1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yahoo! Sources: Chris Paul wants out of Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jun 18, 2019.

1. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

I’m convinced that Steve Kerr is the mysterious source for rockets drama

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I'm not sold its a fake, or not a fake. Some of the details might certainly be off. Or not! Who knows?

It seems pretty likely its being leaked from one of the fired employees. But who it is being leaked by aside, just because DM and CP3 are saying "no", doesn't mean that's true either.

The stories are damaging to whatever moves the Rockets and CP3 want, so deny is also a possibility.

Probably somewhere in the middle. Still way too much smoke for there not to be some fire.

3. D-Lite

D-Lite Contributing Member

They’re both playing solitaire

4. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

And that's the kind of attitude he has as well. He doesn't give a crap if he wins anything here. He knows if he leaves the Rockets he still earns that 40m a year anyway.

I want these so-called big earners like Capela and Paul to start stepping up after signing big contracts.

5. MystikArkitect

This isn’t good.

The only thing worse is Chris Paul’s contract.

6. ball king23

ball king23 Member

this is not fake news if it was said from his camp it is not fake let me man go you can not force a broken relationship we seen this before with Dwight Howard

7. JW86

JW86 Member

I say let the stories keep coming, internal changes are needed and Tilman being a freaking loudmouth in front of other people about CP3's contract is just not classy and doesn't look good. Rockets organisation looks bad here. CP3 and Harden are cool.

BaselineFade likes this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

I don’t really care if there was tension when they loss. In fact I love it. That shows they care about actually winning. I don’t deny something like that happened. It’s natural. But to this laughable level the media is trying it make it seem. Nah I’ll pass

Like I said people will want to believe what they want. If you love to be dramatic do so.

don grahamleone and Astrodome like this.
  9. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Yeah. I’m starting to think rivals and possibly others are trying to make it seem like the Rockets are more of a mess than they are.

Of course there have been issues, mainly with the coaching staff and Tilman imo.

I’m thinking the Rockets have a real shot at Jimmy and other organizations don’t like it.

I’m not liking how all of this has played out, but thinking Rockets fans will like the end results. Hopefully that’s not just the wishful thinking homer in me.

#309 mikol13, Jun 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    don grahamleone, D-rock and DVauthrin like this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

Oh yes. You got him figured out. Foh with this bs

The guy that was playing his ass off and proceeded to get hurt in the process doesn’t give a crap. Just pure stupidity

topfive and DVauthrin like this.
  11. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

The media doesn't want Lebron's narrative derailed for the third straight year, especially now that the West is ripe for the taking.

D-rock and Nelly like this.
  12. dmoneybangbang

... and we used our assets to get CP3 who wanted to be here.

You can make the argument we should have kept our powder dry but we could miss out on everyone like Boston.

With those lofty expectations, you should be used to disappointment.

Vivi and Nook like this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

Fans look for **** to discredit or attack Harden and their own damn team.

14. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Like you, I don’t want to get caught up in the idea of Butler coming because I consider it a long shot, at best. However, a few days ago there was a story here about Harden selling Jimmy on joining the Rockets, and, as we learned last year during LeBron’s free agency, Harden isn’t one to normally do that. Second, if there weren’t rumblings it might happen inside NBA circles, why are new negative stories about Chris Paul and the organization still coming out almost immediately after Daryl Morey went on a media offensive denying that CP3 has requested a trade and emphatically stating that the Rockets are NOT looking to trade him? Someone has an agenda to trash the organization right now, and there must be a reason why.

#314 DVauthrin, Jun 18, 2019
    D-rock likes this.
  15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I've got a hot lead for Vincent Goodwill - Paul's trust in Harden was destroyed by this incident, sources call him "an arsonist and a liar"

#315 SamFisher, Jun 18, 2019
    Nook likes this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

The Athletic, Yahoo, ESPN are all fake news and should never be posted again! :D
    Anyone posting The Athletic, Yahoo, ESPN should be banned!

Fake news media trying to "take down" a team that hasn't won anything in 24 years!

Vivi, Mr. Clutch and SamFisher like this.
  17. lockedin34

lockedin34 Member

You really are a fraud, this proves it. The CP stuff is fake and you were out here promoting it after that bs report came out

18. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Yes, I agree. That's my point lol.

Somebody shouldn't still be here: (i) DM, or (ii) Harden

It's because they hate Harden because he is such an a-hole!!! Everyone knows that!!! /sarcasm

@YOLO agreed that the fire might not be as big as the smoke is making it out, but I think it's also bigger than "tension after a loss". There have been "organizational" problems since THE SECOND the season ended. That speaks to something culturally and personality wise that has been bubbling. It might all be on Tillman for all I/we know, but there's definitely a fire burning...

19. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

Remember when CP3 and Morey were beefing over his contract in the off season?

Nook, D-rock, apollo33 and 1 other person like this.
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

This site apparently has how many “insiders” that people listen too. A story of this magnitude and not one person ever brought the issue to this level up prior.

But hey yahoo sauces

Nook likes this.