1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Celtics talking about a possible Clint Capela trade?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jun 9, 2019.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

That’s illogical. Everything will have someone to break news first (in today’s age). So for fake ones you can say it’s just like such and such real one. More relevant is the person breaking the news And Their history.

saleem likes this.
  2. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

Im kind of scared of the celtics gm ,he always seems to fleece everyone,terry is a backup point guard ,clint is a starter whos kryptonite is draymond green ? Terry playoff stats are not very good,except for his elite defense,screw the celtics, dont do it morey

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

He's not really saying they had talks about Capela for Rozier

utgrad97, Nook and J.R. like this.
  4. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

It’s Kyler again guys! Even Celtics reddit rolled their eyes when they found out it was from Kyler.

Weirdly, Celtics reddit cant wait to get rid of Terry.

Mr. Turbo likes this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Career 38% shooter (35% from three), only 2 assists, what's the hype I'm missing? Defensive wizard?
    I probably wouldn't want to be the team that signs him to a big deal.

Terry Rozier on what he wants in free agency: “I’m looking forward to a family, someone that greets me like a family and is gonna invest in me all the way. Other than that I’m gonna go from there.” His thoughts on the Celtics, who will have option to match offers: “No comment.”

“I don’t give a f— what nobody say, I sacrificed the most out of anybody. I’m a top point guard in this league. I feel like it’s a fresh start, whether I’m here or whether I’m gone.” said Rozier.

“Everybody was running around with their heads cut off, like chickens,” backup point guard Terry Rozier III told Yahoo Sports. “Coach was in a tough position, one of the toughest positions, dealing with all these guys with attitudes, all that sh–. Guys that’s All-Stars, guys getting paid a lot of money, guys trying to get paid. It’s tough.” Rozier said he saw it on the first day of training camp, so many talented players who could make a case for bigger roles. “I feel like I sacrificed the most, but I’d do it any day for this team,” Rozier told Yahoo Sports. “A lot of things weren’t fair to me, but it’s not about me. That’s why I don’t b**** and complain.”

Terry Rozier tells @FirstTake that if the Celtics wanted to bring back this year’s team next season: “I might have to go. I put up with a lot this year. I said what I said after the season. I think we all know that I’m not trying to step into that again.”

With Rozier hitting restricted free agency later in July, he was pressed about his future in Boston. “I’m looking forward to just play ball,” Rozier said. “I don’t care where I go. Obviously the Celtics is the only organization I knew for four years. I love it there, and we just have to go from there. … I expect for me to get my chance, whether it’s with the Celtics or it’s anywhere else. I feel like I can be myself and play my game wherever I go.” He was asked later in the program though about the possibility of coming back with this current roster intact and threw cold water on the idea. “I might have to go. I put up with a lot this year. I said what I said after the season. I think we all know that I’m not trying to step into that again.”

Terry Rozier on the Jalen & Jacoby show right now: “I’m looking to start (next season). … I’m not looking to settle for anything less. I’m willing to work for it too, but that’s my ultimate goal.”

6. ball king23

ball king23 Member

if not pick is included i would say no deal

7. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Jaylen Brown or bust

Deuce, Mazulis, jayydela and 3 others like this.
  8. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

Horford would be absolutely perfect in our system.

Tricky to match his salary if he opts in, or get him in a SnT without approaching the hard cap, but he’d be a fantastic addition

RocketOrg likes this.
  9. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I don’t believe an extension of Rozier is for SnT purposes. It’s in anticipation of Kyrie leaving. Promotion.

10. BuckeyeRocketFan

BuckeyeRocketFan Contributing Member

How about Irving in a sign and trade along with something else to make $$ work for Paul and Capela? I think Kyrie would actually be a really nice fit with James.

Highlyrated likes this.
  11. BigBum

BigBum Member

My thought
    Bayne and rosier for capela.

Or three teams
    Capela, Tatum, smart for Davis

Pelicans land players younger than 25.

12. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

That would be entirely up to Kyrie. He has a player option that many think he is going to utilize. Many also think
    Kyrie is going to join Durant in NY (Knicks or Nets). Nets would need to dump a salary.

#32 ApacheWarrior, Jun 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
  13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The Nets are going to make a big mistake if they throw the max for Kyrie. He is not mature enough to carry the team. I think the Crabbe trade has given them more cap space. Around 46 M.
    Always nice to read your bright ideas, Apache.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

wtf do we do w/ baines and rozier

15. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Knicks signing Kyrie would be such a Knicks move. Big money, big name, overrated player, injury prone, attitude problem. He checks all the boxes.

16. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Thank you saleem. Yes, the Crabbe move has put the Nets in play for competition against the Knicks in free agency.

Feeling is mutual.

saleem likes this.
  17. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Question is, what do they (Celtics) want with Capela? Will he be teamed with Horford or AD?

18. BigBum

BigBum Member

Paul will be traded.
    Celtics keep Irving.
    Knicks and nets may not get anything.

19. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Auto correct is a b**** with Android...

Highlyrated likes this.
  20. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

I’m not for trading Capela for the types of players I'm hearing here. Taytum or bust for me. Capela is still a very good player.

rockets1995 and BallSoHarden like this.