1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A Quick Reminder For Clutchfans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BallaDoc, May 31, 2019.

1. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

In defense of Daryl Morey

in his first roster creation gave us this team to compete with

Yao/mutombo/Hayes
    Scold/Landry
    Battier/Artest
    Tmac/wafer
    Brooks/Lowry (acquired after trading away our. Starting pg)

After injuries decimated us he was given a mandate to not tank. He never had a losing record and only had late lottos to work with. His next contender that he built off the backs of guys like dragic/Lowry/Martin/battier/scold was

Howard
    Tjones/dmo(later smoove)
    Parsons (later Ariza)
    Harden
    Beverly/Lin (later jet)

He then got us our current constructed roster that has pushed the Durant warriors more than any other team.

He hasn’t earned our trust

In defense of Harden:

The man has had literally 2 all star year teammates(Howard) and pushed the realest team of all time more than anyone else. His contemporaries

Kawhi: has the big 3 and then got bailed out by Marc Gasol and spicy p

Westbrook: has **** the bed and never gotten past the first round since Durant left even with all nova first team teammates

Giannis: severely underperformed and lost against the raptors.

Curry/klay: get to chill all 3 quarters wih Iggy and Draymond going off and show up for one quarter. Or chill 2 GameS while Durant kills us

While harden puts up 36/6/6 on 40/36/80. ............ yeah give that guy Gasol/spicy p/Paul George. Let’s see the media **** on him then

Mazulis, Deuce, backwardhead and 7 others like this.
  2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Harden gotta move more though.

thedreamsteam and B-Bob like this.
  3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It blows my mind that people are whining about Morey/Harden.

Imagine If they were fans for 25-28 or so other teams the last decade. Spoiled...

4. topfive

topfive CF OG

I thought I knew where you were headed, but this last line just confuses me as to your point.

#4 topfive, May 31, 2019
    Last edited: May 31, 2019
    backwardhead, Jayzers_100 and Ramo$e like this.
  5. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Hi there Darell

thedreamsteam and J.R. like this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

They all need to earn their contracts!

ISOBall likes this.
  7. photojoe

photojoe Member

Remember when we would be the 8th or 9th seed in the West and get the number 14 draft pick and use it on an undersized PF, year after year?

Those were the days. We should trade Harden and fire Morey and go back to that

rbenavides01 likes this.
  8. Juxtaposed Jolt

To be fair, Kawhi, Curry and Klay have all been to the promised land. Giannis is still young, so there's still plenty of time to improve. So you can see why the media gives them a pass.

And barely anyone speaks of Westbrook in a positive light, these days.

9. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I didn't see an "in defense of" MDA

Perhaps that is because there was already a thread on it .

My opinion is that MDA is not as good as harden or Morey is relative to their peers .

IBTL and thedreamsteam like this.
  10. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

Sorry was typing hastily on the phone and it corrected to hasn’t. Completely defeats my point that he HAS earned our trust.

jcf and topfive like this.
  11. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

Give harden their supporting cast of

Duncan/Ginobili/Aldridge/Parker/pop
    Klay/curry/Draymond/iggy/Durant

And he would almost assuredly make the promise land as well. In he 8 years Harden hasn’t been here he’s hasn’t one teammate make it to the all star team once. Give him an all star or an all Nbaer like those guys have had and then it would be a fair comparison

12. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

people that think morey is a bad gm simply havent been paying attention.

You could make some arguments that he hasnt had any luck with injuries and maybe thats a statistical factor morey doesnt account for much in his number crunches? Who knows but there are patterns. Maybe getting injury proned value guys is part of his flaw?

Having not yet achieved a title that is the biggest knock.. and he would probably agree in a stats world a big ass 0 next to his name probably hurts.

Trust in morey they say and I agree. Would you want to be toronto where potentially win title but having mortgaged future? What is it worth to you? Morey consistently puts us in top 1/3 of league.

Bucks did good to get giannis and I would say gsw did REALLY good to get a draft hit with curry/green then add kerr. Things can work out as well sometimes. Breaks do happen and good for gsw....the same way when it worked out that charlotte with 12 pick didnt mind letting a young punk named kobe bryant go to lakers.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He might not be a bad GM but he is one of the unluckiest GMs out there.

Would have at least give him a present, making the Finals for once.

Wanted to go deep into the Draft - Owner Alexander says no.....I want us to win at least 50% of our games. I want us to play uptempo.

Wanted to get a third star - Tilman: Oh wait, next year, oh, next year!

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Well, 10 different teams (cities) have participated in the NBA Finals since the 08/09 season. The Rockets haven't done so since 1995. Throw in 6 more NBA cities that have participated in the NBA Finals since that time.

During Morey's tenure, no team has had much regular season success without an NBA Finals appearance to show for it than the Houston Rockets.

I'm not saying that this is Morey's fault. But it helps explain the frustration and impatience of the fan base.

Mazulis and daywalker02 like this.
  15. smokieethabear

He's too fat though..