1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 5/10/2019 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 6)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 9, 2019.

1. amaru

amaru Member

Rivers never had this level of talent. Face it, Mike sucks ass.

2. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Oh well. It’s true.

Rodman23, J Sizzle, chadyang and 3 others like this.
  3. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

There is no O in Antoni either lol....it's all ISO.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  4. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I always thought Green think he's a super hero every time he jack up a 3 lol.

5. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

As soon as I saw Capela had that bird poop in his hair, i knew something ain't right this year lol.

snowconeman22, smp and RyanB like this.
  6. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

James Harden and Chris Paul are only good at doing State Farms commercials lol.

AB423 likes this.
  7. Hmc415

Hmc415 Member

He turned the game in less than 60 seconds. After that missed mid range and turnover, I had a very very bad feeling

8. txtx

txtx New Member

Capela was the only player to plateau down to half his regular season self this series. He's the common player denominator why we lost all the games and deserves an "audit" to find out of he was paid to tank. Never seen him fumble the ball away like that on passes handed to him under the basket or shoot so wildly, especially not 6 games in a row.

D'Antoni helped lose game 6 by slowing everything down, and Harden helped lose game 6 by missing 5 free throws.

If I were the Rockets, I'd ditch Paul for a point guard who can consistently get his own shot (not just when the tank is full). If I were State Farm, I'd ditch Harden/Paul. Losing like this the past 2 years and STILL failing to surpass the McHale/Howard years is losing no company wants to be associated with, regardless of matching the red color of your logo.

9. jiggadi

jiggadi Contributing Member

Capella should have been shutdown. Yet they kept putting him out there. That's on the coaching staff. He wasn't competing to win he was being punked. I want him off the team.

10. Bringbacnellie

Bringbacnellie New Member

Maybe Paul’s contract can be traded to Lakers who are desperate for a Labron costar. This would give the Lakers 2 bananas. Sign Melo and persuade Wade. Labron gets his dream. Houston gets the young unwanted and a pick, missed opportunity this past trade deadline.

11. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

The easiest explanation for Capela is that he's still sick. Second easiest is that, other than one monster game, he hasn't played them very well at any point this year

In the regular season, he played the Warriors four times, averaging 15 pts and nearly 15 boards a game. A lot of that was due to a 29/21 game he dropped on them, but even if you take that out, he still averaged 10.3/12.7 for the other three. A troubling trend in those games is that he didn't go to the line all that often, 13 times total for those 4 games. Min/game were 35 ish, and 32 if you don't count his one big game.

The playoffs? He averaged 8.8/10 for the six Warriors games, on 28/29 ish minutes. Extend that rate to the 32 minutes a game he played in the regular season and he's still off his regular season production, but only by 10 percent or so. Which lingering illness and greater physical play in the playoffs could explain.

Not what you feel good spending 18 million a year for, but if CF got that pissy about letting Ariza walk, the place would have virtually murdered Morey and Fertitta if they let Capela leave because of 18 per year. (Other than 'Holic, of course.)

12. bmelo

bmelo Member

I dont know if i remember good but:

(Down by 2, 2minutes left)Unnessecary offensive foul by James>Curry makes 3>Harden makes 2>Thompson makes 3> lazy inbound by Harden stolen by Thompson

Harden is just choker

J Sizzle likes this.
  13. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

that offensive foul was bullshit. aside from the obvious flop by donkey, there was absolutely no need for that whistle to be made because it gave harden/rockets no advantage on the play (it was at halfcourt). that call was either something personal with marc davis or just part of silver's agenda. and it was one of many suspect calls in the last 5min of the game, all favoring GS of course. the rest of your sequence above is accurate though. and the 5 missed FTs are a huge indictment on harden's mental toughness

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Well...he’s right.. I’d throw Gordon in there too. But like...nobody is taking Paul/Capela. So who cares?

17. bmelo

bmelo Member

No. Thats offensive foul everywhere in the world when you take Homer glasses off. His arm was extendend and you are not allowed to create separation with hands

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

that arm BARELY touched donkey and his delayed reaction flop made that obvious

19. gotsis

gotsis Member

Still such a unnecessary risk to take. Why extend your arm like that in halfcourt. No need.

But for me the turning point was the 3 on 1 fastbreak we botched. It would have been a score for houston and a timeout for gsw, instead they hit a three on us and closed the gap.

20. Bringbacnellie

Bringbacnellie New Member

As a general question why did Houston want the Warriors in the 2nd round instead of the Blazers or Denver, don't understand why they did not put the petal to the metal to get a higher seed?