1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Will Never Trust James Harden again. It's too painful.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreamShook, May 10, 2019.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Khloe, you?

2. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

There are literally thousands of posts in the last 24 hours.

Yours succintly summarize who is James Harden. -- a supremely gifted offensive player who lacks the killer instinct to prevail in the playoffs. Never had and likely never will as he approach 30.

Sad.

Little Bit and SWTsig like this.
  3. kyle7758521

kyle7758521 Member

maybe you guys still remember this interview Kobe Bryant & Tracy McGrady Interview.

Kobe said: with the style how James Harden plays, he won't win a championship.
    check out the interview from 03:05.

4. bro2044

bro2044 Member

We just have to get better.

The Warriors are a historically great team, and we are a great team. The warriors are down 2 All-Stars and still have 3, with a Finals MVP playing. We have 1 All-Star godsend making the 2010s bearable, but ultimately we are the Jazz/Suns/Sonics/Knicks of the Jordan era..... a team that absolutely deserves a title, but theres an immovable object in our way, and we are only unstoppable by it recently.

Blame Harden all you want. We're just not as good, and there's no excuses. He's flawed, but he's gdm amazing, and needs the right help. If we brought in talent that setup a winning culture that played bball the right way, then maybe we could be back and forth with GSW, but until Capela steps up, Gordon becomes consistent, Paul de-ages, D'Antoni makes adjustments, Green stops being a bonehead, Shumpert contributes on offense, House evolves, and Farid is playoff playable.... we can't compete with a team that has surrounded all-time great scoring hall of famers with defenders and guys who move without the ball and play the game the right way.

We are moneyball with less talent than our opponent. If anyone "trusted" that Harden would lead us past the Warriors, then you have a poor understanding of basketball and our situation. You can "hope" and you can "believe", but trust?

I was angry and yelling and disappointed and upset, but in the end I know that all we have is potential against this gdm GS team, and in the back of my mind I knew that they are a better team, and to beat them would be the feeling of Stockton running and jumping down the court after a G6 winning 3. Maybe itll happen some day, take down our Goliath, but today we're not David, not yet.

Harden should've been better, but a lot of our team should've been better, and I have no doubt that he could adapt to a better system and be surrounded by more reliable teammates.

RocketOrg likes this.
  5. bro2044

bro2044 Member

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This is the one thing that drives me crazy about Harden. He has to take 8 seconds to cross the mid court. Then another 8 seconds to size up the defense. By the time he makes a move, the clock is down to less than 8 seconds. Why does he need that much time? It's not like he needs to wait for the play to develop. There is nothing to develop. It's ISO offense. Everybody just stands around to wait for him to start the play. If you didn't know the score, you would think that we were way ahead and he was milking the clock. But we were behind with not much time left. What was he waiting for?

Richie_Rich, SWTsig and bro2044 like this.
  7. split41

split41 Member

The worst part was he came out gunning with 14 in the 1st. He was too focused on getting other guys involved, which I can understand, but as this game really was going to define his legacy he should have been way more selfish. But, I don't pin this loss on him

8. Texanstradamus

Again here y’all go with stats that don’t matter if you don’t close the deal ! Stop making excuses for harden you will claim he better than Wade kobe all time greats but when he don’t close the deal like those guys make excuses Curry step up and closed the rockets out on the road without KD ...the dude has it unlike harden

9. MystikArkitect

The Spurs series was the rule, the Warriors actually shielded us from the reality. Having the Durant Warriors exist always convinced us that we were capable of winning a title, it’s just that this super team was in the way.

With Durant gone it just exposed the truth. We don’t play winning basketball. We employ a gimmick offense that works against weaker opponents but becomes too variable when the playoffs roll around against better teams. That’s when fundamentals come in. Passing. Rebounding. That’s where we blew it in Game 5 and again in Game 6. I’m fine with knowing the truth. At least now we know.

Richie_Rich, a time to chill and YOLO like this.
  10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You guys already know that I've never trusted James Farten. Because during the season you think he's the s**t. Then come playoff time you find out that he's just a bunch of gas.

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Super bummed about the loss. Not only was it not Harden's fault, but he should also shake the label that he disappears in the playoffs. He didn't He played well at both ends of the court. He hit clutch shots, he went out of bounds saving balls for the team. He set up teammates.

I'm not going to pretend like he was perfect either. He committed TOs, made mistakes, and wasn't perfect. Nobody is. He was as good as Klay, and leaps and bounds above Curry.

He made the Rockets better than all but a small number of other teams.

In the end it just showed that we can't beat a team with numerous all-stars and solid role players when we really have only one all-star, one star, two solid role players (one of which barely showed up for the series) and others who aren't solid role players yet, are past their time for that, or will never be solid role players.

I just don't think it's right to place the blame on our all-star who played well and played equal to or outplayed the other teams all-stars. I understand it because we are all bummed and placed our hopes in our all-star.

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't trust your opinion. Because he wasn't a bunch of gas in the playoffs. He played very well.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

I can trust him in the regular season when the pressure is non existent to minimal. In the playoffs he is who he is. Not as good and no true killer instinct like the other true elite’s in this league. Some guys just have it when the big moments come in the playoffs. He doesn’t.

SWTsig and coachbadlee like this.
  14. Texanstradamus

Until it was closing time

15. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Again, harden wasn’t terrible, but you can’t tell me he left it all on the floor last night.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  16. Texanstradamus

Harden drop off in pts and fgs % is glaring

17. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Harden is officially a playoff checker. Him and MDA are a recipe for disaster in the playoffs. We need an alpha

18. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Eh....Hardens defense bothered me the most. No strong close outs, no strong box-outs.

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

He had cement feet the whole game. From strolling up the court to letting players blow by him on defense and not committing to switches.

On an elimination game also. Dude has some serious mental issues.

20. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Well our genius coaching staff sagged off of him and let him get in a rhythm