1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Game 5-4Q Condensed: 720p All Rockets Possessions last 7mins

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, May 9, 2019.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I can't watch this. It's too soon. Everything that could go wrong did go wrong. I was so salty when I went to bed last night. ...it hasn't worn off.

CriscoKidd and bilaal14 like this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

i hear you but the closer we get to game 6 tomorrow, the fast we can just move on. I'm just hoping the guys aren't dwelling on it like some of us are. its done with. next game. one at a time.

CriscoKidd and napalm06 like this.
  3. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Agreed.

No one threw the ball away, no one traveled, no one dribbled off their foot, no one took a bad shot, etc. The closest we had to "bad plays" were Tucker barely stepping out and Paul's charge (which I would argue was just Draymond flopping). I give Clint a pass on the jump ball because that was just a solid defensive play by Looney.

The guys did really well on the offensive end...there were just a few bad bounces (Curry rebounding his own miss, Klay ending up with the layup off the scramble) on the other side that made the difference.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

The offense was in fact good. The concern is harden not being directly involved in several of the plays after checking back in. Maybe that's fine because he was spreading the floor anyway, but people are justifiably concerned since it's not what we expect

5. Roxs-Redemption

6. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

As I said, it's always Harden who gets the blame when the Rockets lose.

7. dmoneybangbang

I don't know man, it's been awhile since the data and my eyes have been so out of whack. The Rockets, in the moment of me watching, looked offensively ineffective, settling for too many difficult shots due to dragging the clock out.

8. dmoneybangbang

Comes with being the franchise player.

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Like Morey says, you win with stars not role players

10. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Blame this on coach.

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

How anyone in this thread can look at that video and think Harden did the right thing on those possessions is beyond me. He wasn't aggressive at all. He was being guarded man to man. He was destroying all defenders this series and all of sudden he stopped playing. He didn't ask for the ball once.

Even with that Video even with CP3 and Clint playing like garbage, I still blame this on Harden 100%. He could have crushed them in the 4th and he decided to let someone else do it when he is always the best option.