1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant Injury

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, May 8, 2019.

1. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Draymond needs to be limited most of all in my opinion. He has led every game in rebounds and all but 1 in assists. We have to take away that production.

WarEagleRockets and Nook like this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

his assists are predicated mainly on curry and klay making shots. And obviously KD.

Lurch and Nook like this.
  3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

He’s really good at those two things. And defense.

How do you propose limiting him?

Lurch likes this.
  4. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Attacking and exploiting his weakness...his head. Get in his head and frustrate him and throw him off of his groove and let him do something stupid.

5. mastan

mastan Member

Draymond is not that good... we are making him look good.

6. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I can see NBA gods did us last year, they will do this year to the Warriors. We won game 5 last year with CP3 injury. Same with Warriors, they won Game 5 with Durant injury.

WarEagleRockets likes this.
  7. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Donkey is a 3x All-Star, 3x Defensive 1st Team. He makes every team look bad. We need to play Donkey, need to play his mind. When he gets played, he gets angry and become an uncontrollable animal. Have Donkey get kicked out.

Lurch likes this.
  8. GradyMcTracy

GradyMcTracy Member

9. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I've torn both my calves playing ball. The first time at 31, it popped loud and it felt like I'd been kicked in the leg. I couldn't put any pressure on it and had to hop on one leg. The second time at age 44 was not as dramatic, but it did pop. I was able to limp off the court.

I was in a rigorous Air Force Special Ops training the first time and was able to run at a 7 minute mile pace in 2-weeks time (that's without full rest). We were training hard and I was in fantastic shape, so my recovery time was good, but it still hurt. The second time, it took almost 6-weeks before I could play again. I attribute that to my age, more so than the severity of the tear.

To me KD looked to have more of the second injury I had and with the treatment he'll receive he should be able to return sometime in the next series (if they advance). His lateral movement may be limited a bit longer, but straight line should be alright.

I'm no doctor and everyone is different, but that's just my take from those painful experiences.

10. WarEagleRockets

Not just the basketball gods, but GOD himself, this is playing out the same for a reason

11. mastan

mastan Member

Nobody can see anything and nobody knows God's plan... Rockets last year almost beat GS without CP3 if not for the biased referees... GS without KD is capable of beating this Rockets....however I hope and pray that Rockets eliminate GS.

12. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Bottom line, we're built to counter everything Warriors. KD has been key in this series. Loosing him is akin to loosing CP3 last year. If we don't have to scheme for KD anymore. We'll be free to double team Curry. That leaves Thompson to beat us. If we put House on Thompson and make sure he's on him like white on rice and leave Capela in the paint, we'll blow these guys out of the water. On the offensive end, we go back to the bread and butter pnr. Since durant is out, theyve got less length, speed, and pure talent at the 4.

BigShasta likes this.
  13. Roxs-Redemption

Update has been released.

daywalker02 likes this.
  14. s3ts

s3ts Member

I'm not sure where you think that's the narrative I'm propagating. Look at the statistics, these refs are calling less fouls in the playoffs compared to reg season because it's just a more physical game. And the fouls are what makes someone like Harden even more deadly.

Whether the refs are rigging the games, etc. are a totally separate conversation from refs handing out fouls be it against us or them. They're not calling them as often, and spending all our time looking for switches is a huge waste of time when we should just be confident enough to attack anyone. G4 was the proof of that, Harden stopped caring at who's in front of him and just went at the opposition.

15. WarEagleRockets

My point was there's no such thing as a Basketball God. GOD take intrest in everything that goes on in his World. I should of said I hope this scenerio is karma from last year. Of course nobody knows GOD's plan. Nor do I need to be told as such. Thnx.

16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Good luck. He's really good with the head games, too.

I know its passe to pretend like he's just a nobody. But the guy is great and what he's capable of.

Did he get suspended for kicking a dude in the balls one too many times? Yes. But as we see now, he's more than capable of raking people in the head as many times as he wants with absolutely no kick back at all.

The best bet is to get him in foul trouble. And Steph. And Klay. But again, all that's easier said than done. He fouled out last night, but didn't have more than 3 in the series prior. And the Rockets don't particularly play the kind of offense that obviously leads to a lot of fouls for the other team... UNLESS the other team is jumping into landing zones...

The best bet is to just play better than the Warriors. Meaning EG, Capela, CP3, Rivers can't all suck...

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That sounds like a fantasy scenario, but after what I’ve seen last year playing Oakland and this series, all too believable.

18. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

When everyone expects us to beat the Worriors, we will fold and embarrass ourselves...

19. Nimo

Nimo Member

This was the Rockets when Durant went down

[​IMG]

then this happened

[​IMG]

20. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I don't buy that Durant would be back in a week. There is no injury where you think someone kicked you and then you're back in a week. They're just trying to keep morale up and his team is protecting his FA status.

Whatever, he's out for the series anyway.

MD_in_Training likes this.