1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Broussard: I hope Rockets get swept, they symbolize everything wrong with society

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsFan2017, May 2, 2019.

1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The League office (and the CP3 injury)has been the only thing stopping us over ghe last two years.

2. RyanB

RyanB Member

No and it's not even close, maybe LeBron before winning a championship.
    The more you see how Harden and the Rockets are treated unfairly, the more you realize there is really something going on behind the scenes to make this team look diabolical.
    I don't know if a championship will change the general public opinion, but it's becoming ridiculous to an extreme how this team is viewed.

malakas and hakeem94 like this.
  3. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

So this fool didn't actually understand anything he read? According to the NBA itself Warriors got +92 points during last years WCF. Basically he is saying he doesn't care if the NBA just gives warriors 13 points at the start and calls the game perfectly. He doesn't want to hold anyone responsible and he loves giving the most talented team even more advantage.

This dude is psychotic.

RyanB and hongxingli like this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hes just realistic , that is, on the party line, Adam silver is obviously of the same opinion, since he turned nba basketball into Figure Skating and points are awarded subjectively and according to the artistic impression.

Crashlanded19, RocketJedi and RyanB like this.
  5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The funny thing is he made these scorching hot takes trying to get attention and no one cares.

Crashlanded19, RyanB and hakeem94 like this.
  6. SemisolidSnake

Can someone set up a website where we can list everything wrong with society caused by the Rockets? Make sure to put Chris Broussard's name on it to give proper credit, of course. Lord knows, as Rockets fans, we're more predisposed to idea theft and copyright infringement, one of the many wrongs of society, and we all need to come to terms with that. Anyway...

Personally, I blame the 2018-2019 Rockets basketball team for fusion power still not being commercially viable and always being 30 years away.

I also blame the Houston Rockets for the coming burst of the massive college bubble and the ensuing economic recession that will follow. This might take a couple more decades, but the 2018-2019 Houston Rockets basketball team will absolutely be responsible for it.

The bankruptcy of Greece...Rockets' fault. See, that's why Giannis has to be the MVP, because he's going to singlehandedly fix what the Rockets caused in his home country.

Louka, malakas, RyanB and 3 others like this.
  7. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Wow, and they say HARDEN exaggerates for attention... smh.

RyanB likes this.
  8. CCorn

CCorn Member

CCorn: Broussard can EAD

pippendagimp and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Lol. Isn’t this guys only claim to fame that he knows a guy who knows a guy from Cleveland who knows a guy in Lebrons camp that might know that he’s leaving Cleveland to go to Miami?

The only reason you have a job is StarF$&ing.... give me a break.

Society?!?.... of all the things going on in the world today (rise of white nationalism, AI, tech, climate change, war, famine, drug related deaths, bad music, etc etc) the Houston Rockets... a GDamn basketball team who shoot a lot of threes are EVERYTHING wrong with SOCIETY??

Basketball is an escape from Society you dim wit. This is the S$&@ that gives me a break from all the crap. This is the good stuff dude.

(Insert Arnold “Shut up” gif from Kindergarten Cop)

#209 dobro1229, May 4, 2019
    Last edited: May 4, 2019
    Sajan likes this.
  10. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Teams getting way to much hate.

Now is the time to stick It to all of the haters doubters losers and just win the next 4 games.

**** going to 7 let’s just win it in 6 and ruin all these guys Bay Area June vacations.

11. SemisolidSnake

I was thinking about this some more, and, as someone that occasionally handles delicate HR issues at my company, this guy would be on my red flashing warning radar if I heard him say something like this around the water cooler. This dissociation with reality and level of hate about such triviality is legitimately scary.

I'd definitely be keeping an eye on him and starting to compile plans for when he eventually was let go for whatever reason. He's the sort of guy that's narcissistic and would be looking for retribution, and I'd have to be ready to protect data and property, change locks, and keep the lawyers and the police a phone call away. I've seen it before. The ones that seem crazy on the surface are often even crazier and really vindictive underneath.

That's what I'd be thinking if this guy was just in a normal job. The fact that he's out there spewing this in front of a bunch of people tells you a lot about the media that hires him.

burlesk and hakeem94 like this.
  12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What?

13. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

I don't have time to click the link, but who is this guy anyway, and why does his words carry any weight?

14. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

People who moralize about sports are the left armpit of society.

burlesk, hakeem94 and SemisolidSnake like this.
  15. SemisolidSnake

Saying that a basketball team symbolizes everything wrong with society is a level of crazy that would being throwing off warning flags left and right if I had to be around this person in real life.

16. daoshi

One name, Chris Paul. He always brings the hate anywhere he's been.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Harden is hated independent of Chris Paul.

HP3 and hakeem94 like this.
  18. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

Broussard is a blowhard but this willful ignorance of criticism by so many on this board is why we have zero finals appearances in the last two decades. Some criticism is valid -- be willing to admit that to improve.

19. daoshi

I don't think people hate Harden, they may dislike his style of play baiting ref calling fouls, but that's not hate. Paul is different, he is one of the dirtiest player, if not the THE dirtiest.

Everyone on this board called him a dirty player, and hated him when he was with the Clippers.

20. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

Seriously dude? You sound as bad as Chris Broussard.

Rockets are the reason for all of society's ills just as much as the r****ds on this board are responsible for the Rockets not winning a championship in 25 years. Go some where with that nonsense.

burlesk likes this.