1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Broussard: I hope Rockets get swept, they symbolize everything wrong with society

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsFan2017, May 2, 2019.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm actually surprised cause Chris Broussard only talks about LeBron

2. FearTheBeardJH

Moreyball sucks because it's far too simplistic. It's the reason why Rockets offense has been shutdown every single playoffs eventually.

2015 playoffs vs. Warriors: 102.4 OffRtg
    2016 playoffs vs. Warriors: 93.4 OffRtg
    2017 playoffs vs. Spurs: 108.4 OffRtg
    2018 playoffs vs. Warriors: 104.9 OffRtg

Rockets have to implement an offense that actually works in the playoffs and go away from Morey's simplistic garbage philosophies.

3. s3ts

s3ts Member

What stats is Sauces mentioning?

4. Nook

Nook Member

Did Cornholer say anything about the shimmy by the Greek Freak in game 2 against the Celtics? Nope..... not a damn thing.

As for Chris Broussard, brother is everything wrong with the NBA...... making up bullshit rumors about LeBron James (getting caught for it)...... selling out to work for ESPN and getting his butt dropped.

Chris has money.... his father is a damn Judge and he is on television..... get those damn eyes fixed.

BigMaloe, htownrox1, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

multiple sauces still has a platform to speak?

didn't read/listen. the name is already enough for me to say who the fck cares what he says

6. macan

macan Member

haters gonna hate..the only way we can shut them up is to win the championship

Tfor3 likes this.
  7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Nook and smp like this.
  8. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

You guys don't remember when Broussard reported(And went on national tv) it was drama between cp3 and Morey over his contract? Then both cp3 and Morey mocked his stupid ass at the Hardens mvp award ceremony I believe laughing at him. I can see why that lame scrub wants us to get swept.

htownrox1, Tfor3, BeBreezy and 2 others like this.
  9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Post would be better with some analytics.

10. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Yet FTA was always quoted as a POSITIVE stat for everyone BUT Harden. So, no, this isn't the reason. It's just Rocketman Bad.

So, all these same people are huge Jordan detractors, then, right? Because everything they say they don't like about Harden...Jordan did. Well, except Harden is giving out more assists...I guess that's not 'aesthetically pleasing' when he does that, either.

No, these other people are just biased idiots, and should be called out loudly and often for it.

No, we can't. But we can, and *should*, point out what idiots they are, and the pure hypocrisy in their thinking, how they really don't know a damn thing about basketball and can't even really explain their 'dislike', and how it doesn't really apply at all beyond Rocketman Bad.

Pure proof of that? People get fouled because they beat their man. So, what this 'logic' is saying is they don't like Harden because he is just too good. What's the 'logic' in that? Since when did being that good become not 'aesthetically pleasing'? Since...never, would be the answer. Well, maybe since Wilt...a lot of people didn't like Wilt, either. Which is maybe the ultimate comparison (Wilt being the best basketball player who ever played :) ).

Look at it this way. If Harden were on the Warriors, AND DOING THE EXACT SAME THINGS...they'd all be loving it.

But...I wonder how much hate the Warriors would get if their uniforms were red?

#130 BigDog63, May 2, 2019
    Last edited: May 2, 2019
    Tfor3 and D-rock like this.
  11. Mike Breen

Mike Breen Member

12. DLX94

DLX94 Member

You put T Mac next to him and I bet he'll agree with him. Lol. Can there be an analyst to counter him to balance the argument? It's like Houston did this and that all the time from everyone. And then they'll throw in "don't get me wrong I love Harden and Paul, but....". Please James, Paul, Eric and company. Please win the series to shut them up and prove them wrong. Unbelievable. If we lose, this will be a recurring theme next season. I don't know with this much hate, I think the basketball God's probably feel the same way against us. Lol.

13. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

There are moments in which I wish it were legal to kick people in the face

D-rock likes this.
  14. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

I hear what you are saying, JuanValdez, but it really doesn't hold up. For EVERY OTHER TEAM, trying to draw fouls is smart play. Why is suddenly bad when the Rockets do it? Was it 'unartistic' when they did it, and do these same people have the same complaints about every other athlete and team doing it? No. Meaning that isn't really the reason. They just don't like the Rockets, and are making up stuff to back it up.

Lots of teams neglect the mid range jumper. For a long time, the Mavs were the only team in the NBA that emphasized the mid range jumper. So, does everyone hate every other team? Why just the Rockets? The mid range jumper has been on the decline since they introduced the 3 point shot...about 30 years ago? Why not hate every team since then, then?

Do the Rockets take more 3 point shots than any other team? Yes. Who takes the second most? The Warriors. So...why are 3 point shots just horrible for the game when the Rockets do it...but great basketball when the Warriors do it? Because they have on a yellow jersey when they do it?

There really isn't any 'reason' for the dislike of the Rockets that holds any water under any real analysis.

15. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Shows just how bad the LeBron situation is....not even worth talking about with them not in the playoffs. Probably be better for the Rockets if he were relevant now.

16. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

I had his speech located farther down, and more towards the back. :)

Houstunna likes this.
  17. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

I got through a few minutes of the vid. Broussard is one of the most irritating media personalities out there.

Regarding his comments on flopping: all teams have players that like to flop. Don't just single out the Rockets. Oh and BTW, the most egregious floppers in NBA history are still Vlade Divac and Manu Ginobili. "Hollywood-ing" has been a part of the game for the past 25 years. Some players (and coaches, GMs, etc.) will do whatever it takes to win, including "working" or "gaming" the system if they can get away with it. This is true in all sports. Flopping is just one example of that. Stealing signs in MLB is another.

As for his "entitlement" comments and whining to the refs...compared to some other teams, the Rockets have been fairly tame in that regard both last season and this season. Heck, the Warriors are probably the most "entitled" team in the league. And historically, the Malone/Stockton era Jazz, the Ewing/Starks era Knicks and the Shaq/Kobe Lakers were just absurd with their whining and b****ing after almost every whistle.

And analytics...ok he may have a bit of a point there. I'm fine with analytics being an important part of team strategy, but every now and then I wish the Rockets would just take what the defense gives them. That said, every NBA team has been incorporating analytics more and more in recent years. I'm pretty sure that 3-pt attempts have been WAY up amongst almost every team compared to 10 years ago.

The increasing prevalence of analytics was an inevitable trend in ALL sports due to research and technological advancements, as well as the game becoming more business-like instead of artistic. "Going with your gut", stubborn purists of whatever scheme, and the like are falling out of favor. Broussard should just shut up and accept it.

D-rock likes this.
  18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Well, that's kinda what I mean. The complaints about our shot selection, drawing fouls, flops, travels, jawing at refs, etc are not the sincere cause. Everybody does all those things. They hate Moreyball itself because they hate the idea of some egghead masterminding wins with statistical magic instead of the athletes by themselves competing.

Maybe its just a branding problem. Because I'm sure the Warriors are evaluating the efficiencies of their shots too. But they don't talk about it in public. Morey is the nerd rockstar, and his personal brand is imprinted on the Rockets brand. If we did all the same stuff, but Morey wasn't out there as the evangelist of analytics and we just pretended it was all D'Antoni's idea, based on his experience as a player and coach, to pass up the midrange shots, there'd probably be no beef. People might say D'Antoni isn't very smart, but they wouldn't say he was ruining the sport. The accusations that we're ruining the sport come because it's the GM doing it and not the coach, and he's using math and not his gut. And, most importantly, it works and is being adopted by other people's favorite teams too.

BaselineFade and Sajan like this.
  19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

This is not how analysis works, lol.

Those ORtgs are just fine if you consider the talent on the team.

The Rockets have done WAY MORE .... with WAY LESS. If the Rockets were to do better or heck win a championship with any of those squads, they'd be some of the least talented teams to ever win a ring. It'd basically be another Dirk/Mavs type scenario... which worked because of (i) confusion about on court leadership in Miami, and (ii) Dirk playing insanely good.

Moreyball isn't perfect. We can all see areas for improvement. But it absolutely works. And it would destroy with better talent.

If you took the current Rockets, made CP3 three years younger, and added Paul George during his 2 month MVP stretch this year, then you'd have "close" to the same talent as the GSW... in which case, you'd see crazy ORtgs.

20. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

If that's the real reason, these people are a lot stupider than I thought, which would be fairly astounding. It's basically saying playing well is bad.

The reality is any team not using analytics is stupid. And why single out the Rockets? What led to the Red Sox's titles over the past decade or so, after many decades of futility? Analytics. From the GM. Are they hated for it? In fact, is any other team in any sport, including this one, hated for it? Everyone does it, at least everyone who isn't stupid. Here's another word for 'analytics'. Sound decision making. Is sound decision making really 'bad'? If so...why is it only bad when the Rockets do it?

I don't think it's Morey either. I'd be willing to bet that 90% of the people that hate the Rockets couldn't tell you who our GM is, what he's done, or how it has supposedly ruined the game.

Perhaps the best example was that announcer who went on the Harden/Rockets diatribe, and his partner, while seemingly agreeing with him, then did point out that the team playing the way he was espousing was down by 30 points. Meaning what they're really against is just the Rockets winning...without being able to explain 'why' at all. That's not 'analytics' or 'how the Rockets are changing the game'. it's just Rockets Bad.

JuanValdez likes this.