1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fix is in...Foster refs game 2

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by slpntz, Apr 30, 2019.

1. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

The Rockets Comeback in Game 6, who was on the Clippers - Chris Paul, Referee was Scott Foster

Chris Paul must be winless since Scott Foster has been in the NBA, Chris Paul brother was in the NCAA and had Scott Foster and been ejected since then Chris Paul has been enemies with Scott Foster.

BigShasta, BigMaloe and hakeem94 like this.
  2. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

This is what we get for whining after the game and then stupidly leaking that Game 7 analysis.

NBA paying is back for being too loud

3. EugeneK

EugeneK Member

Rockets Assemble!

bro2044 and htownrox1 like this.
  4. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I have never spoken with an nba ref. But I have talked to more than a few High school and AAU refs. They do take it personal when coaches, players, or opposing fans are harsh toward them. They will favor the opposing team out of spite.

I think that Warriors are not punished because:

A. They are the darlings of the nba, increased revenue ect.

B. The Rockets took their beef to the league office. The level of scrutiny that Morey has placed on the refs I believe has turned them all spiteful. It seemed to me that they were not missing those calls, they were purposely not calling them out of spite.

C. James Harden is public enemy #1. He said publicly that Foster should never ref another Rockets game. I know that their union reps took that personally. Foster is highly respected among his peers.

I’m not absolving the league office. I think it’s a coordinated effort between both parties.

5. smp

smp Member

That’s the WWE script. The hero starts off well, then gets in trouble like he’s going to lose, but pulls off the miracle comeback! Yay!!!! Everyone is so happy!!! Haha.

I really like basketball and have watched the Rockets since 93. I truly believed it is the most rigged of the major sports. The league has always given special treatment to their special stars in a way that is more blatant than any other sport. You can hammer EG but you can’t touch Curry. Harden gets calls all year and then nothing in the playoffs. Different rules for different players at different times vs different teams. It really is a **** show and if I wasn’t already a fan I wouldn’t watch it anymore.

DeadGato, slothy420, BigMaloe and 5 others like this.
  6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

We all know that the NBA was going to screw us anyway. We did the right thing by putting the spotlight on it.

7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Rockets won't lose this game due to officiating. I can almost guarantee it. Why? Because Silver and the refs are in damage control right now. I've done a LOT of homework on refs (specifically Foster). Search the old threads if you don't believe me. When you put Foster and Malloy together, you're putting two guys with home team winning % of at least 62% together to ref a game that's under a microscope by everyone--players, fans, media, etc. These guys have been "instructed" to call those fouls that were absent in Game 1 because what better way to show the world that the NBA isn't rigged or play favorites than to roll with two of the most notoriously home-bias refs in the league and see Houston tying this series up?

After that, unfortunately, is a crapshoot. The main goal is to deflect any heat or questions regarding fairness or fixing for at least one game to satisfy the media. Once that dies down, Silver and the nba refs will just let it play it out.

Btw, I'm betting either Curry or Thompson fouls out. It's true that Harden has fouled out a lot with Foster is officiating but Foster history shows he DGAF about who gets called for the foul, especially stars.

BigMaloe, Vivi, SamFisher and 2 others like this.
  8. mikeshinoda

mikeshinoda Member

i can see the league intentionally send him for G2 and eventually do a pretty darn good job, to shut everyone up. that's their strategy i can see it happen, just watch...

BigShasta and rocketman84 like this.
  9. FearTheBeardJH

It was decided before the series started. So yes, you are right.

10. CALI_MOST_WANTD

The NBA really dont want us to win

11. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Not sure if i want to laugh or cry at this...

But i kinda expect this to happen, one of the big 4 on the Warriors will be in foul trouble early, possibly fouled out by the end of the game, to show that the refs are not shy towards them or on their side, but at the same time the Warriors will get a call here and there to help them win in order to punish the Rockets organization.

If we're not able to go up big, we're not going to win this game i fear.

mikol13 likes this.
  13. vci_guy2003

vci_guy2003 Contributing Member

The line should move from -5.5 to about -10 now.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

This is in essence what @Os Trigonum was saying in his post earlier. I sure hope you guys are on the right side of things here. Definitely see the angle you guys are on but just way too much of what has happened just gives me the impression of the rockets getting the worst of it again.

harden/cp3 definitely had a well fck moment when they first saw that officials list. The guy they both hate the most and its well known publicly at this point.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  15. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I'd like to see a huge brawl break out and this game go to hell if the officiating sucks this game. It will be a huge blight on the NBA. It ends with Foster with a black eye and laid out. Several Rockets players suspended the rest of the series. Then, a huge controversy. lol

16. topfive

topfive CF OG

Daryl Morey is receiving a public spanking from Daddy NBA tonight.

mikol13 and Os Trigonum like this.
  17. JW86

JW86 Member

Wow this is just disgusting, so blatant!

18. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I think I will seal the rest of my fence. Not sure there is a point in watching this game now. Intentionally pissing myself off isn't good for my health.

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

We'll see. I just don't see this happening. The NBA suddenly calling those missed foul calls every time, or fouling Curry/Thompson out, or doing pretty much anything with a Houston slant will cause even more outrage. It'll let everybody know that if you just publically call out the league and the refs, you get what you want.

Obviously...it cannot possibly be a more unfair game than Sunday, so I expect it to be better, but just not by much. It'll still be a Warriors slanted game and the crowd will influence a lot of calls.

20. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Anything the front office can do? Just sit back and take it I guess?