1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets have been researching refs and how they are calling games

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Apr 28, 2019.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is wrong. You don't give up because you think it won't change. You need management to speak up about the issue because it is an issue, and we fall on the correct side of this issue.

Furthermore, when the management does this, it signals to the players that they are on the players' side and will stand up for their players. That can inspire the players to play harder, not focus on the officiating and instead on the parts of the game of which they have control and leave the focus on officiating to the management.

It also helps let potential free agents and Rockets that need to be re-signed know that Houston is a good organization that will fight for their players.

I'm not convinced that nothing will change, though it is possible and I believe probable. But even if it is certain that nothing will change, it still makes a difference and is the right thing to do.

clutchdabear, joshuaao, Vivi and 3 others like this.
  2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Ummmm u just sound like a harden hater. Literally all u do is hate on harden, u do know it's a team sport right. It's the Houston rockets, not just harden, that game plenty of blame to go around.

Deckard likes this.
  3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Don’t throw that racist or “beard” crap at me, dude. All I have to do is read your posts about this game. Saying you’re biased is better than saying you’re blind, isn’t it?

4. Bruce Bowen

Bruce Bowen Member

You may think it's easy to call something after watching multiple replays... you get a half a a second... and one guy is trying to deceive you..
    You have no idea what you're talking about... in that half a second you need to compute what you saw, or what you thought you saw... and then try and figure out if one players flopped..

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Why am I biased? Can you explain that? Am I a fake rocket fan? Do I not want Harden to succeed?

Is it that difficult for you to understand that I genuinely believe Harden's play style will never prosper in the playoffs?

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Oh, I think it's the right move. I totally agree. It's good for Morey to at least let Silver know what's going down and they're not going to accept it. Just because I don't think it'll end up mattering doesn't mean I don't support the move.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  7. marky :)

marky :) Member

Just ninja edited my post. Ahh contested. Nvm then. Not sure if this considers contested or not.

8. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Wrong answer. Bruce Troll was saying Harden caused the non-fouls. What would be the correct way for him to get his shot off, without creating those non-fouls?

9. Bruce Bowen

Bruce Bowen Member

A perfect example of a missed call was during the Final 4... the double dribble that wasn't called... you are watching up top to confirm if they are going to foul while a behind the back dribble occurs. You have no time to switch your view in a milisecond... they officials watching up top and missed the violation... plus the double dribbled behind him

10. Bruce Bowen

Bruce Bowen Member

No I didnt dummy... i said Harden is his own worst enemy by being known as a serial flopper

11. Voltik

Voltik Member

You won’t acknowledge that it isn’t just Harden, there are other 4 players on the court along with coaches and management that dictate how the Rockets play. You ignore facts just to hate on one guy who doesn’t deserve any hate this year.

I have t had a avatar ever, and I just couldn’t help but support him this year with all the bias out there. He’s been otherworldly this year and he’s just having an off night due to primarily reffing and to a much lesser extent coaching. I can’t blame Harden for Game 1 but you apparently are not a Rockets fan and just spew hatred.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Now I think you’re having a hard time reading my posts. You’re making it difficult to not just skim past your posts. Why? Because you aren’t making sense. Not once, but multiple times. I’m trying to be polite, but you’re making it difficult.

jordnnnn likes this.
  13. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Dude put me on your ignore list and I'll meet you in Heaven. ttyl!

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

STOP ANALYZING THE REFS AND START PAYING THEM! DAMN IT TILMAN YOU SO CHEAP!

15. Voltik

Voltik Member

That misnomer was a long, long time ago even if it was true. That bias along with defense has stuck him more than he deserves. While other superstars get away with just as much or more without repercussions such as Curry, Durant, Lebron, and many others.

16. Bruce Bowen

Bruce Bowen Member

Need a tissue?

17. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

seriously could you imagine what people would do with that data? I mean the fact that the league will not give teams reports on any game and just the ones they participated in tells you a lot.

I mean JVG was right there are 3 teams on the floor - the home team, visiting team and the refs. You cannot scout for one of those teams, but you could with these reports.

I think any bias' whether its done knowingly or not would be super apparent or it may expose a ton of inconsistencies that can't just be attributed to "human nature"

Easy, Deckard, joshuaao and 1 other person like this.
  18. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

One thing personally that would be interesting to see is which teams over a course of a regular season or playoffs (the NBA does have this data going back what 3 years at least) have an advantage.

Do certain teams get a bump in the playoffs or lose an edge?

Ideally you would want each team to average plus or minus 2 for the season so if a team is a plus 7 on average for the season that would be crazy and would lead me to believe its more of a league mandate versus individual referees having an impact.

damn I REALLY wish the league released that data now.

clutchdabear likes this.
  19. YaoMingsSoulja

someone pull out the worlds smallest violin and play the sad song for these Clutchfans.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. biff17

biff17 Member

Dude did Harden take your girl?

Who cares about neutral arbiters?

All superstars get could called, look at FT attempts by Kobe, Lebron, Jordan and Durant, Harden is not heavily dependent on getting could called as shown by the fact that he would have led the league in scoring if FT were not counted.

I noticed you have been pretty quiet most of the year, now you seem to show up in every thread, why is that?