1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

if Hardeb showed up W

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ClearLakeTX, Apr 28, 2019.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Harden 35 pts
    Capele "i want gsw" 4 pts
    Tucker 0 pts

Harden bpm +3
    Capela -17
    Cp3 -7
    Ego -5

Yeah its hardens fault LOL

Voltik, B-Bob, RichieBanks and 5 others like this.
  2. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I don't see any way we win this series Warriors offensive efficiency plus now they are getting away with contact on shooters. We know about the moving screens we have to deal with and Rockets have been struggling shooting the ball for a while now.

Tfor3 likes this.
  3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Just have to say...why does Clint disappear when we play the Warriors? Afreakinggain? He literally becomes invisible. It’s freaking terrible. Clint needs to grow a pair or become more consistent. I never want to see another game like that.

Houstunna, vlaurelio and Stormy1234 like this.
  4. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

I big hardeb fan

biff17 likes this.
  5. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

You a band wagon fan !

Everyone know rockets gonna turn every game into a clown show dating back to the cp3 rondo fight in the Lakers game.

6. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

We literally saw 4 cases of Klay Thompson under cutting him on three pointers and one of Draymond Green doing the same. That doesn't count the fouls that weren't called when he drove to the basket. It's not hard to see how he could have been 50% from the field and/or gotten to the line another 10+ times. Harden played a hell of a game. This isn't on him.

7. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

Harden can be that beast!! I’m not saying he can’t, he just has to Euro step sometimes, drive finish hard without looking for a foul, move catch shoot the three.

He’s a top notch athlete he can do it. He has to come out on killer mode.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  8. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

Harden took 28 shots, capela took 2 that’s part of the problem

deb4rockets likes this.
  9. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

I know the refs were trash but we could’ve beat these guys easy with bad refs really sent a message!!! then try to go up 2-0 you have to have that killer. Don’t claim run it back all season!!!

Show me something, good or bad I’m back in this thread Tuesday!

Stormy1234 likes this.
  10. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Harden should've played better, but if he'd made more shots, refs would likely call (or not call) more bullsh1t.

#50 Houstunna, Apr 28, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    Stormy1234 likes this.
  11. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Did harden have a bad game, yes but at the same time guys have to understand being that physical and not getting fouled on obvious ones it'll really **** with the players heads and could alter the flow of the game, the confidence will definitely go down.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  12. Texanstradamus

He has been shooting 35% in the playoffs that’s like 10% worse than the regular season

13. Mr. Space City

Plus he had a heave at the end of a quarter and a couple possessions where cp3 and Gordon did nothing for 20 seconds and passed it to harden to heave something at the end of the shot clock.

B-Bob and Reeko like this.
  14. biff17

biff17 Member

Durant does not have those games because he has played with at least 1all-star his entire career.

He is currently playing with 4 so he has 3 other guys who command attention, who else commands attention on the rockets.

Name any other guy that has demanded attention his entire 7 years in the playoffs?

Do you even basketball bro?

B-Bob and sotelo1111 like this.
  15. GMNot

GMNot Member

Most of the time my vision impairment is annoying. For a game like this it can help me try to convince myself that what I think I'm seeing, I'm really not seeing. :(

I've been thinking about posting for quite q while but the vision thing IS just too annoying; and besides, my comments won't change anything. But I just wanted to post after today's loss.

There are good points made in this thread. I'll try to flesh them out according to my own thinking.

In a close game of one or two possessions, you can literally pick any mistake in the game, any poor shot, any missed defensive assignment, or any bad call, etc. and say if only that had gone right,the Rockets win this game. That's what makes losing a close game so painful.

I have been skeptical (and critical) in the past of what is collectively the Morey//D'Antoni "system" because I've never thought the team was comprised of the personnel for that system to really work. I would say that this year the personnel may be the closest it's ever been to being able to make that system successful.

The flies in the ointment, IMO, are mostly twofold: 1) All athletes are subject to mental and emotional stress due to the environment and stage they are on, and 2) everyone agrees that playoff BB is just different from regular season BB.

Players play with more intensity during the playoffs. They would not be able to sustain that same level of intensity over a whole season. But because every game can be looked at as though it is a game 7, everything gets ratcheded up, including the nerves of the players. I feel that is why the general observation about both teams performance in Game 1 was that neither team played particularly well.

Harden scored 35, but missed a lot to begin with, which seemed to affect everyone else's shot. No one could hit a 3 in the first quarter. And because the game is very much affected by mental forces, that can start compounding on itself as the game goes on. That is why the "system" the Rockets play can become "skewed" by defense that increases in intensity in the playoffs. That is why I think the games 3-5 were much closer in the Utah series.

I watched some of the comments by the\Warrior players after their win over the Clippers on Friday night. I noticed that they really weren't smiling. You wouldn't have thought they had closed out the series. I got the sense that they knew how close they came to losing the series to the Rockets last year and they couldn't get past that to enjoy their victory over the Clippers. They already had their game 7 faces on. They played defense today like it was a game 7. Going back to previous series with the Warriors, and, in fact, in any game where the opposing teams play the Rockets on the 3--point line like the Warriors did today, almost all of the Rockets players struggled with making 3's. That is the most glaring flaw in the theory of the "efficiency" of the Rockets "system."

It looked to me like the Warriors played the guards a couple of feet further back of the 3--point line, and doubled (and sometimes showed triple) on Harden and Paul quite quickly. It made driving to the basket much harder and passing out of the defense harder, too.

I think the way the Rockets need to counter that defense is to alter their view of efficient play, quit walking the ball up the court using valuable time during the possession and make driving into the pain the priority for more possessions. Then the 3--point shots, will hopefully be more wide open (even if only for half to 1 second more). That is actually what the system preaches: take what the defense gives you That means don't walk the ball up, start your drive to the basket once you cross the mid-court line, if at all possible.

I suppose that the Rockets thought they should slow the pace down since they were shooting so poorly from the 3-point line, just so rebounds off missed shots wouldn't lead to fast-break points.

And turnovers. Minimize them.

The one player who should have not said anything about this series before it started is Capela. Let your playing speak for you. That way if you don't play well you won't look like a fool.

BeBreezy and Little Bit like this.
  16. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

It's hard to take more than two shots when you can't hold onto the ball most of the time because of butter fingers.

17. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Capela borrowed Omer Asik’s hands for the past couple games. Why Clint? WHY!?

18. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

The scary thing though is that landing under a offensive players space, and I'm not talking about the ones where it wasn't correct- ie you think he was selling contact, but the blatant fouls can be dangerous, doing that move to Curry would be a series changer, I'm not suggesting hurting a player (nor condoning it), but when Harden's taking a legit shot and the defense knows they can land in his space or hit him and there's no repercussions it doesn't matter. I mean the Rockets have to make 3s to have a chance but I can also understand being worried about having your ankle broken (and I'm not talking about the plays where it was questionable, but the blatant ones).

Also, while Gobert is not exactly on the Rockets side completely it's a huge issue with this league when owners/gms and now players From other teams are asking the same questions. GSWs are stacked and without heavy help from the refs it would have been the Rockets winning. This situation the league is in is finally going to get worse and it'll most likely be another Tim Donaghy situation that comes out.

Someone should go back and count what they think should be offensive fouls on either team and then look at the ones that could have been flagrant, because I guarantee doing this to curry would be a foul, and even a flagrant one at that.

So let's say harden, who was shooting great in the regular season from 3, switches to a mid game / more pnr. It won't matter, the way this team is they need their 3s and hitting/landing under a player in some of these key circumstances can be a huge swing in momentum and points, there's got to be a psychological factor knowing that when you land a defensive players feet are going to be under you. I guess what I'm saying is the GSWs don't need this help and if they're going to result to this bullshit again, they might as well let everyone do whatever they want. No fouls on either side would actually make things a lot better, because then curry and Klay wouldn't be shooting 3s either (especially if a defenders feet are under them).

Again, I'm not condoning a player getting hurt (so obviously I don't want GSWs players to be hurt), but if they keep doing it to Harden it can be dangerous. This supposedly is the playoffs but they sure as hell aren't calling it correctly on both sides of the court.

19. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Another example is Curry having some rough games and the media not even giving a ****. It must be nice... In addition to having 3 zebras. There was blatant foul I'm pretty sure Curry committed that would've been his 6th, oh well. At least players/gms/owners (from other teams)and a few media are finally b****ing too

20. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Harden doesn't even need to elevate his game in the playoffs...just play the same way he does in the regular season, but he never does. I think we'll beat the warriors, but it looks ugly post season after post season watching him struggle.