1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nick Wright Predicts Warriors Loss to Rockets in Second Round, Like 2003 Lakers Loss to Spurs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

2. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

First :eek::rolleyes:;)

Go Rockets!

Killatron 2000, whiskeyred and D-rock like this.
  3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Let's win game 2 first. PLEASE!

4. Mastro

Mastro Member

I think he stopped short of an outright prediction. The warriors IMHO look like a team that is trying to convince themselves and the world that they still have an edge, but they dont. I hate to watch their games because its over the top how they are screaming and pounding their chests all the time. To me it reeks of insecurity. They lost the edge and they know it. They are trying anything/everything to regain it.

Sad part is that they are so talented that they might not need an edge.

5. Newlin

Newlin Member

Is Nick Wright the same guy that said Markieff Morris was coming to the Rockets?

Theking, rocketman84 and hakeem94 like this.
  6. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

thats nice and all but the Rockets need to win 3 more games before any talk of what they may do in the second round. They lost game 2 last year to the Jazz as well.

lilbird20, MistaK, ak99999 and 7 others like this.
  7. rocks123

rocks123 Member

these analysts disrespecting both jazz and clippers. :eek:o_O

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Awesome to see Montrezl and Beverley, two former Rockets with a lot of heart, being in all of the media clips about this game.

It also still kinda hurts that we were missing Bev a few years ago in the Rox-Warriors series.

BigShasta likes this.
  9. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

I'm sure the Worriers know in the back of their heads they have been playing with "house money" since they beat the Rockets as a direct result of CP3 going down last playoffs. Rockets have had their number since early last season and nothing has changed.

Worriers can only hope another key injury happens to the Rockets because they know the Rockets had them beat last year and will beat them this year in accordance to the natural order of things.

By the way...with or without Boogie.

10. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

The Rockets are licking their chops

11. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Rockets won in 5. soooooooo............

Lawlruschang likes this.
  12. PhiSlammaJamma

He's from Houston right? I like him. I believe he tells the truth. But he comes with that.

D-rock likes this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

this series against Utah is already over

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

15. Voltik

Voltik Member

How does Nick Wright still have a job after backing the Rockets and Harden for this long? I thought he’d be Ned Stark’ed by the Lannisters (rest of media).

16. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

It’s the combo of backing the rockets and hating on the warriors at the same time. It’s my favorite combo!

D-rock likes this.
  17. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Watching Nick Wright talk about how well the Rockets will do is like watching professional p*rn. It's great, but I have little confidence that real life will get anywhere near it.

18. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

KD's unwillingness to commit to Warriors after this season and budding heads with Draymond may have something to do with it. His reactions to the media since his trade to the Warriors shows he's an emotional player and may also hold grudges. BUT, Warriors are still a very talented team and I feel that it will be up to Kerr to lead this team.

19. jowman

jowman Member

One of the best in the media. He’s willing to go against the accepted narrative, not in a crazy attention seeking way but offers rational explanations and analysis and is as honest as he can get about the warriors being cowards and their rings not meaning much without getting fired.

He’s also one of the biggest supporters of lebron which may partially explain why he can be objective about the cheating warriors since they had to form a super team to beat him and yet both curry and Durant claim be the best since they got rings. Seriously kD is one of the biggest beta b****es around. Hope Beverly breaks his will and some other body parts

D-rock and clutchdabear like this.
  20. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

https://www.theringer.com/the-bill-...ors-omens-and-trevor-noahs-first-bs-interview

I enjoyed this podcast a lot. Bill Simmons and Kevin O'Connor both have Houston as a favorite to beat GSW in the second round (some good banter on a hypothetical GSW-HOU matchup, chemistry issues in Oakland, and then they both predict Houston by 0:21:00). Also Trevor Noah gave a great interview, even if he is a bandwagon sports fan in general. I mean, who wouldn't be, I would be a bandwagon fan too if I were an international citizen flying first class around the world as often as he does!