1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 4/9/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 8, 2019.

1. MystikArkitect

It’s fitting the Rockets blow a big lead to secure the 2 seed only to drop to the 4 seed.

2. amaru

amaru Member

I think he's replaceable. Unfortunately as he comes off the books the other salaries go up. Frankly, Gordon just isn't consistent enough.

ballsohard likes this.
  3. riko

riko Member

And you have a great rebounder on the bench called Faried and he gets ZERO minutes. Go figure

hakeem94 and amaru like this.
  4. Mr. Space City

Look what happened when role players step up in big moments

5. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

This one hurt. A few concerns coming out of this one:

- House. Cannot miss as many wide open looks as he did.
    - Nene in 12 mins felt like a liability. It's a small sample, but I am not sure that Faried would not have been better for us tonight as a smaller mismatch vs. OKC
    - 4th quarter play was poor all around. We were up 15 and blew the game - no two ways around it.

Lots of positives. CP3 played great aside from a few turnovers. Green was on fire. Harden played well for much of the game.

Thunder will be a tough matchup in the playoffs, but the timberwolves were tough last season so can't really complain. Homecourt advantage, better coaching decisions, and less choking in the fourth and we should be able to take series in 6.

6. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

I was ready to buy an Alex Caruso Jersey if they held on smgdh knew it was too good to be true

Hello 4th seed

7. Ryan_Success

Ryan_Success Member

But WE still have to beat the best, so that statement is true. Warriors don’t need to be tested because of their accumulation of talent. Rockets however can use a matchup versus OKC as a tune up against a unfavorable matchup. Putting all the eggs in the luck basket will almost always end in disappointment when considering Houston sports.

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I'm rooting for the 4th seed

9. riko

riko Member

I love Nene but the guy is clearly done.

10. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Of course Portland pulled it out....

WHY COULDNT WE HAVE JUST WON THIS GDM game..... dammit. It was right there, all we had to do was not be a bung of ice-cold morons for the final quarter, but instead that's exactly what we did.

hakeem94 and amaru like this.
  11. amaru

amaru Member

The Rockets have nobody to blame for that but themselves. They assisted Denver with their plan.

Nook likes this.
  12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Blazers won it's likely. The Denver bullshit worked.. Rockets should be ashamed. Karma doesn't work on nobody but the Rockets..

Gray_Jay, hakeem94 and amaru like this.
  13. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

Disagree, I get it you have to work hard to win championships no matter how you set your team up seeding wise. That said that is Houstons biggest problem. They were outworked and because of size and athleticism it slows down Houston offensively and exposes the Rockets weaknesses.

14. riko

riko Member

Who won their head to head matchups this season?

15. amaru

amaru Member

Yea, I didn't see Rondo on the court in those closing moments so I knew the Lakers were done. IDK who that even was on that last drive for them but he's not getting a whistle in crunch time.

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

Well, tbh i never expected him to be some sort of leader or cornerstone kind of player, and i mean, he's a 26/28th pick in the draft, i'm more than ok with how he tirned out to be all things considered.

17. BleedsRocketRed

Man, this game hurts pretty bad. I tried to step away and just take a few deep breaths but its just so God damn infuriating on how Jekyle and Hyde this team can be. Hell, its like right below game 7 WCF last year level frustration

This team. When it just comes to big moments and clinching something major, we always fold like wet paper. Not a good look for James. Once again when the game gets tight he falls under the pressure. Didn't make a single FG the entire 4th Q.

This season has just been an absolute mind **** all year. Ugh.

bro2044 and hakeem94 like this.
  18. TheresTheDagger

For a franchise with this much success getting to the playoffs, the Rockets sure seem to find a way to make the losses hurt as bad as possible.

19. bro2044

bro2044 Member

So your points do not NEGATE that it was a choke. Harden is amazing, not disputing that. Yes the other players were pathetic. This is not an either/or situation, all the above can be true. We were up 2 and 3 solidifies that OKC doesnt win on their last possession with a 3.

Missing it was a choke. Stop fighting it so hard. Harden can be amazing and choke in an instance as well. The other players can suck, he can fail, and we can still not deserve him.

20. macan

macan Member

i believe denver won the tie breaker over por.