1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steph Curry has been playing with blurry vision...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BeBreezy, Apr 4, 2019.

1. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

All the more reason one can ask "how in the hell was this not corrected earlier?"

I suspect perhaps because there weren't contacts that could? Even regular astigmatism is something that contacts only recently corrected--you have to get the contact to sit at exactly the correct point (they're round...they could go on at any angle). I wore contacts for a couple decades and they never did correct my astigmatism, although new ones do now. So, I suspect that it was only recently they had contacts that did this, and he didn't want to play with glasses.

2. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Contacts to correct keratoconus have been around for decades. But of course, as you've experienced, lens designs continue to improve and be available to more prescriptions and eye shapes. I think Curry was just overlooked.

3. BuckeyeRocketFan

BuckeyeRocketFan Contributing Member

If they didn’t have an option until recently and you only go to eye doctor once every couple of years, it makes perfect sense why he waited.

If this makes him even 2% more accurate or better, it could be difference between rockets knocking them out and GS a winning it all again. I think the two teams are that close.

4. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

You might not be familiar with keratoconus then if you think this isn't news. You can't compare vision distortion/loss to dyslexia and ADHD in regards to basketball. I have keratoconus. Without the gas permeable contact lenses he has, he hasn't only been playing with blurry vision, but everything is distorted. All of the lights in the stadiums and camera flashes make it worse due to light sensitivity. One light is like a bouquet of lights so I can imagine that all the lights during games (without contacts) are in his way every time he shoots the ball. With the contacts it is like a whole new world. He'll shoot even better than before, and this explains why he's had issues with turning the ball over.

5. BasketballMind

An eye doctor would have to notice something's wrong and refer a patient to an ophthalmologist. They should know when patients have keratoconus because the corneal is cone shaped, and you can see the cornea bulging out from the side.

The contacts that have been out for a while are the gas permeable lenses. They're hard, almost like glass, and they're uncomfortable to wear. The contacts Curry probably has are the newer, larger ones that are less likely to pop out during games.

Keratoconus is progressive so he might not have paid too much attention until he noticed his vision and distortion getting worse over time.

6. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Dude. I have keratoconus and dyslexia. I think we'll both be fine.

He turns the ball over because of the speed of play and in general he can get sloppy.

Nook likes this.
  7. BasketballMind

Never said that I wouldn't be fine or anyone with keratoconus. I'm great. But with you comparing kc/dislexia/adhd and supposedly having kc, your post doesnt make sense. Keratoconus is a physical disability. The other two you mentioned aren't.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I still have mine. Doctors are shocked that I'm still alive!

daywalker02, BeBreezy and juanm34 like this.
  9. amaru

amaru Member

I have the same thing....plus myopia. I've been on multiple Army ranges without my glasses and still hit 30 out of 40 targets. Hell one time I shot in a damn gas mask and still hit 60% of the targets without glasses.

Yawn.

King1, Nook and Pizza_Da_Hut like this.
  10. RetroRockets

RetroRockets Member

never seen a team that is as thirsty for media attention than this warriors team. Im trying to think back, but the only team that comes to mind is the 2012-2015 seattle seahawks in the nfl. The media is even tired of these guys, espn didnt even report this story lol.

11. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Cool, but news or even semi important news it is not. Heck, I would venture ADHD could cause a number of issues on the court as well, leading to concentration issues and turnovers. Maybe that's why Steph turns the ball over a lot.

Nook likes this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

Stop being so dramatic.
    I have the same exact condition Curry has.

King1 and Pizza_Da_Hut like this.
  13. jowman

jowman Member

Hope his eye is messed up during the playoffs. Who really cares about playing them at full strength, not like we are getting a pass for missing CP3 last year.

Nook and Pizza_Da_Hut like this.
  14. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Exactly, this sounds like such horseshit to me. Like this fool has never been to a ****ing eye doctor before, FOH.

Nook, daywalker02 and Pizza_Da_Hut like this.
  15. BasketballMind

Kudos to you. The man said this isn't news so if I'm being dramatic for raising awareness for keratoconus then so be it. He said he has kc and this isn't news. Doesn't make sense. I have keratoconus as well, and have had corneal transplants for both eyes. And as i dramatically said before, kc is completely different than someone having dyslexia and adhd. Especially in regards to basketball.

16. BasketballMind

Tell your b**** to stop being dramatic. You have kc but a lot of people don't and have no clue as to what it is or how it affects people.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

As if he needed excuses for failures.

This sounds like one.

Never failed that much though.

seclusion likes this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

Tell my b**** to stop being dramatic? I just did, you my b**** - stop being dramatic.

Little Bit and Pizza_Da_Hut like this.
  19. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I don’t care what Stephanie has!!

Curry SUCKS!!!
    WarLadys SUCK!!!

Nuff said....

Go Rockets !!!

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Nook and seclusion like this.