1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Im Serious] Let’s crown the Greek Freak already, it’s time to move on...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BHannes2BHonest, Apr 3, 2019.

?

Would you rather ....

Poll closed Apr 10, 2019.
  1. Have Harden win a 2nd MVP

9.9%
  2. Get past the Bay Area Crybabies and win the whole thing

90.1%
  1. Bearded13

Bearded13 Member

Looking like Giannis will win easily, every so-called "expert" in the media is basically picking Giannis:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26415151/nba-mvp-debate-how-decide-giannis-harden

Last year all the stars aligned for Harden to win MVP: best stats + best record + all other MVP candidates (Kirye, Lebron, Kawhi, Davis, etc.) either got injured or self-destructed (Lebron). Voters were FORCED to vote for Harden, against their own will and desire (i assume they would have their votes revoked by the NBA), and until the end some (15 voters) still voted Lebron for MVP. This year they have a good excuse not to vote for Harden, and they will make sure to use it.

Btw, if i'm Harden, even though he looks like a non-petty person, I'm writing down the list of all the voters who will not vote for him this year and boycott them (not giving them interviews and such) and their network. Do like Kawhi does and pretend they dont exist, you already have your guaranteed NBA money and other sponsors. No need to make ESPN life easier by giving them interviews.

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  2. omgTHEpotential

I agree Harden deserves it, but let's not act like it isn't even close. Giannis is having an amazing season on both ends.

3. rocks123

rocks123 Member

im not a bucks fan so why should i give giannis the crown if harden got a legit chance of winning it too? if we can sway the voters opinions towards harden why not? its not like we could affect the refs or how other teams will play the rockets in the play offs. im gonna retweet and like all of hardens crazy stat this season.

4. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

Why not both. He deserves the MVP

D-rock likes this.
  5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I think Giannis has it in the bag. It sounds like the voters are looking for any reason to pick him over Harden. The two primary reasons are that Giannis plays at both ends and that the Bucks have the best record in the NBA. With regard to the former argument, Harden plays at both ends too and is relied on far more to score and create for his team. As far as the latter, the Bucks haven't had to deal with the rash of injuries the Rockets have and play in a joke of a conference with 3 openly tanking teams(Knicks, Cavs, Bulls) vs the West which has only the Suns. Not to mention that the Rockets have a legit shot at finishing with the #2 seed and 4th best overall record in the NBA.

And one other factor that very few media members will admit to is that they prefer to give it to someone new. It usually takes a compelling case for a back-to-back MVP. Nash led an Amare-less Suns team to a great record, Curry's Warriors won 73 games, and LeBron's 2nd straight MVP awards on both occasions occurred when his Cavs and Heat teams each had the best record in the league. Hard to deny any of them under those circumstances.

6. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Win the whole thing and let Harden win the finals MVP.

7. Handles

Handles Member

Harden shoulda signed with Nike. He’d be 3x MVP, champion last year, and super popular. <— my favorite conspiracy theory. Nike would be the type of company to pay off media/NBA to influence consumers.

But on the real, why not both? These things aren’t exclusive.

D-rock likes this.
  8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

[​IMG]

Rocket River

DreamShook, VivaChelseaFC and s3ts like this.
  9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

topfive likes this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

harden and the brick freak shouldn't even be in the same passage let alone sentence.. you should be ashamed of yourself

11. omgTHEpotential

Well, are you saying Giannis is not a top10 NBA player? Because that's what it sounds like when you say they shouldn't even be in the 'same passage'. Heck, it sounds like you're saying Giannis is not even a top25 player. Maybe I'm reading into it too much :)

12. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Actually I like that Giannis will win. Hopefully it will put a chip on Harden's shoulder, and we can see a Harden/Giannis finals match where Harden shows who the real MVP is like Olajuwon did to Robinson.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Y'all say this every time Harden loses the MVP.

Harden wants to win a ring regardless if he wins or not. It is irrelevant towards that. It's dumb that is not rewarded for what he's done in his career time and time again.

D-rock and Handles like this.
  14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

When will we know who the winner is? I know its not officially announced until after the playoffs.

15. s3ts

s3ts Member

Thats right on the money. Reanimated Madara is unstoppable. And Lee at that age ain't ****. Gotta wait until he gets the ability to open 8 gates.

Rocket River likes this.
  16. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

After the season, it'll be officially announced at that stupid awards ceremony. But if enough voters make their choice known publicly beforehand, an unofficial tally can be taken and used to determine who will win.

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

18. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

I've been paying close attention to the MVP race since the All Star break and the Rockets are like 18-4 in that time. Whatever I'm doing is working.

D-rock, Jake Tower and J Sizzle like this.
  19. Jontro

Jontro Member

if i could only pick one, i would pick both.

D-rock likes this.
  20. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

I want the Rockets hoisting the trophy at the end of the NBA Finals.

That's all that has ever mattered.

YOLO likes this.