1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MVP Shouldn’t Even be a Discussion

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Reeko, Mar 1, 2019.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Because of Coach Bud's layups and 3s system not because of Giannis 2 pts and 1rb improvement from last year.

2. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

And like I said before play the gauntlet west schedule then see what your record is like. Go on an extended road trip against 50+ wins teams and see if it’s the same.

Lot different playing tough games b2b instead of playing the Cavs, Knicks, bulls, wiz, etc and beating them easily.

Draymond and Cousins missed bucks game.

CP and Gordon missed the bucks game.

Lots of a factors go into winning a few games here and there. Play them 4 times each see if you have the same percentages.

Would you pick the bucks to win the championship? I don’t even pick them to win the East.

The Rockets are also 6-2 vs top 2 seeds in west while missing key players in each game..

I was never a big Harden fan but what he has done this year is beyond amazing, just have to appreciate greatness. Rockets really should just sit everyone down the stretch and let Harden score 60 a night so he can beat MJ and they would have to give him the MVP. Like the one year David Robinson won scoring title by scoring like 71 in last game.

#542 RHU525, Mar 31, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
  3. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

With LeBron in the west and harden still getting those points, you gotta see that harden is mvp!

Only thing nay Sayers might be able to say is how harden disappeared during the all Star game?

If curry is not in the building, then harden is mvp.

If LeBron not in the building, then harden mvp.

If jokic is in the building, harden is gonna struggle to get 30. #FACTS

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

wow long time no see budy?!

5. _Numberfifty

_Numberfifty Member

1st player to score 30+ points against every team [in the same season]. A-Mazing

6. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

I told everybody rockets last 15 games only feature maybe 4 playoff teams.

Capaela is the one who should try to get 40 over the last of this stretch if the schedule!

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You can make a case for either - it's really subjective as the data is pretty strong for both.

I think Giannis will win it

8. the shark

the shark Member

The MVP isn't a vote of public opinion.
    There are people who have been selected who cast a vote. You know how their vote might be changed (or to persuade their vote)? Through a DISCUSSION!!!

There's all types of people out there in the media (people who cover the sport) whether it be former players, current players, writers, talk shows, etc with different opinions on who they think the MVP should be.

However some of you are suggesting that there can't even be a DISCUSSION.

Without a DISCUSSION, voters who are leaning towards someone else besides Harden, can't be persuaded to change (or to see why Harden should receive their vote).

J Sizzle likes this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

(Yannis #1)

10. macan

macan Member

unless Harden score 82 points in one of these games, media suckers gonna vote for giantanus

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

media making me root for Giannis and his team’s demise like I did previously with Curry and Westbrook

I wonder who it will be next season when Harden finishes 2nd? Embiid?

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This is not a good argument.

This is like saying Harden shouldn't have won MVP last year after his 1 point improvement and less assists because we added Chris Paul. Or that he shouldn't have won over Westbrook because we added D'Antoni. Obviously both of those times, he should have won MVP.

Most MVP candidates will have advantageous coaching situations.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

It is for me because I in the camp that voted awards are useless. I could care less if Harden wins or loses because biased voters are involved. MVP is a useless award. I prefer the scoring champ, assist champ, steals, blocks, etc... awards where numbers decide not biased voters. So for me it's a great argument because it proves how stupid the Giannis hype train is and proves once again that biased media creates narratives so they can fill a season's long of horrible talkshows because well... what else are they going to do?

J Sizzle likes this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden gotta break MJ’s 37.1 ppg average while the Rockets get the 2 seed...this is what it’s come to

get to that OKC game needing a manegable amount of points in order to pass MJ (45 or less), and then do it on national TV as the Rockets secure the 2 seed...it’s his only chance since the media keeps pretending that Giannis has an actual case over him

joshuaao, hakeem94 and BigShasta like this.
  16. s3ts

s3ts Member

First off, Bucks are not the best team in the NBA. Mark my words, the playoffs will definitely expose this team.

Going back to why they have the best record in the NBA, I'd say it is mostly because of their improvements on defense.

Giannis last season was 41st in rank of Defensive WS. Today, he is 1st. But look at his teammates, 4 other Bucks are top 20 in defensive WS in the league today when none of them were ranked top-100 last season.

Giannis made them better defensively, sure. But coaching absolutely is a huge impact, and these other role players are not getting their due credit for responding well to the coaching and franchise player.

hakeem94, BigShasta and vlaurelio like this.
  17. s3ts

s3ts Member

Buck the ****s

18. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

Things Harden need to do in order for him to have a chance to win the MVP this year:
    1.Break MJ's 37.1 ppg record, which requires Harden to average 47.6 in the rest 5 games.
    2.Break Curry's 402 3 pointers record, which requires Harden to average 10 threes per game.
    3.Clinch the 2nd seed in front of the national TV audiences by scoring more than 60, preferably 70 with a buzzer beating game winner.

The media will then become really series on his MVP candidacy, otherwise he will very little chance to win.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. s3ts

s3ts Member

Rockets org posted Harden's case for MVP.

Deuce likes this.
  20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Heres those numbers for last couple years.

Harden, 2015, holy moly

Deuce likes this.