1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MVP Shouldn’t Even be a Discussion

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Reeko, Mar 1, 2019.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

No discussion. bspn is airing a vagiannis special interview right now.

slothy420 likes this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

y’all said the same thing in 2015 and 2017...I hope he gets what he deserves which is the MVP

How are u gonna be compared to MJ and Wilt every day but lose the award to Giannis? That’s a travesty of the highest order.

BigMaloe, slothy420 and J Sizzle like this.
  3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Anti Harden bias when he is taking the most fts in the league by a mile? Really?

What you pointed is an example of a wrong call. It happens refs are humans. You need more evidence to prove refs hate Harden because he on average takes more fts than anybody else. If refs hate him how does that happen?

As for the refs not calling the ticky tack fouls its called playoff basketball, the refs were letting them play. You can keep whining about the non call but if you look at the evidence, Houston took 7 fts vs Bucks 13. There is no "favoritism" or anti Harden evidence to be found refs called it even for both teams.

Harden and the Rox need to adjust to this type of environment instead of curling up and dying.

durvasa likes this.
  4. Mr. Space City

Harden leads the league in free throws because he draws so many obvious fouls the refs are forced to call them. Harden actually doesn’t get as many foul calls as he should get.

If the refs kept letting those obvious fouls go it would be too blatant so these anti-harden reffed games usually happen in big games.

Pulling up free throw totals is a tactic people who don’t watch games use, especially when refs start giving the jobbed team free throw towards the end of the game when it’s already over to make the free throw disparity look good to people who didn’t watch the game.

The refs weren’t letting **** play. They kept calling bs loose ball fouls on the rockets. That’s not letting them play.

s3ts and pippendagimp like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Similarly to Meryl Streep, you get nominated a lot but can only win so much.

For every win the next one is tougher to get.

And for Harden it's 2x harder than for Meryl.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

If they kept doing that how come Bucks only took 13 fts the entire game? How many "BS" fouls did the refs give the Bucks when they took all of 5 more fts than the Rox? Based on your logic since the refs hate Harden so much they shouldnt give him even 1 ft and all the opponents should be getting a ft every time Harden sneezes.

Oh right but I dont watch the games, I didnt see where the refs awarded the Bucks 300 fts and then subtracted them all just to give them 13 fts total by the 4rth Q.

Sorry to say but the facts don't fit your conspiracy theory. You need evidence to support your claims and you have none.

7. Mr. Space City

My sig supports my claims

8. split41

split41 Member

It's over. Everyone including fans are pushing Giannis so hard for MVP. Harden could average 50 for a season it seems and they won't give it to him.

Lol, I mean some people thought it was a close race between him and LeBron last year. If it wasn't Giannis, it'd be Jokic they would push.

Dude just doesn't have the popularity, which is what the MVP race comes down to.

J Sizzle likes this.
  9. roslolian

roslolian Member

1 missed call doesnt mean anything. If you think the refs have some agenda why do you even watch basketball? If its all rigged just watch something else then since you think the outcome is fixed.

Rox total fouls: 15
    Bucks total fouls: 11

Yep major bias there :rolleyes:

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Shooting 11% from 3 in a big game hurt his own chances so bad.

Harden knew the stakes he should have done something.

11. Mr. Space City

i watch what I want to want.

Are you goin to stop me from watching my rockets?

12. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

damn near everyone pro-Harden doesn’t have a vote like in 2017

Jalen has a vote and is pro-Harden. I can’t even think of anyone else off the top of my head.

J Sizzle, Deuce and mikol13 like this.
  14. smp

smp Member

At least he had his shot to make a statement. If he had gone out there and tore up the Bucks I think he would win the MVP. I believe he lost voters that were on the fence about which way to go. There's no way he's winning it now.

The focus can go back to the real goal. Play like MJ and Kobe in the playoffs and will your team to a championship. That's where player legacy is created. That's what people remember 20 years later.

15. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Her opinion matters zero, but still funny how certain media people despise Harden and use their platform to talk ****.

Cari Champion on ESPN doing the Rockets highlights...”and here we have James doing something I have never seen before...playing defense”

Then they pivot to bring Wilbon on to discuss MVP. When he says he’s leaning Harden she just about loses it and tries to make him say Giannis is more valuable.

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

Wilbon leaning Harden? So we got Jalen, Bucher, and Wilbon on Team Harden.

Deuce likes this.
  17. supastevefoo

supastevefoo Member

odds are dropping for harden...

G.Antetokounmpo wins regular season MVP -255
    James Harden wins regular season MVP +210

18. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Meh wouldn’t get your hopes up. He feels like another Giannis vote despite what he said today.

His other comments in the segment just confirmed he’s yet another voter who doesn’t deserve the vote.

He said something along the line of “this isn’t like Westbrook’s year when it was completely obvious he deserved MVP...”

19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Context: Cari Champion is a LAKERS homer fan. She doesn't want any Houston shine. She is STILL bitter about the Rockets luring away Dwight Howard.

Context.....always context.

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

If Wilbon is leading Harden I have to say I am surprised. I really am.