1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Bucks 3/26/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 25, 2019.

1. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

With how the Bucks play defense on Harden the rockets really will have to go 5 out to get Brook out the paint

2. lionaire

lionaire Member

What are you even talking about clown

3. HP3

HP3 Member

I agree hes dipped from last year. But you have to remember he was injured for good portion of the season. Id like to see his numbers from when he came back from his injury. If they are pedestrian I will fully accept what you are saying. But even when hes no scoring we are like 31-3 and three or something when he gets 10 plus assists.

4. HP3

HP3 Member

Mid range would not save us from game 7 last year, just stop.

5. lionaire

lionaire Member

Bucks were great defensively but I won't give their defense credit for us missing wide open 3's. Would've been a single-digit game if we shot even slighly better. To pair with that Bledsoe and the baseball player played out of their minds. I'd love to see this team in a series.

6. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Wow
    EG + PJ shot 1 of 16. Yikes.

Deckard and chadyang like this.
  7. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

I will say this about James Harden...
    I wish he didn't care so much about the MVP voting and what the media and former players thinks about him.
    Even while shading him to his right...He got to the paint whenever he wanted.
    I wish he would have shot 1000 floaters, scored 60, won the game, and then walked off the court with 2 pointed **** you fingers to the world.

BasketMAD, SORF, smp and 2 others like this.
  8. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

When we lost 10 pts, Harden just stop shooting. He keeps passing to Tucker and Shumbert which result in bricking. Then the gap becomes 20 pts.I didnt see any aggressiveness during that streak.

chadyang likes this.
  9. Ryan_Success

Ryan_Success Member

That was the deciding factor. We get their season averages and we win. Defense could of been better. Could of shot better. Could of been more aggressive. But we absolutely can’t afford to have a no show from 2/5 starters and expect to compete with the elite teams.

10. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

we are going to live and die by their open shots Harden sets up for them

Gray_Jay likes this.
  11. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

*shrug* The Rockets simply didn't play with the focus they need to win a big game like this. How many times did they struggle to make simple inbounds passes? The Bucks made them look like jittery rookies on offense and on defense they failed to guard the 3pt. line even though the Bucks have the same "shoot a lot of 3s" mentality the Rockets do. They're also a terrible matchup because they play a lot like the Rockets except with the benefit of being bigger at every position.

The funny thing is that the MVP matchup was kind of a dud. Both teams did decent jobs mucking things up for them, but Giannis's teammates made shots and Harden's didn't. Harden is going to have be more aggressive in using his floater in the playoffs if he's going to continue driving inside because a lot of good teams are going to be keeping big guys around the rim to block his shots and knock him down (which the refs most likely won't call).

Gray_Jay likes this.
  12. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

No...
    I Admire him for playing hurt and caring about his team enough to play hurt..
    I love EG for that.

arubato likes this.
  13. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Great job losing, Rockets.

Win when it matters most (playoffs), at least.

Wack ass game tonight.

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

well post All-Star break he’s at 15 and 9 on 42/34/93 shooting splits and 57% TS...so not pedestrian, but clearly much worse than we’ve been accustomed to over the course of his career

HP3 likes this.
  15. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

No one said ANYTHING about mid range. Key word "NO ADJUSTMENTS".....

PeterKingX and Little Bit like this.
  16. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

James Harden shot 9/26 for 23 points and his team was down by like 20 points.

Giannis went like 7/15 for 19 points and his team was up 20.

That doesn't seem like a wash to me. And you know damn well if the roles were reversed we would be talking about how Giannis didn't do enough.

Imagine if Harden went 7/15 for 19 points in a near blowout win while Giannis struggled scoring the ball greatly? ClutchFans would be having a field day. We wouldn't be talking about "well, Giannis's teammates shot poorly too!"

Stop it. It wasn't a wash. They got the better of us today. But that's the thing. It was just today. The Rockets can get the better of them tomorrow or any other day in the future. I truly believe that. Accept our losses and leave it at that.

17. Rocketeer4Life

PJ Chucker has 1 job on offense and he can't even do it. Gordon was horrible as well.

PeterKingX likes this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

Sigh....yea fair enough.

19. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

Yea playing hurt in a game isn't a good look unless we talking about a Gm7. He played hurt. Turned the ball over. Wasn't able to stop or slow anyone. Went 0-7. But you admire that. Got it.

20. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

The thing is, it wouldn't have worked all night. They would have eventually stepped up and stopped the floater. He was trying to get his teammates involved with open looks. You can't blame him for being a team player.

Gray_Jay likes this.