1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ocasio-Cortez tweets and other news

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

No, but I factually know it has become socially acceptable to hate millenials and people with progressive views always get attacked (just look at me on here recently). When you threaten the big bank account of the elites, things get dirty.

Please stop hating millenials on clutchfans, you can disagree with progressives. No need to spread hate and division.

2. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

By the way, that is very unfortunate. Feel free to share the details of that story, because i cannot find the motive of the shooter (not that it matters) but to shoot a politician in broad daylight at a baseball game with a rifle is....no words.

3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Again...I don’t hate millennials. Show me one post of mine where I have spread hate and division. Meanwhile, I can find a number of posts of yours where you complain about old people.

4. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

This thread was out of character because AOC received death threats and the millennial hate on the board has gone overboard. But I’ve never attacked old people prior to the death threats. Sometimes I get defensive after being labeled and dismissed as a millennial and being attacked for it, my apologies.

I have nothing against older people.

I just lumped you in because you are anti-progressive.

5. bobrek

In what way am I anti-progressive? Please point to one anti-progressive post I have made. Please point to one anti-AOC post I have made.

Granted, I don’t believe there is a 140 MPG solar powered Camry than one can rent for $30/day. If that makes me anti-progressive, then so be it. Granted, while I think voter registration could be easier, I also don’t think it’s that big of a deal to mail in a registration form. If that makes me anti-progressive, then so be it.

Nook and King1 like this.
  6. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

It is not my job to dig up your posts. Please reference the previous thread I made in the d and d. You were anti progressive.

7. bobrek

In what way? What post did I make showing I was anti-Progressive? You're making the claim. Back it up. Of course, if you were a contributing/supporting member, it would be easier for you to search. Sure is easy to make a claim and then not be able to back it up. Kind of gutless whether or not one's a progressive, liberal, conservative, etc.

I can't think of a single post showing I was anti-progressive unless it was the two things that I mentioned in my previous post.

jcf likes this.
  8. adoo

adoo Member

it is when u accuse him of being a millennial hater

jcf likes this.
  9. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

Do you really want to get into whether or not public/private corporations are paying their taxes? We can really dig into it if you want. I do not have access to individual tax returns, but the public has access to the financial statements of publicly traded companies.

We can dig that thread back up and see who is right, I do not mind.

10. Buck Turgidson

Just another lazy millennial.

Nook, biff17 and JuanValdez like this.
  11. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

Lol buck same offer to you too.

12. bobrek

So...because you made the totally false statement that billionaires pay ZERO taxes and I challenged it and then you moved the goalpost and used examples of a few corporations that paid no taxes WHICH I NEVER SAID DIDN'T HAPPEN, I'm anti progressive.

I see.....

13. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

You said few. Want to debate whether it is a few or not?

And yes, if you think it is only a few then you are anti progressive. A few billion is not nothing to scoff at.

14. bobrek

False...you said this:

All we know is that publicly traded companies are not paying their taxes. Based off this knowledge we can assume non-publicly traded companies a.k.a. private companies not listed on the stock exchange are also not paying their taxes. These companies are much bigger than the publicly traded companies....

I responded

So...your contention is now that EVERY big corporation pays ZERO taxes? If so please post your definition of a big corporation. If not, what are your saying?

You replied with this:

I posted three articles about how three of the biggest companies: Amazon, Apple and Netflix are paying zero taxes even though they recorded the highest profits in 2018.

We need to tax more if people/corps can get away with this.

I responded with

Right...but you said ALL...that is patently false unless you have a very narrow definition that only includes the companies you cite.

So...please show me where I said "only a few".

15. adoo

adoo Member

for the education of the lazy millennial who makes convenient facts-free claims

not every billionaire pays no taxes

case in point, Warren Buffets, who is worth ~~ 70+ Billions

he readily discloses that, in absolute $, he pays more taxes than his secretary.
    but that his effective tax rate is much lower than his secretary, because of the many deduction/write offs available to him

https://money.cnn.com/2013/03/04/news/economy/buffett-secretary-taxes/index.html

16. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

So I have to prove it’s more than a few and you cannot use common sense otherwise. We know there are tax havens all over the globe and switzerland is untouchable. All the burden is on me, when i already provided 3 clear examples of the biggest, and most familiar companies. You keep forgetting the main issue is billion-dollar companies do not grow on trees. The ones that exist need to pay their taxes. One not paying their taxes is 90 percent of the us population not paying any taxes. Do you understand why it is a huge issue?

But if you want more proof you can ask. But you will have to tell me your stance, who you voted for and who you intend to vote for. I have to know what your motives are.

17. bobrek

Not at all...you don't have to prove how many. Just admit it's not ALL.

18. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

One not paying their taxes is like 95 percent of the us population not paying their taxes.

It is kind of a big deal if just one.

I never said all. I said all we know is publicly traded companies are not paying their taxes. I never said all of them or not.

19. adoo

adoo Member

yet another convenient facts-free claim by the lazy millennial

20. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

There are plenty of new Switzerland’s, but you get what I am saying. Switzerland is not the only country where there are tax havens.