1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone who saw tonight's game knows it wasn't House's Fault for his play

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by astros123, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It's Harden's fault. He took all the shots. Nothing left for House.

daywalker02 likes this.
  2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Awful turnover.

Patience likes this.
  4. astros123

astros123 Member

House looked like a clown tonight. Disappointed in you House.

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

House of. Cards

6. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

The bricks I can tolerate; everyone on this team seems afflicted by this disease. What I can't stand is when he has to handle the ball and goes all deer in the headlights which result in sloppy turnovers.

7. Chamillionaire

He's proving Morey right. I'm bit surprised about the regression in his play over the past few games... He went from efficient to ineffective really quickly. I really do think Morey will find someone better.

tinman and Hakeemtheking like this.
  8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

House is not ready for pressure moments nor big time shots. He looks lost, gets confused and makes bad decisions.

9. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

For those ragging on House, just keep in mind that he is for all intents and purposes a rookie. Just like how he will have some good games, he will also have some bad ones. It is what it is.

D-rock, Dgn1, topfive and 1 other person like this.
  10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I do agree with this, but I think Morey and he should have come to a deal earlier with him. He might have had some more confidence by now. House is better than Ennis.

11. RRFan1994

RRFan1994 Member

Remember all house care about is money

tinman likes this.
  12. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Two bad games in a row. He needs to learn from these games quickly. 15 year vets have 2 bad games in a row. Not a big deal especially given his inexperience in big NBA games. But it's on him to learn and bounce back.

D-rock, SWTsig, topfive and 2 others like this.
  13. Juxtaposed Jolt

People can't be praising House for immediately being a good contributor / hero that saves the Rockets season / glue guy that we needed all along, and then give him a pass when he has a bad game.

House is who he is - a great young role player / 3 and D guy that's suited for today's NBA. Nothing more.

D-rock, 34to11, topfive and 2 others like this.
  14. chenjy9

Supporting Member

I disagree. We offered him what we could afford and what a player with his immediate capabilities and past experience deserved IMO. He declined and decided to bet on himself, which is fine. However lack of guaranteed job security and game experience is the cost of HIS own decision.

15. topfive

topfive CF OG

I'm confident he'll bounce back.

House is neither as great as some on CF think, nor as not-ready-for-this-level as others on CF think.

D-rock and RayRay10 like this.
  16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I see where you are coming from. He certainly has limitations, but Morey started out by offering him a 3 year non-guaranteed contract. He was certainly outplaying Ennis at that time.

17. chenjy9

Supporting Member

You never start off with your highest offer as it leaves zero room for negotiation. 99% of the undrafted free agents with minimal games under there belt would have normally taken that as it gives them a chance to get on the court in the NBA and prove their talent for a while. When he turned that down, we offered him a 3 year guaranteed contract, something that again 99% of the players in his position would have taken. He turned that down as well and asked for a guaranteed 1 year contract which we typically don't do for very obvious reasons.

34to11 likes this.
  18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

What's up with guys playing hot for 3-5 games and then disappearing on the Rockets? I feel like Faried and Rivers did this (to varying extents). House is doing it now. Back in the day, Troy Williams was balling out in his first game. Maybe beginner's luck is real, or they need to find a way to capture that same energy and confidence.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  19. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

It's amazing how much attention DHouse gets on Clutchfans! Heck, I'm wasting time posting on this thread...o_O

Hopefully, the HOF's can come down to reality and admit that he is a work in progress!! I myself am rooting for him, if he does well MY ROCKETS benefit from it and all is well in the world. It's unfair to him to put such high expectations on him! He's is a serviceable player at this time with some good potential for the future, THAT'S IT! I've said it many times, this team is going as far as Harden/Paul/Capela...and to a lesser degree Gordon/Tucker/Faried will take us! Everyone else are minor/situational role players!! As much as I love my Homie GreenLights, I fully understand that he is a role player and not much more...

Don't twist my words! As I said, I HOPE HE DOES WELL!!!

Go Rockets!!!

D-rock, Hakeemtheking and YOLO like this.
  20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

My theory is James Harden is just too good and then it makes players feel self conscious when it's time to do something. I personally think House, Faried, Rivers, and the other past ancillary players, lose confidence because they think a shot from Harden is a better option in the moment then their shot. You see it when House frantically tries to get Harden the ball when he is a capable 1v1 player.

What makes it worse, Harden is not the type of leader to massage someone's confidence in a game or in practice. He will do his thing and if you want to come along he is more than willing to accommodate, but he isn't pressing the situation. Harden will give you the ball or let you take over, but if you give him back the ball he takes it as if you don't want it. He isn't that type of CP3 "I'm going to give you a shot to get you going" PG. He is a "I need an outlet, be there ready to shoot" PG.

I saw this so much with Lin. Lin would frantically try to give Harden back the ball when he should have been doing his own thing.

Notice when Shumpert takes off, Harden is not clapping his hand or screaming for Shump to give him back the ball, he just goes with it.

HP3, RayRay10, napalm06 and 1 other person like this.