1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russell Westbrook tells fan: "I'll f*ck you up, you and your wife"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by zeeshan2, Mar 11, 2019.

1. amaru

amaru Member

napalm06 likes this.
  2. amaru

amaru Member

Pretty damning to the "nothing racist happened" crowd when Utah's BEST PLAYER calls out consistent RACIST ACTS from fans in his HOME ARENA. Some people are just content to keep their heads buried in the sand.

3. amaru

amaru Member

Considering that MLK was murdered in cold blood, while under active United States government surveillance no less, might make some people reconsider the 100% turn the other cheek approach. But that's another discussion.

Mr. Space City and OvenToasted like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ninja Turtle, stay classy and leave the fam out of it! You are supposed to protect those commonfolk, even if they hate your guts.

5. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

All I know OKC and Utah their chances going to the NBA Final is lesser now. Westbrook is an emotional player, he is going to get some friendly fan taunts everywhere he go now. His concentration is not going to be up there. And Jazz home fans is on red alert. I have doubts that both teams are going to play better after this.

6. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

LOL all I ever asked for was patience to get both sides of the story before picking sides. If anything I've been proven right in regard to investigating and gathering all facts.

stefanb likes this.
  7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Some of those look fake. And when you look up the his twitter snapshot history they weren't on there.

https://webcache.googleusercontent....tter.com/skeisel391+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Still, he was obviously in the wrong here (to put it lightly). When his postgame interview aired and he suggested that Westbrook was smiling and having fun with him, it became obvious that he was full of ****. Russell Westbrook did not go there to exchange zingers with some random dude in the crowd.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  8. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I believe Jazz fan hurled the wrong word just because their fan base has a history of **** like this.

They said he is banned but if he buys a ticket with cash how will they know its him and not allow him in the arena. He could not go to a game for a year or so and with the turnover in most of the arena jobs how will anyone know its him,

If he is a season ticket holder then he could lose his seats and if he was required to buy a PSL the money is lost.

This is 4 incidents with Westbrook in the past year with fans either hurling insults or him overreacting to fans getting on him in visiting arena. I don't know if its fans crossing the line or is he really just a thin skinned dude that has elephant ears about any and everything being said around him.

I think from now on every douche fan in every arena is going to try and heckle him because they think they can get under his skin.

You bet ESPN/TNT are going to make an issue the next time Russ gets into it with a fan and starts clanking 4th quarter shots like he normally does anyway.

I guess the league isn't happy on both sides by the Jazz banning the dude and Russ getting a fine too after this incident.

9. Senator

Senator Member

Actually, he said this isolated incident was not indicative of the home fans he has grown to love ... exactly the opposite of what you said.

This inability to decipher information is why you got a low score on the SAT ... not the evil white man.

Anyways, Jazz fans are the worst, glad the league is putting a clamp down on what people say.

stefanb likes this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

The fan should have been removed from the crowd and banned. What is concerning is that certain cities/arenas seem to tolerate this behavior. If someone started saying what the fan said, for as long as it went on, in a lot of arenas fans would balk at the at fault fan - not Utah or Boston.

As for Westbrook, enough is enough. He has had too many altercations with fans. Learn to have security remove the hecklers or ignore them. He is a professional and needs to remember that.

The whole situation was handled poorly.

Easy, whiskeyred and AroundTheWorld like this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

What does this have to do with anything? Why do you keep baiting posters?

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  12. Senator

Senator Member

Fake news leads to narratives that justify hate crimes.

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Wow, the arena just told me to STFU...

Helloooo Instagram!

Pizza_Da_Hut and AroundTheWorld like this.
  14. Asian Sensation

I only read the first and I was thinking.... I’ve never met Ppat and I obviously don’t know the guy but for some reason I believed him right away. Read the last page and glad to see good guy Ppat wouldn’t tell a lie.

15. MD_in_Training

My initial interpretation of what the guy said was that it was a reference to oral sex... “get down on your knees like you’re used to.”

I guess it can be a racially charged comment but I don’t think it’s clear cut.

stefanb and BigM like this.
  16. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

That’s exactly what I thought.

stefanb likes this.
  17. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

It's actually a reference to both. Apparently, and take it for what it's worth, I was told it's a practice known as buck breaking. When a slave was unusually difficult to deal with, a master would get him on his knees and proceed to rape him either orally or anally usually in front of other slaves. I'm going back to just interacting with animals for a bit, because I'm a little disgusted in humanity right now.

18. _Numberfifty

_Numberfifty Member

Me.

19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

this

that's something someone you think is subservient, submissive, and/or inferior

"like you used to" - it was common thing to happen in the past / history

BigM and Mr. Space City like this.
  20. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Honestly, I watched a video of it on YouTube and I'm just angry. I'm angry that this is something that wasn't really discussed in any of my US history classes. I was always a good and advanced student, but I was sort of blind to it. Like, it wasn't until I became an adult when I learned about this type of stuff, and red lining and other hateful policies. I'm angry because we choose to whitewash this over in the name of decency in front of kids/teenagers. This is real **** we need to be cognitive about. We aren't. We'll, some of us are, I'm just disappointed in myself that at 33 I'm finally starting to realize how bad we were to minorities in this country.