1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN+] Kobe Bryant to DETAIL James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Mar 9, 2019.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think it might be a simple aswer. He reviews the best player or the hottest one.

I think he had a segment on Donovan Mitchell about the time it seems that dude was about to blow up.

I have yet to watch the segment but from what was dicussed on here it seems that Harden's game is already known to most of the teams out there.

It is not a well kept secret.

They just can't stop him either way.

Blurr#7, RyanB, Reeko and 1 other person like this.
  2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

They dont call him the Truth for nuthin.

biff17 likes this.
  3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Where did he say this and when?

4. ksny15

ksny15 Member

You guys really think it's going to be a trash piece? I bet Kobe throws a ton of praise at James. I like these .kind of excited

YaoMingsSoulja, Blurr#7 and BigMaloe like this.
  5. TheRedRanger

TheRedRanger Member

6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

He's right Steph has never gone anywhere without atleast two other all stars.

7. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Billups is right up there with shaq when it comes to the dumb athletes who should never get a second of air time on national TV.

8. sushimaster

sushimaster Member

Kobe in his prime or 2019 Harden? Who's better?

RealRocFan47 likes this.
  9. Juxtaposed Jolt

Anyone willing to post the Kobe analysis of Harden?

10. MD_in_Training

Kobe is gonna trash Harden for eclipsing him as having the highest ppg since MJ.

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Lol at whoever uploaded that video on Jan. 2019. Kobe stans get so threatened when people start comparisons to their god. They tried to destroy LeBron for years and they finally gave up. Now they are threatened that Harden is getting love.

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I watched the DETAIL on Harden. It is quite good. Kobe used footage of the Philly game. It is a good watch!

sushimaster, BigMaloe and Roc Paint like this.
  13. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

If you say so Deuce. If I don’t like it, I’m coming after ya ;)

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

You'll like it.

My big takeaway is how PATIENT Harden is passing wise in setting up the pick and roll. He really sees the floor.

Kobe also says Harden can take it to another level in the post. And I agree. That feels like the next thing to add to his bag.

People look at Harden's drives, scoring, step backs....but really what sets him apart from other "scorers" is his threat of passing. Just takes his overall game to another level.

Harden's passing is his most underrated and least talked about skill.

15. valorita

valorita Member

The passing and also the anomaly of remaining ultra efficient no matter how high the usage rate is.

16. Streets 01

Streets 01 Member

Are people really worried Kobe Bryant will expose Harden and teams will now be able to shut him down!? [Miz] Really!? REALLY!?? [/Miz]. Professional ball clubs have TEAMS of scouts/analysts whose sole job is to watch tape and scout these guys. It’s not like they’re going to be like “damn, we threw 10 different schemes at Harden and he still torched us... what would Kobe do?”

He’ll be fine. Relax.

jelanit, RyanB and sushimaster like this.
  17. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I disagree with Kobe n your take tho that the post is his next area. I dont thinking is. That's not really efficient of a shot n in post play it's not conducive to drawing fouls. I mean that as no disrespect to James. He has to have a way to draw a foul. That what makes him elite to the threat of any move he does has that u can foul me threat. Him posting I think removes that element unless harden has something next level that o cant even envision. Again not a knock. I love the fact he always trying to get to the line. To me he is almost at the peak I would be happy if he just added nothing more. That's how high i am on him. But if he would add something more I would rather it be more off the ball stuff. That would move him from 97 to 98

RichieBanks and RyanB like this.
  18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Nah, the post is still a good area to work. You see it with CP as well. It might not be if his passing wasn't up to snuff, but it is elite and they can space the floor. Everything about Harden is about counter moves, not just ability to get to the line. Getting fouls is "value added"....Harden's main objective is gaining "leverage."

RyanB and sushimaster like this.
  19. rocketseagles07

He said on Jimmy Kimmel a couple years ago if he had a player to start his franchise with he’d pick James and James wasn’t as good as he is now... yet cf so triggered they’re trynna s*** on dude in advance just in case

RyanB and sushimaster like this.
  20. rockets13champs