1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Daryl Morey repeat the mistakes by letting players walk in free agency?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fish36floor, Feb 25, 2019.

1. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Dear n00b OP,

Thank you for worrying about future problems that don't exist. It helped me get some questions that are way way more important than the ones you asked:

Will you experience the worst day of the rest of your life?
    Will you die and disintegrate?
    Will the Earth be destroyed and the entire record of the NBA be lost forever?

Guys, I love humans and the universe, so that's why I'm asking.

2. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

We'd need a bunch of things to break our way:
    • Philly losing early in the playoffs (unlikely, but a first round matchup with Boston is possible)
    • Philly wavering on paying Butler the max, but wanting to still compete (somewhat likely, Gordon would be a good piece for Philly)
    • Butler wanting out (somewhat likely - dude seems to change his mind every week)
    • Butler and CP3/Harden talking about teaming up (very likely - CP and Harden have feelers everywhere)
    • Tillman being willing to pay the luxury tax (somewhat likely - we were rumored to go after Butler earlier this year)

3. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Nope u guys are rewriting history. The year before harden has a bad rep as a ball hog. N that season wasnt that good. I felt he had to over pay cause rino was a dead eye stretch 4 that has hard to come by then. That year he got a bunch of shooters. That year harden averaged one of his greatest assit total batting down the ball hog nobody would want to play with him narrative. So he paid cause he had to. Cause it was becoming a media narrative he was a ball hog n not fun to play with.

4. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

God I hope so. I'm on record for wanting hi. Even if it costed us tuck n gordon.

The lesson is anytime u get get talented guys all stars u do. Cause morey has shown he can get u guys around the edges...tucker Gordon all replaceable

A core of cp3 butler harden n clint. That's atleast 2 champions u do it period n worry about the rest later

5. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I'm really wondering if OP will make more stupid posts in July of this year.
    Yes.

6. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

I would definitely love to see the following guys back in Houston next season; excuse the obvious...

Guards:
    Chris Paul
    Eric Gordon
    James Harden
    Austin Rivers
    Iman Shumpert

Forwards:
    Danuel House
    PJ Tucker
    Kenneth Faried
    Gerald Green

Centers:
    Clint Capela

I think DM needs to come into next season with the mentality of trying to build the best team possible versus always saying, “you don’t build your team in July” crap. I along with many other people understand that DM but having the best team possible early on helps with chemistry and standings. Can’t keep relying on the deadline and/or buyouts to help you fill out the roster.

I think Houston should trade guys like Gary Clark, Isaiah Hartestein, Nene, and Vincent Edwards for proven guys or to open up cap space.
    Houston needs a C that better fits Houston style such as DJ who could come for very cheap. I’m also intrigued to see what will happen with DeMarcus Cousins, if he’s available I wouldn’t mind him at the 4 with PJ at the 3.

With all that said I think everyone but Harded, CP, and PJ should be available if it means improving our team. Yes this includes moving Clint if he can net us a great player, besides, DJ can play the same roll at a cheaper price.

7. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

N also all jokes aside on tillman being broke n cheap. I do this as well lmao.

But wasnt his whole thing not being in the luxury tax is bad but repeat luxury tax. So didnt they get out of it by making the moves this year. N wont that mean next year he wouldnt be a repeater. So n turn maybe this is all for to get a butler next year. Then we would all have to eat crow about tillman

8. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Hate to bust ur bubble he wont go into luxury tax for those guys...

But like I said fear not morey will get us other guys we buy out that we all fall in love with again lol

9. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Correction: then you will have to eat crow about Tilman.

10. topfive

topfive CF OG

WhoTF are you replying to with the above? 'Cause your screed has no connection whatsoever to my comment.

11. BigBum

BigBum Member

This team has only 5-man rotation if Rivers and Faried are gone.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Agreed.

Has he not?
    What irreplaceable role player has he not replaced?

Morey may make mistakes
    but he corrects them quickly

Ariza/MBahMute/Anderson - would not be helping this team
    At least not as much as
    Fareid/Rivers/ and maybe Shump

Rocket River

D-rock likes this.
  13. BigBum

BigBum Member

This is a 45 win team if Rivers/Faried are gone.

14. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Bummy Bearded Morey, stop tweeting about the Sloan Conference and start practicing your FREE THROWS!

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

**** yeah! He already has it planned. We're going after Jimmy butler, oops we lost Rivers and Faried.

16. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

"Yao would've been a lot worse if he was only 6 feet tall. . . ."
    --Thoughts on Imaginary Worlds

D-rock likes this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

I’d say leaving out butler turning down max and wanting to have his own team, which he reportedly both wants is pretty significant

18. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

This is silly.

Luc doesn't play anymore and Ariza got 15 million. Did you want Rockets to pay Ariza 15 million? Are you missing Luc's street clothes?

19. Ryan_Success

Ryan_Success Member

Offseason Priorities:

1. Retain Rivers and Faried
    2. Add rim protector/elite rebounder
    3. Attempt to add 3rd star

I’m not going to say Morey had a bad offseason, the acquisitions just didn’t pan out. That’s the business of the NBA, you take a chance and it either works or it doesn’t. CP3 was always going to get paid that money from us or someone else. Clint’s deal is a steal on today’s market. Buyout acquisitions were good to excellent. You run with the core and pray to the basketball gods for health!

20. jowman

jowman Member

Figures the only one we don't need Bird rights on is who has it.