1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Very disappointed in our "salary dump" trade deadline.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Slam Dunk, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think it will be ok
    I have faith.

Not looking for Lightning to strike twice in a bad way
    We just need the Refs to be fair

Rocket River

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'm not so sure other GM's would just take tilman's crap so easily. jerry west and probably masai would have just resigned long ago before tarnishing their reps like this. morey's legacy is going to be one of having wasted james harden's career.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Truth
    Real
    Pure

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

That’s about all we can have because we sure as **** don’t have the talent

5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Absolutely.

What pisses me off if that we've ignored ways to lower PJs rate

1) not playing Clark
    2) leaving house to rot

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

keep killing Tilman as if he can magically make valuable assets and cap space appear out of thin air

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

Miss me yet?

Dgn1 and Slam Dunk like this.
  8. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

And this is why I would absolutely sweat bullets if it turned out to be the Lakers as the Rockets first round opponent.

Silver would commit any sin this side of sodomy to ensure LeBron stayed in front of NBA cameras as long as possible.

9. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

Eh man the Warriors are too stacked. They just coast in the regular season. I wouldn't mind if I was wrong though...

10. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

Most of the owners probably don't care all that much if they win a title. It's a business and if they're team is doing good enough and the cash in rolling in owners are winning.

Jontro likes this.
  11. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

This team is deeper and more talented than last years roster, and it’s not close. Now, the Warriors are improved, too, after adding Cousins, so the Rockets upgrades may not be enough.

However, the only player of consquence the Rockets lost from last season’s playoff run is Trevor Ariza, as Luc Mbah Moute played sparingly. Shumpert, Rivers and Faried, combined, provide a lot more depth and value than Ariza by himself. Shumpert is a downgrade from Ariza, but has many of the same qualities: good, versatile defender and an erratic shooter. Faried is a better backup five than Nene was, and Rivers is another rotation-worthy guard that can help keep CP3 fresh in the playoffs. Not to mention the Rockets are highly likely to add a viable backup power forward for Tucker that they lacked last year in the buyout market, whether its Markieff Morris or someone like Wilson Chandler. Then, they also have the ability get the House scenario resolved in time for him to be playoff-eligible.

CP3/Rivers
    Harden/Gordon
    Shumpert/House or Green
    Tucker/Morris or Chandler
    Capela/Faried

>>>>>>>>>

CP3/Gordon
    Harden/Gordon
    Ariza/Green
    Tucker/nothing
    Capela/nothing

#191 DVauthrin, Feb 9, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  12. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

I’ll buy what you are selling here, if for nothing less than my own sanity. It’s one of the more positive positions that I’ve seen articulated here after all of the roster changes. These next two buyout roster additions will be key to how deep of a push we can make.

13. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

He’s a total cheapskate. Which is why neither ariza and luv aren’t here. And we wouldn’t be scrambling for wings. It’s almost as if hes resigned to pay Harden and CP3. And just roll with them.

Slam Dunk likes this.
  14. 1234567

1234567 Member

The repeater tax is way too much for most if any owner will tolarate. Simple business and I believe if they landed J Bulter they would have gone all out this year. That is without trading away E Gordon.

Now that the reality is here.

They will play out this season knowing their odds of going to finals are slim and they might not make it to the WCF.

None of the available trades would have moved the needle. If you have to trade a key rotation player, Gordon or PJ to get then it is not much of upgrade. The trash they traded out got them the Shrimp.

Who knew that Mr. ANDERSON could be worth more than BK. But I think Anderson changed his last year of the contract so that and fact BK was trash.

15. bozo

bozo Contributing Member

if we are looking 2-4 years down the road, facing the luxury tax, the repeat offender tax, and want to sign someone in offseason to 2-3 year deal, wouldn't it make sense to get under the tax "officially" for a short period of time? That should help with the repeat offender tax which otherwise could get to the 250-275% range

16. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Lotta people crying during Harden's historic season. Sucks being a fan?

CVcrew likes this.
  17. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

If money wasn't a problem ,we could have now, the same team +
    +Ariza resign (bird rights)
    +Luc (MLE)
    +Melton
    +Ellighton + Tyler Johnson (for RA)
    + 2019 1st
    + 3 2nds
    + Ennis

we prefer Shumpert and next year more flexibility (probably)

snowconeman22 likes this.
  18. 1234567

1234567 Member

They would never give $15 million for 1 year to Ariza.

Notice all other than CP3 and Capella was vet min.

Now try this trade Ariza f signed with BK and 4 1st may have gotten J Bulter and their salary dump.

Same team add JB and that is worth luxury tax but who knew JB was available last off season?