1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Morey says Rockets not done acquiring players

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Remlap, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

All three?
    You sir, are going to be very disappointed.

fckbandwagons likes this.
  2. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

I remember all the swaggering after we got Brendan Wright and Joe Johnson when they got bought out. Not to mention Carmelo Anthony.

bmelo and fckbandwagons like this.
  3. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Lol even the article calls him “Moray”

Who wrote this, a CF member?

4. Rokman

Rokman Member

Anyone writing a public article on the fact that the Rockets will plan to fill at least one of THREE empty roster spots with players off of waivers is someone who would write that the sky is blue and hope that that is somehow new knowledge and full of insight to their reader.

5. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

True story: I once played Juaquin Hawkins one-on-one to an 8-8 tie before a Fort Wayne Fury practice.

Smacktle, mikol13, SC1211 and 15 others like this.
  6. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

lol I know, right? "Hey, Harden. We did get you more help. Austin Rivers and Faried--two guys who were in limbo before they got here."

7. fckbandwagons

fckbandwagons Member

How big of a whiner can you get? Since you hate how the roster looks, even with the addition of faried and rivers, don't even bother to watch the games!

8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Nothing wrong with Faried, Rivers, Shumpert. I like Shumpert, I think his net impact could be as good as Mirotic. These are good role players, at least off the bench. The problem is those are not the kind of additions that you present as the result of your work for the last 1.5 years, followed by a declaration that you have to take it easy for the second half of the season.

bmelo likes this.
  9. FartWaffles

FartWaffles Member

10. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Twin will be a Rocket. That was promised to me. He fits depth at the 4 and 3 (our alternate to JayGreen). The minutes are available too, esp. when PJ needs a rest.

Rockets will be going hard at Wayne, who was supposed to be here all along with Green. That will be tough to secure now though. Miami messed up a deal on the table.

However, MDA likes Crawdaddy, too for instant offense. James and Crawford are friends and the idea of Craw getting more shots in the twilight of his career is appealing.

Lastly, there is discussion of Gortat being brought in for security, in the event of a slow Clint revival.That one is spotty though. Moose is an option and has a good relationship with many of our guys via Josh Smith's friendship. He'd be GREAT for setting picks and going to the basket.

Moose is willing to play a lesser role than Gortat, though Gortat may be a better fit.

DJ looks to be someone the Knicks want to keep for the rest of the year.

As for D.House, he's a player that the Rockets AND James LOVE. But, the numbers game may kill his opportunity if proven vets step in.

SuperCoolBeas is in Morey's good graces...but not hearing it as a deal.

More from me when I'm not having cancer sweats at 2am.

But again, a good Ear is telling me that Twin will be a Rocket. Is that me swearing? No. But, it's good intel.. Same with one of Moose or Gor. Fears of Ne hurting himself down the line.

***Also, my damn, every guy on my sig was moved practically. The "failures" of Miami and Memphis hurt, but Morey is relentless.

Ainge blew it....Jaylen will bolt and was within a quick grasp.

Goodnight

11. ARA71197

ARA71197 Member

Thanks for the info. Could’ve sworn Woj said Ellington is finalizing a deal to join the Pistons though

12. Chamillionaire

Thanks brother! Your posts really are one of the reasons I'm here daily.

None of these guys really impress, especially Markieff. As long as I've watched him, I've never been impressed. The other twin on the other hand has improved. Moose and Gortat don't excite me either, but I guess against the big boys, good to have one of them to throw their weight around.

13. RichieBanks

RichieBanks Member

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

@Codman, you the board's mvp.

What do you think of the chatter on here calling the FO cheap?

Sounds like they aren't fixed on only one goal.

MiddleMan and whiskeyred like this.
  15. fckbandwagons

fckbandwagons Member

Greg Monroe

16. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Thank you, the trades that don't happen are often more interesting than the trades that do happen. Was wondering what happened with the JaMychal Green/Temple situation. Wayne Ellington was almost here, and even more noteworthy, Jaylen Brown! This all but confirms Tilmans tweet regarding something backfiring at the last minute in negotiations...

I know most on this board consider adding another big body sounds redundant. But, the game changes in the playoffs and having another banger to throw at teams might go a long way IMO.

raining threes likes this.
  17. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

18. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Greg Monroe

whiskeyred likes this.
  19. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

So if we follow the pennies, we're signing Morris on the 21st of Feb and recalling House on the 21st of March, then converting House on the last day of the regular season (April 11) so he's eligible for the playoffs, and on the 13th of April before our first playoff game there will be a ceremony to honor us as the Most Valuable LT Savings team.

Morey will make a speech saying the competition was fierce and it was a really tough loss for the Repeater Tax but they were no match for the Rockets who ranked top 3 both on salary defense and salary offense. Tilman will take the mic to announce we will do whatever it takes to retain the title and James Harden long term, while insisting that it has nothing to do with the $50m+ he will be taking home at the end of the season. In fact, he doesn't care if we even go $10m above the tax as long as he is guaranteed to win the championship.

20. raining threes

Adding Fareid, Rivers, Shumpert, Twin, Gortat would mean Morey totally rebuilt his bench in season and cut loose of all of his offseason moves.

This is almost impossible to do in season and required a bit of luck but Morey did a great job of realizing the mistakes he made this offseason and the key to fixing things is admitting his mistakes and quickly moving on.