1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen] Rockets optimistic about trade this time

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jan 30, 2019.

1. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

Little to no chance of that happening.

Sean Dr34ms likes this.
  2. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

You are so smart do you play ball by any chance ?

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

Jamychal Green,
    Plus, his contract matches up nicely with Knight's. Hopefully, 2 2nds + knight would get it done

D-rock likes this.
  4. Senator

Senator Member

What has the 24/7 switching system won the team? What is so great about it? Do you want to have a chance against GS in the playoffs?

Gasol can be had cheap and provides incredible value for the time he is on the court. You are lost in data but the data gets exposed each and every time. Sometimes you have to make basketball decisions.

chadyang, hakeem94 and bmelo like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

if this team gets a starting caliber 3&D wing and House is brought back then :eek:

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Switching is a huge part of the reason we were up 3-2 against the greatest team ever assembled, before CP3's injury.

It's the only way you are beating GSW. Their off-ball screens are far too deadly.

7. macan

macan Member

we got someone yet?

8. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Oh dont misunderstand me. By no way would I have gave ariza that. I'm on record to agree with what morey did. Plus the luc departure was born out to be the right move with him not being on the court this year

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

How many times has Daryl said he said "We were very close" or "Hey we are optimistic". During the NBA Draft or trade deadline. And not getting a really talented player. Michael Porter Jr. etc.
    Only Lou Williams worked out, getting rid of Brewer brickfest. Daryl needs to keep his First Round Picks and if there is a chance to Anthony Davis or Jimmy Butler trade those First Round Picks for them only, not role players or Journeyman.

AuburnRocket and hakeem94 like this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

6-9 players like JaGreen, Vonleh or Aminu would be great fit. But Rockets are more than one player away from getting back to legit WCF contender status again. And acquiring either of these players would take a first minimum plus another first min to dump a contract like BK’s.

Rockets need depth as much as they need to upgrade starters at the 3 and 4 spots. Rockets also need a bigger back up to Clint that MDA trusts. A guy like Javale McGee perhaps.

Or better yet, Morey can truly swing for the fences and acquire young long athletic players. Losing multiple first rounders for young players make it win-win. While NBA is distracted by AD drama, sneak in and make a deal that truly improves all teams involved.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?redirected=true

HOU out: EGordon, Knight, Chriss, Ennis, Hartenstein, Nene, VEdwards, 3 FRP, 2 SRP, Rights to Llull
    HOU in: AGordon, Willie Cauley-Stein, TRoss, JSimmons, Rights to Justin Jackson

ORL out: AG, Ross, Simmons, 2 SRP, Rights to Justin Jackson
    ORL in: JWall, EGo, Chriss

WAS out: Wall
    WAS in: Knight, Ennis, Skal, Hartenstein, 2 HOU FRP, 1 ORL SRP, 1 HOU SRP, Rights to Llull

SAC out: WCS, Skal
    SAC in: Nene, VE, 1 HOU FRP, 1 ORL SRP, 1 HOU FRP

ORL finally acquires All Star caliber PG that can push pace and close out games. Isaac moves into natural 4 spot and Magic can retain their only All Star caliber on roster, Vooch. EGo increases scoring and leadership. 2019 roster of Augustin, EGo, Fournier, Isaac and Vooch is more balanced and better floor spacer to compete for final playoff spot in weak East.

SAC off loads WCS for picks, who was due big pay day in offseason and already losing minutes to both younger cheaper bigs in Bagley and Giles. Chriss is local boy lottery pick returning home for another opportunity.

WAS unloads Wall’s albatross of a contract instead of trading Beal who is better player but no longer fits next to Wall. WAS adds multiple picks instead of giving away assets to jettison Wall’s salary hold. WAS also receives trade exemptions from HOU and ORL.

Rockets add upgrades to both 3 and 4 spots improving D, rebounding and scoring. WCS becomes temporary starting 5 allowing Clint to take his time returning and allows Faried to come off the bench.

Rockets Roster:

CP3 - Rivers
    Beard - Jonathon Simmons
    Terrence Rose - Green
    AG - PJ - Clark/House
    WCS - Faried - Clint*

*Still Injured
    **Justin Jackson: 6-7 230 3&D Forward that shot over 40% his last year at Maryland. Out for 2019 season.

11. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Man, landing JaMychal Green would be awesome. I'm hoping for Ja Green and Danuel House - I think the Rockets can roll with that roster.

12. Senator

Senator Member

How did cousins do last year against the Rox?

Rox have to adjust, not keep adding 6’8 sfs. It’s not like they are short on them.

And it’s not a given they make it past the first round without a capela alternate. HCA is not likely this yr.

13. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Ja Green would be a good addition, but make no mistake about it he would have no ability to defend SF's. It's not even debatable, he is too slow for all but the slowest SF's. He is more likely to guard a C. His position is PF. But that's fine because if he can give us 25+ minutes there, we can have Tucker help at the 3 and re-sign House to replace most of Green and Ennis' minutes.

But what's more important here is reading between the lines of the article. They don't seem keen on sending out picks. They don't seem keen on dumping Knight anymore. Dumping Knight for an expiring means you don't have that expiring contract to trade in the summer and you are over the cap. So they're looking at turning other players into assets.

Are these guys gearing up for an Anthony Davis trade offer on the HUNCH that Davis doesn't get traded before the deadline?

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. bmelo

bmelo Member

I just posted the other day that's what we need - stretch four with defensive abili
    yeah too much of adapting basketball to Moreys excel not enough adapting excel to basketball

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Why is it a surprise that Morey would be offering, hell, he could be offering at this moment.

I think 20 ballclubs should be offering right now.

16. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I was being sarcastic about the reunion tour

saleem likes this.
  17. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I'm not talking about offering, I'm talking about churning assets between now and the summer (i.e. half-assing our focus on improving right now) to be in better position to make an offer, since we know we don't have the assets to even be in the conversation for Davis right now.

daywalker02 likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Just let us see what happens, mang.

19. Houston288South

Nice creativity, but in the end that does not give us a championship roster. IMO.

20. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

What has three's and Paint philosophy won the team?

We chose a system to test out and play. We're not going to abandon that system after a season and a half, especially when we're just coming off a season where we pushed the greatest team in the NBA to 7 games in the WCF.. Especially when our system indicated the defense worked just about the best against the greatest team than any other in the NBA.

We don't switch 24/7. We run a fluctuating switch defense. If you want a split then I would estimate it at 85/15. With a split like that you'd be a fool to pay Gasol for the few minutes in a game that he may be viable. Even then his total game is going south fast, dude has no hands anymore he's been really struggling catching the ball this season. Dude has been catching balls like he's Omar Asik lately. I've nicknamed him butterfingers. I'll pass and thankfully Morey see's it that way as-well.

#120 Realjad, Jan 31, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
    saleem likes this.