1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WOJ] Anthony Davis has requested trade

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by lionaire, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I doubt it. But it'd be interesting to see who they get to keep if that happens. Do all the young guys get moved in the deal? Or do the Lakers have to do what we do and just try to fill all of the other slots with vet minimum guys?

2. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

The beard and the brow need to be a thing. The best duo in the league.

3. amaru

amaru Member

I’d wait to see who ended up with the #1 pick and try to get Williamson out of any Davis deal. If I’m gonna be a bad franchise, I might as well be entertaining

malakas likes this.
  4. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

UNLESS AD makes it clear that in order to sign him, they need to keep Walton at coach. That would be epic! Don't see it happening at all...but one can always dream.

BigShasta and malakas like this.
  5. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

I wonder how much other factors than bball play into his decision. Rockets can absolutely lay claim to being a great team for winning a championship. But doesn't measure up to LA in terms of media and other deals. AD didn't strike me as the materialistic type...but then he's had a few years now to see how all that works.

6. lionaire

lionaire Member

Hopefully this investigation extends past the Feb 7th trade deadline :D

Vivi likes this.
  7. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Awww. It's sweet that you find me that entertaining.

amaru likes this.
  8. lionaire

lionaire Member

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...ans-star-including-lakers-knicks-and-rockets/

[​IMG]Houston Rockets get:
    • Anthony Davis
    [​IMG]New Orleans Pelicans get:
    Obviously some of the other offers on this list seem more attractive, but who knows if the Pelicans actually get those offers? Maybe Houston general manager Daryl Morey, who is steadfast in his obsession with beating the Warriors, ends up presenting the best assets in emerging big man Capela, proven wing scorer Gordon and what will likely be a late first-round pick. For the Pels to do this, they'd need to be sold on Holiday being able to run the show while the team waits for reinforcements. He's already shown great improvements as a playmaker, so giving him the keys to the offense to throw lobs to Capela and kick out to Gordon for 3-pointers may unlock even another level of Holiday's game. This one's probably unlikely, but you better believe the Rockets will do anything and everything in their power to bring A.D. to Houston.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

BigShasta likes this.
  11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Could Embid and Davis play together?

Rocket River

12. BleedsRocketRed

Why would Anthony Davis go to LA when his jersey LITERALLY says NOLA?

Vivi, BigDog63, Jontro and 4 others like this.
  13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

lionaire likes this.
  14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Is Harden and Davis better than Tmac and Yao??

15. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

Random thought: i think the Pelicans are playing this all wrong. Leverage the situation to better position themselves. With the AD announcenent, their 1st round picks' value go up. They should trade their 1st round picks (current and future) for reinforcements and try to make a last ditch run.

Mike Conley for a 1st this year and salary filler could probably get done. Then flip their 2021 1st pick unprotected (first year without AD if he walks in FA) for Bradley Beal.

They then have half a season to try to get back into the playoff race and gel. Worst case scenario, they can still trade AD this offseason to Boston and recoup picks. Plus Jrue and Beal would also bring back decent assets for a rebuild. Conley would be the hardest to move, but with Orlando and Phoenix always in need of a point guard, not impossible.

mike2k132 and lionaire like this.
  16. Sino rocketfan

I love AD, but we don't have any player or draft picks that Pelicans might be interested....

17. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

U sir are a genius. I love out the box thinkers

18. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

Haha thanks. Unfortunately we'll probably just get the formulaic AD to the Lakers, because "it's better than to lose him for nothing"

The actual kicker is that Boston has Memphis' lightly protected 1st round pick (top 8 protected in '19 and '20, unprotected in '21). So by trading for Conley they make Memphis worse, and could then turn around and reap the benefit by getting that pick from Boston in a possible AD trade.

mike2k132 likes this.
  19. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Bro u wanna start a podcast with me. I'm liking your kung fu lol

mickey_angelo likes this.
  20. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

There is no way AD would want to resign here. Nobody wants to come to Houston, really.