1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden’s Drawn Fouls Against the Lakers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Reeko, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

1st foul: u could say Harden created the contact

2nd foul: Hart didn’t give him space to land

3rd foul: Kuzma clearly checked him with his knee...stfu C-Webb

4th foul: Lonzo clearly checked him with his shoulder...again, stfu C-Webb

5th foul: Hart doesn’t give him space to land

6th foul: Chandler’s arms aren’t completely straight up

7th foul: Lance reached in

8th foul: Hart runs into him coming off the screen

9th foul: Kuzma doesn’t give him space to land

What are these Laker players and all these dumbass fans crying about?!?

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

They're crying because Harden gives them Kobe flashbacks. Kobe would get all those calls.

3. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

It isn't just the Lakers, it's every other team. They simply can't stop Harden, so they start crying when he gets free throws.

BigggReddd, amaru, kevtse and 11 others like this.
  4. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

Lebron only fans have a tough time watching objectively. Mcgee got 2 free throws when he blocked his own shot on the backboard. Kuzma bowling everyone over like a bull in a china shop. Mcgee and Chandler camping the lane all game guarding nobody and shoving people in the back for rebounds. They play a physical bully ball style where Lance, Kuzma and Lebron are running people over and shoving them out of the way to get their looks and the refs allow it for the most part.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

what puzzles me is that people are acting like Harden received all these phantom fouls...these are clear and obvious fouls, but u got idiots like C-Webb talking about “Where’s the foul?”

Hart and Kuzma are clearly fouling him and then are crying post-game like they were never touching him

[​IMG]

People are always saying that Harden is tricking the refs. Lol, the refs have how many years of tape on Harden and have reffed him for how many games now? You’d think if Harden is actually tricking and deceiving them that they would’ve caught on by now. The refs have determined that Harden is actually getting fouled, that is why he keeps getting sent to the line.

6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

When you guys accept that people hate Harden and are always gonna complain about fouls you will feel better I promise.

It bugged me a ton a few years back, now I pay it no mind. Even get some LOL's out of it.

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Harden drives past defenders and gets fouled.

Kobe runs into a flatfooted Yao and gets free throws.

DreamShook likes this.
  8. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

Harden is unusual because most of his shots come from stepbacks where he then jumps forward to have enough strength to shoot them that far back. This results in him landing in the space he created where the defender is now at to try to defend.

9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Harden feasts on undisciplined defenders like Lonzo and Kuzma who doesn't know how to position their bodies.

10. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

The thing is, they have caught on. Harden gets mugged and knocked down a lot and often gets nothing out of it. He was getting calls last night but a lot of nights they're swallowing the whistles when Harden is playing, which is one of the reasons why he's not a league leader in FTs anymore.

11. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Probably the only quote in that hit piece article about Harden drawing fouls that wasn’t trying to paint him as a trickster was former ref Steve Javie saying “when you go back and look at the replay, 9/10 you say yeah that was a foul.”

amaru, clutchdabear and Deuce like this.
  12. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I would say 2 are not fouls, straight up. there are 1 or 2 more that are questionable, but I get that they could be called. Again, this only paints half the picture. When you juxtapose it to the calls LAL got it might make more sense.

jboslett likes this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

he’s not the league leader, but he’s 2nd behind Embiid’s 10.2 attempts with 9.8, and will finish with 10+ attempts a game once the season is done like he always does and probably will finish ahead of Embiid

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

@Reeko

3rd foul: Kuzma clearly checked him with his knee...stfu C-Webb

4th foul: Lonzo clearly checked him with his shoulder...again, stfu C-Webb

15. BigBum

BigBum Member

Lakers fans said harden was flopping in this game.

My point of view: LeBron can't play defense any more. He is done at defense.

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Harden loves playing in tight spaces. Most players don't.

Harden is willing to shoot shots with players close to him. In fact I think he loves it. Most players will contest the shot and MOVE INTO Harden's landing space. Lack of discipline. And this is a foul. Most players are AFRAID of shooting shots with players close to them like that. Harden invites it. He invites you to be undisciplined. And they are. And then the defender (and fan) cries about the lack of discipline. Sorry.

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Precisely.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  18. AXG

AXG Member

I could understand 1 or 2 of these being questionable, but the rest are CLEARLY fouls. They're just arguing for the sake of it.

19. 1Deep

1Deep Member

I usually enjoy C. Webb calling Rockets games but he was almost unbearable last night.

20. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

Harden can get some sketch calls and then other times pushed striaght out of the air, and nothing. Its even's out. People wouldnt be saying **** if their players got these same calls

thedreamsteam likes this.