1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets seeking trade this week after waiving House

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Dec 4, 2018.

1. tc0330

tc0330 Member

its not about the name being released, its that a man was released and a roster spot is now open thats important. second, hartenstein was literally just sent down to the g-league same week i believe. THEN, brandon knight was just sent up from the g-league same week after ONE game. if those 3 back to back moves to scream potential trade alert then idk what does.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe Morey can work a trade for DeAnthony Melton for scrubs, I hear that has been done in the past and I think he's the kind of player who could help the Rockets out.

3. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Super odd situation. I don’t think it’s a tragedy he was waived but does make little sense to do it now when we have a game tomorrow. Was there a deadline for or was he signed to a 10 day or something?

It would be nice to assume this was because a trade is happening but that’s just us being desperate for something. If this move was because of a trade then Morey would wait for the two sides to agree on terms, then waive him. Let’s cut the crap about “this is DM showing a team they are serious about a move.” We are in no position to be playing poker or bluffing.

dawesome and saleem like this.
  4. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Haha. Then someone should tell Daryl Jimmy was already traded.

Chanmarr likes this.
  5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I hope so too, with some luck.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Morey has done this dance before. Asik for one.

7. Chanmarr

Chanmarr Member

Lol Would be nice!!

8. craguin

craguin Member

Or Alexey Shved for Pablo Prigioni...

RocketsTerps and mikol13 like this.
  9. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Looking at our roster Morey probably accepted this whole time that he won’t be making any trades before December 15th.

There is no way DM wouldn’t have tried to trade for Korver if all it was going to take was a couple second rounders. D’antoni went on record talkin about how he’s one of his favourite players. But we couldn’t make that trade without including NeNe before Dec 15 and probably hoped Cleveland wouldn’t trade him before then so we can do a Chriss + MCW and something for him. Daryl was probably pissed when he heard about the Utah trade.

EDIT: I believe only trade that would have worked would have been NeNe + Zhou + IH for Korver unless you were using Knights contract.

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Just judging from @Clutch's tweet....

My guess is "Team-X" has the wing depth the Rockets are targeting. And the "secondary pursuit" is the "lined up" fall back trade if Team-X doesn't play ball.

11. edwardc

edwardc Member

Never should have traded him in the first place but as we know whatever Morey has up his sleeve i hope it's good and can help right away.

12. alethios

alethios Member

This seems the more reasonable explanation for why House was waived. But I don't have any sauces to back it up.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah I think we can mark that down as a rare Morey screw up, but in the past when he's messed up, he ends up making up for it fairly quickly. Hopefully that trend keeps up and he can pull something off.

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  14. marky :)

marky :) Member

What are the possibilities of trading for Mario Hezonja? I think in our current landscape, he could finally play up to his potential.

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Hoodie Hezonja isnt going to happen, Gretchen.

16. edwardc

edwardc Member

Hopefully he does make up for it.

17. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Is this a reference to his anxiety disorder? If so, wow, that's nasty.

The late, great comedian Mitch Hedberg had a joke that went like this:

Alcoholism is a disease. But it is the only disease you can get yelled at for having. "Goddammit Otto, you're an alcoholic!" "Goddammit Otto, you have Lupus!" One of those doesn't sound right.

Funny joke and almost entirely true. What Hedberg leaves out is that struggles with mental health still come with a major stigma. You can also get "yelled at for having" bipolar disorder, major depression, major anxiety, and a variety of other mental health disorders.

If you're referring to DeRozan's struggles with anxiety and his bravery in sharing those struggles though he knew they would be misunderstood by so many let me know that so I can put you on ignore. I deeply hope I'm misreading you and will give you the benefit of the doubt until my concerns are confirmed.

Back on topic, I think DeRozan would be a perfect fit for this Rockets squad.

I have more to say about how people that struggle with mental health have been shown to be sometimes better at handling ups and downs or things others would refer to as crises because they're quite familiar with being in crisis and they've developed coping mechanisms out of necessity. The film Melancholy by Lars Von Trier is a great example of this theory. The book A First-Rate Madness by Nassir Ghaemi is even better in its case studies of how past mentally healthy leaders deal with crisis and how mentally ill leaders deal with crisis. The premise of the book is that stable leaders have historically done better presiding over times of peace and security but leaders with mental health conditions have historically done better with crisis.

Again, I deeply hope I read you wrong and that you were saying that DeRozan has low basketball IQ. I don't agree (at all) but at least if that's what you meant, it's only wrong and not terribly offensive.

18. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Deuce, I'm not saying DM isn't pursuing trades. He's always pursuing opportunities to better the team, as he should. That's his job. And to the extent there are important deadlines, there are important deadlines.

What I'm saying is that the Rockets releasing Danuel House doesn't really provide the team any additional leverage in negotiating with another team/GM. Or sending Hartenstein to the g-league, or whatever. We know, you know, everybody knows, they have the ability to create room for trades. "Oh, DM just made the room he needs.... better get him on the phone and up our offer before he does a deal with someone else!!"... that's just illogical. If there is another GM out there thinking that, he's an idiot. Even moreso when the chatter around the release is “The Rockets waived Danuel House Jr. to open a roster spot with the Rockets seeking a trade this week, a person with knowledge of the team’s plans said.".

So he's creating some room... in the event he can maybe get a deal done.... sometime this week. Where was leverage created? What has changed from 2 days ago?

Fine, ok.

And most importantly, House wasn't that good... if he was better, he'd not have been cut until they knew for sure a move was happening. Again, they play the Jazz tomorrow. Jazz are equally in a tough spot. Neither team can afford to lose games. Even a single loss - see last year's playoff picture. If House was really value added to MDA, and he had no way to replace those minutes, they couldn't afford to release him until a deal was absolutely right about to happen... not a week, or a few days beforehand, in order to try and create some extra negotiating leverage (which I don't think happened as described above).

19. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Praying for Morey to snap his current losing streak of bad/failed transactions. Our guy is in a real funk.

clutchdabear likes this.
  20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He was released because Morey is now playing with House money.

I like those odds. Things are about to start heating up.

mikol13, RudyTBag and JayZ750 like this.