1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Petition to unban Bobby The Great

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by RocketsLegend, Nov 16, 2018.

1. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Echoing this.

Pretty much the exact same sentiment. Well said.

I can’t support this decision and will be spending a lot less time on this site as a result. Weird decision making @Clutch

Yung-T likes this.
  2. Granville

Granville Member

So to be clear, we are left to assume that the precedent has been set that "hate speech" earns a 2 week temporary ban. Or as KevC is saying. That depends on who you are.

hate speech

noun
    Legal Definition of hate speech

: speech that is intended to insult, offend, or intimidate a person because of some trait (as race, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability)

Yung-T likes this.
  3. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Some hate speech or not equal. You may not like it but that's how it is in our society

4. Granville

Granville Member

Decent society sees it that way. @Clutch how do you see it?

Yung-T likes this.
  5. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

I assume a decent society also believes in second chances.

6. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Oh please regale us with your power ranking of different hate speech.

Yung-T and Harrisment like this.
  7. Granville

Granville Member

And a decent society would expect that the person begging for a second chance would show legitimate remorse and not take shots at someone else in his apology.

8. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

It's just the way our society is

Do you really believe you'll face the same repercussion at your job if you call someone a "r****d" as opposed to the N word?

9. CCorn

CCorn Member

moestavern19 likes this.
  10. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Yeah if I called his special needs child a “r****d” and say that he deserves to have said “r****d” child for being bad at his job. I’m gonna guess I’d get fired real quick at a place with any kind of decency.

Yung-T and Granville like this.
  11. Granville

Granville Member

If the person being referred to actually had a mental condition such as form of autism, I 100% would expect they would face the same fate.

Yung-T likes this.
  12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Go back to stormfront, Uncle Toshi.

Harrisment likes this.
  13. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

if a person didn't have a disabled kid and was called a "r****d" the worse that would happen is maybe a talk with the boss. Saying the N word is an instant firing.

14. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

After reading many of his posts, I wouldn’t be surprised if @Bobbythegreat was affiliated with those Neo Nazis AtomWaffen.

They are based out of Houston and have their strongest division in Texas. He spouts many of their same talking points. If he is allowed to continue here, this board may come under FBI surveillance.
    Especially once Trump is out and a president comes in who doesn’t take funding away from right wing terrorism watch groups.

15. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

A double standard does exist. It's too bad it does and I commend you for trying to raise awareness.

As for BTG I've never said he doesn't deserve to be punished for what he said I just thought a permanent ban was little too harsh especially for someone who posts here that often.

16. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Okay? Why are you posing hypotheticals not related to what actually happened here?

DonKnock and Yung-T like this.
  17. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Our conversation was about how not all hate speech is equal and I just made my case.

18. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

You’re talking to yourself then. We’re all very much talking about what Bobby did and how disgusting it is for @Clutch to let him back.

DonKnock and Yung-T like this.
  19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Some of these guys are still on the training course in the mental gymnastic olympics.

Bobby is not smart enough or well educated enough to actually pose much of a threat. His intelligence ends where San Jac junior college introductory logic classes begin. His candor is calculated and his articulation is above average, but his diatribes are always based on deeply-rooted ignorance and bigotry that is understandably hard to breed out of the trailer park.

Good try kiddo.

Rashmon, AleksandarN and DonKnock like this.
  20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

For everyone's sake stay out of the Bobby topic.

No one can stop you from being attached to Bobby and wanting him to stay, but it looks disgusting how you wiggle your way around this thread and post bullsh** pseudo excuses to preserve your right-wing buddy who made the probably most disgusting post in CF history and doesn't regret one bit of it.

At least have the decency to do that.