1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Petition to unban Bobby The Great

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by RocketsLegend, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Works for me, have a good day.

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

But insulting another poster's mentally disabled child isn't.

Cool.

RedRedemption and Yung-T like this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, I get that you are trying to bait me here, but it's not going to work. Suffice it to say that's not actually what happened, but that incident is in the past and will remain there even if it upsets you. Have a nice day.

BruceAndre likes this.
  4. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I want everyone.... to have a nice day.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Same here, there's no reason for people to not have a nice day.

6. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Stop complaining, it's @Clutch 's website. If he thinks this place should allow people to call each other's special needs children "r****ds" that's the way it will be. Who are we to have any decency?

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Are you ****ing kidding me? Why is this trash back here

#67 LosPollosHermanos, Nov 23, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
    Reeko, B-Bob, TheRealist137 and 5 others like this.
  8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Not saying I’m some special addition to this site that will be missed but I can’t post somewhere that gives a slap on the wrist to someone stooping low enough to insult special needs kids and STILL not apologizing for it. I don't think people should be banned for most reasons for the record, but this is one of them. Let that sink in---this piece of trash still hasn't apologized properly..To all the people that made this site great, best of luck.

#68 LosPollosHermanos, Nov 23, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
    Granville, xtruroyaltyx and Yung-T like this.
  9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

RE-Banned this A-hole. And....ofcourse....he comes back, Rockets lose. He is a curse on this board. It is sad that you disparage a disabled child.....and you get your post ability back.

10. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i 'member when i got suspended for like 3 months for calling someone a moron.

the times have certainly changed!

#70 jo mama, Nov 24, 2018
    B-Bob, Yung-T and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If the hammer was that quick, you'd have damn near all of those who have posted in the 5 or so threads about me banned for every single post they made in those threads and I'd no longer have a need to have an ignore list.

BruceAndre likes this.
  12. Granville

Granville Member

Unbelievable that Bobby was allowed back here after referring to my son like he did. Absolutely unbelievable.

13. Granville

Granville Member

. In this shitty apology you still take a shot at me saying I used my son as a shield. You can’t even own your own bullshit. It was your warped mind who thought I was using my son as a shield. You used that word to attack me using my son.

@Clutch please contact me via the email address I used to register for this board

#73 Granville, Nov 24, 2018
    leroy, TheRealist137 and Yung-T like this.
  14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Feel you, think a lot of people don't understand this decision and lost faith in the decision making.

You see people perma-banned for having multiple accounts or trolling (which is technically against the rules, but doesn't hurt anyone and sometimes is funny) or having extremely strong opinions ("LoFs"), but a guy that has been an absolute cancer to the board, reeks of arrogance, insults you and your kid in such a horrible manner is getting a mere two week timeout which is honestly a fart.

Really wonder what kind of thought process went into this (edit: especially when seeing that Bobby has zero remorse and is still acting like he didn't intentionally trigger you into bringing your son into the conversation. Not that it really matters, no kind of remorse would make up for what he did).

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I have loved this place, my only BBS type space on the internet, and since I benefit from the great efforts of the owner and the mods, I've been very loathe to criticize any particular decision.

But I can say this: Seeing that the sociopath is back, (no need to sugarcoat the reality of all evidence from the guy), posting at will, even with the ignore function intact, makes me want to spend a lot less time here. Maybe that's for my own good anyway, just spending less time online in general.

Cheers, all. And @Granville, sorry that you have to see this decision, knowing everything I know about you now.

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

[​IMG]
    See, it ain't like that. You will still see very many threads get ruined, other well-meaning posters spending time arguing against ridiculous positions or derails.

Honestly, I'm taking a long time-out over this. Seriously. I'll come back closer to when my next book is due out. Y'all take good care, and GO ROCKETS!

Yung-T likes this.
  17. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Wow, I assumed @Clutch at least talked to you before he let him back on. You know, just the base level human decency, but I guess he didn’t even do that. Despicable.

Tonaaayyyy and Yung-T like this.
  18. Granville

Granville Member

No, he hasn't. I'm left to assume that Clutch doesn't equal calling someone with mental challenges that word as offensive as calling an African American the N word. I'm certain the N word used in that fashion would earn a perma ban.

19. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I wouldn’t be so sure. Depends on who says it. There are certain protected members here when it comes to this stuff.

For the record, I think calling someone’s special needs child a “r****d” and suggesting that it was some sort karma is way worse than the N word as it requires more viciously personal attack, rather than saying just saying a vile word ignorantly. IMO.

20. jcf

jcf Member

Really hope you stick around. Enjoy your posts. Now, I have to dig through your history and figure out if you have let us know what books you have written. I would love to pick one up. Is it public knowledge?