1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Car accident questions.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ThatBoyNick, Nov 1, 2018.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Got hit today with my wife and baby in the car. We were parked on the street in a neighborhood and a real estate agent reversed into us while leaving her driveway, left the car with a large dent, and banged us up a little (headaches, body aches), but for the most part nothing too serious so far, we will be pursuing a pain and suffering settlement though.

My question is, should I look into hiring a lawyer for the pain and suffering settlement or should I wait and see what the adjuster will be offering?

I do plan on asking for a decent amount, (not sure how much though) due to having my wife and child in the car, even more so my wife is currently pregnant (very early). I know it's impossible to gauge with little detail, but if anybody has been in similar situations, any advice on the ballpark range I should be seeking would be appreciated as well.

Thanks.

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Always go with a lawyer if you can afford it.

Deckard and Jontro like this.
  3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Not a lawyer, but I have watched a lot of Law and Order. I suggest not posting something like:

"banged us up a little (headaches, body aches), but for the most part nothing too serious so far, we will be pursuing a pain and suffering settlement though."

on a public forum. :)

Reeko, desihooper, Granville and 13 others like this.
  4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Why not? When I said nothing too serious I mean we're all alive, no broken bones etc. Our symptoms (knee/neck/back pain) definitely warrant a pain and injury settlement.

5. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

Lawyer for sure

6. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Delete all of this nephew.

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

We would have to do a percentage of the settlement deal, we don't have the money to pay one up front.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Do you want to get paid!? delete! DELETE!!

Jontro, CCity Zero and amaru like this.
  9. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

10. likestohypeguy

Ithink an attorney will get you more even after his 1/3 cut (taken from your settlement, won't have to pay anything up front).

They will also have you all evaluated by not necessarily a scam doctor, but one whose conclusions will be settlement enhancing. You have to go to all The treatments to maximize this. The treatments will be legit, and actually very helpful.

Go with a big firm, one willing to pay for all that, take all the time ito takes (you have to be patient) andprepared to go to trial in case you get lowballed. Not just take the best offer no matter what.

Good luck, and get well- sometimes you are more hurt than you initially realize.

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Thanks for the reply, when you say you recommend going with a big firm, do you have any specific recommendations? I'm in the Houston area.

12. likestohypeguy

No It was too long ago sorry I can't, but you can tell. Talk to a few of them, ask them about their process, make sure there's all the medical evals and treatments involved.

13. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

I used one a couple years ago and my wife and i got like $7k total after the lawyers cut and the doctors cut. I can forward the info if she remembers.

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Yes, hire a lawyer and sue them for millions. Make sure you press charges for wreckless driving, Enjoy the millions my friend you can now retire

15. body slam

body slam Member

and people what to know why insurance cost so much

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Get ready for 4 years of waiting, half dozen useless doctors visits and dangerous injection to your back for the sole purpose of greed. You'll miss work for this and the only winner will be your lawyer.

Enjoy your $9,000

#16 REEKO_HTOWN, Nov 2, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
  17. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

How fast was she backing out of her parking lot?

You better go to ijustgothit.com

OK.....

18. what

what Member

It's really hard to tell. If the insurance company plays hard ball, hire an attorney is your only choice. In most cases though, if you go to the doctor, provide the necessary papers on lost wages, etc, you'll probably make more money by not hiring an attorney.

I got $6500 for my accident injuries. I went to the chiropractor for a month, I provided bank statements for lost wages, and everything they needed.

The thing is though IF the insurance company plays hardball with you, hiring a laywer is your only choice. You do not want to go to court and represent yourself. Believe me.

Jontro and ThatBoyNick like this.
  19. luckystrikes

luckystrikes Member

How about taking an Aleve and calling it a day?

20. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

MyBoyNick finna get paid!!