1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Ah here we go again. The same guy who said Paul George was a lock is now saying KD is a lock. We don't care.

2. HP3

HP3 Member

I can appreciate this, but as of right now, theres no reason to believe he is going to LA at all. But we'll find out for sure as the season goes on. Right now, nah man I dont see it at all.

3. Maverick Floor

Yes, I'm the same guy. But did I get the Lebron part correct? That's a huge part you're omitting.

And how is that any different from Cyberx admitting one of his source was wrong?

I admitted that PG13 didn't work out. We should all know by now, especially reading this thread, that things change in an instant and things people hear may just be part of an agenda. Just because something doesn't pan out, doesn't mean it was never discussed or was never true.

The Lakers are after the biggest of stars. When Kawhi became available, they pivoted to pursue him. Does that mean PG13 to LA was a lie? No, it just meant things changed.

Back in the day, a Charles Barkley trade from the 76ers to the Lakers was agreed upon, but at the last minute, was squashed. Does that mean it never happened? No, things changed in an instant.

I shared what I knew about LeBron and PG13 in the past. One worked out, one didn't. It happens! All I know is I some times get to hear some cool stuff behind the scenes because of the industry I'm in and some times pass it along.

I don't care about being an insider or having credibility here on this site. But if you're gonna give a pass for Cyber for having one wrong source, how do you not apply that to anyone else who share their info?

4. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

We. don't. care. This isn't LakersGround. We aren't after Kevin Durant nor Anthony Davis. This is a thread about Jimmy Butler. Take it somewhere else like a Lakers forum.

5. Maverick Floor

That's fair. It really doesn't look like it right now from fans perspective.

Plus, I don't know why he does it. It doesn't make sense to me for all the reasons we are all bringing up. I just know what I heard.

Definitely will be an interesting year for the entire league.

malakas likes this.
  6. Maverick Floor

Ok, thanks.

I didn't bring up the Lakers.

I think it was Cyber who did. You going to kick him out too?

Moleb likes this.
  7. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Are you seriously comparing yourself to him? You overrate your importance around here.

8. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Nothing about KD to LA makes sense, The Warriors can throw all the money he wants (bird rights), He's the best player on a championship team, on a top 5 market in the US, and to sacrifice that for taking less money and the reward of arguably being the THIRD best player on his team?

This is why I think its inevitable, KD to LA was planned out YEARS in advance. He calls himself "The Servant", so he'll do anything massa nike/silver wants him to do.

9. Maverick Floor

No, man, I'm not comparing myself to Cyber at all.

All I'm saying is why am I getting ousted because I'm talking Lakers? Other people have been talking Lakers, I just contributed what I know.

All I'm saying is if you're kicking someone out because you don't want to hear about the Lakers, wasn't it Cyber who brought them up? Are you going to kick him out to too? Obviously not.

Besides, I was reeling it back in to the Rockets and Jimmy Butler info.

No, I'm no Cyber or Cod.

Possum and malakas like this.
  10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Holic go home!!!

11. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

My sources say KD to NY. Bigger market. Bigger lines to read between.

Your move.

topfive likes this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There are virtually no locks with a Free Agency system and a Trade System in a league such as this.

malakas likes this.
  14. malakas

malakas Member

Coincidentally I listened to a Windhorst podcast this morning and he said what this guy is saying. That Lebron and Durant have come very close and they suspect it is a sign that Lebron is courting him to come to LA.

D-rock likes this.
  15. topfive

topfive CF OG

How about a short explanation, then, to prove the total lack of irony? ;)

Holic said, regarding Tolliver, that he "was almost a Rocket last week." No matter how you parse that, it's impossible to point it toward a date months in the future. There's a difference.

D-rock and DonKnock like this.
  16. Vivi

Vivi Member

I'd like to think Durant would never go to the Lakers to play with Lebron cause like malakas said that move would cement him as the biggest coward ever...the problem here is i think he already is the biggest coward ever so, i can actually see him go there.

D-rock, bballjunkie, joshuaao and 4 others like this.
  17. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

man, get off @Maverick Floor . @basketballholic has been here long enough and has earned a reputation. This guy joined last year and was 1 of 2. And the miss was PG that EVERYBODY missed on. Even PG's mom bought a house in LA thinking they were moving (jk). Very few said he would stay in OKC. I'm not saying trust the guy 100%, just quit being douche-y or no body will come.

Maverick Floor likes this.
  18. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

KD has made it very clear he doesn't care much about what the fans and NBA world at large think of his moves. I can definitely see him going to LA if he wants to play with LeBron.

Reeko likes this.
  19. topfive

topfive CF OG

He's not even bothering to change his tone anymore. "It's a different name, they'll never notice." Weird.

D-rock, RudyTBag and don grahamleone like this.
  20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

cyberx and cod brought up the Lakers in relation to the Butler trade, since any competing offers is relevant to the Rockets.

The idea is to follow the Thread Title; otherwise, it becomes a Random Trade Idea thread, or (almost worse) other thread-worthy news gets buried here, vs getting its own thread (a pet-peeve of Clutch). Why don't you start a thread in the Dish about the Lakers (or whoever), and share what you know. Or if you're shy about starting threads (like Codman is), there will be a KD thread in the Dish where you can drop it.

I'm sure ppl will appreciate it. Better yet, like cyberx, start a thread about Rockets news in the GARM. But, those can go South real quite. Good luck and God speed.