1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Last chance for the Phoenix Suns -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

It's Time For Trump To Provide the Proof

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Oct 15, 2018.

1. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

she was listed as a minority by University of Pennsylvania. Why would they think that? Because of her claimed 'high cheek bones'?

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...rity-status/eE56vLDeZLvRpnAnqNqvGM/story.html

harvard still has this report claiming shes native american. wonder why they thought that?

https://www.thecrimson.com/article/1996/10/22/survey-diversity-lacking-at-hls-pa/

Again all she had to do was say 'I'd always been told I was native AMerican. I guess someone in my family got confused '. Nobody would of cared. Or she could of gotten the DNA test and said 'I guess Im not Native American, Im sorry to all the Native Americans whose heritage i exploited along the way. '

Instead this moron is sticking to her story even though shes been handed proof otherwise. so dumb.

Personally, Her heritage is meaningless, but apparently she thinks it matters. Shes a white person, she shouldn't be so ashamed of it.

#21 tallanvor, Oct 15, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    ipaman likes this.
  2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Exactly. The fact that The Donald, expert level troll, continues to get folks to play with his rules in mind boggling. They need to wise up.

Space Ghost likes this.
  3. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

This didnt go down well for the OP.

Regardless of what percentage she could be, its left up to the legit First Nations to decide what they consider acceptable. And at first glance, she does not qualify by their standards.

I personally don't care if she apologizes for the mistake. However she should absolutely stop defending her claim. In an era where being 'presidential' is now very important, she is acting exactly like Hillary and Trump.

4. Nook

Nook Member

Elizabeth Warren can lie about any and everything and it won't matter........ because she still will not have lied as much as Donald Trump.

The good thing about being an habitual liar and all around scumbag is that you can lie about something and it dies down because people expect it from you. The bad part is that when your opponent lies, you cannot get any leverage on it because no one believes it or care because said lie is nothing compared to the lied told by the scumbag habitual liar.

So, Trump and his followers can call Warren, McCain or anyone else a liar....... and it really doesn't matter because it is coming from the most notorious lying scumbag (Trump).

It is like a kiddie toucher telling a pick pocket to straighten his life out.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

6. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe the white supremacists will stop endorsing trump and jump on this lady's train.

7. HTM

HTM Member

Terrible move by Warren.

Once you dig deeper than the headlines, the facts show she doesn't qualify as a NA by pretty much any standard.

This will backfire.

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Would have been better to put this test out along with a statement more along the lines of what some in here have suggested, which is that while there is some native american dna in her it's not as much as her family tradition led her to believe. That would seem a very acceptable and common situation for many Americans.

Instead she has turned this into a bigger issue.

I actually think it's good for Democrats though as I don't think she is a very appealing candidate and would run a high chance of getting whipped by Trump.

Bobbythegreat and jcf like this.
  9. TheresTheDagger

Thread rating: 1.3 out of 10

10. jcf

jcf Member

I read that the university at which she was working had to justify (so paperwork) hiring a Caucasian woman to fill the position -- so at least that university knew the truth. It also shows she didn't "identify" as Native American.

Later, she somehow became Native American

Has anyone done one of those DNA tests? My guess is that a LOT of us have a more diverse genetic history than we know.

This doesn't take away from the Trump issue, but it certainly seems like she claimed minority status to help herself. Who was the woman that claimed she was African American and got pilloried when it came out that she wasn't?

11. jcf

jcf Member

No. It assisted the universities in showing diversity employment.

12. TheresTheDagger

13. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jesus. A liberal could claim the sun rises in the east, and somehow you guys would turn it into proof of treason followed by a stirring defence of the western sunrise.

Cherokee Nation has always been extremely hostile and distrustful of DNA, for reasons that have nothing to do with Elizabeth Warren and everything to do with scientifically justified genocide. The sample size of native American genome is terrible, because the native governments made a unified policy to not part ip cipate in any studies. I dont believe trump and Warren made a bet about Chrerokee Nation citizenship, only native american genetic heritage.

#33 Ottomaton, Oct 15, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    pgabriel likes this.
  14. TheresTheDagger

I keep looking for the criticism of "you guys" in his statement. Having difficulty finding it.

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It’s funny how strongly people disagree on what this DNA test proves, with each side confident that it confirms their pro-Warren or anti-Warren beliefs. Did this change anyone’s mind at all?

There is apparently no evidence that she benefited from claiming this connection in terms of career advancement, and that’s the only thing that should matter.

If she wants to claim some connection to NAs based on her personal family history, again why should any of us care? The degree to which people care about or take pride in their ancestry varies by individual. The significance of descending from some particular people generations ago is completely subjective.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  16. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

MSM is claiming that Trump offered a million dollars to charity of her choice if she took a DNA test and had NA ancestry. This is fake news.

I watch every single Trump rally and public speech in its entirety and I remember the incident they are mischaracterizing VERY clearly. He said he hoped she ran for president, and if he ever found himself on a debate stage with her, he would present her with a DNA kit and offer her a million dollars if tests showed she had NA DNA.

BIG difference from what the fake news is reporting, but twisting things and lying is par for the course with them.

I'd wager she already took the commercially available DNA tests like 23andme and AncestryDNA and they showed zero NA ancestry before commissioning another from this expert, looking, begging, for any non-white DNA markers.

17. TheresTheDagger

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with this completely. It would have been a perfect way to spin the situation and most people would be sympathetic to her believing what she was told and now acknowledging that it was false. I'm not sure why she decided to play the results as confirming her claims when they clearly do not.

19. adoo

adoo Member

ur all mixed up

it has been her political opponents, Scot Brown and Putin's useful idiot, in an attempt to diminish her accomplishment,
    who had been making it an issue.

20. TheresTheDagger