1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Fantastic Beasts: Crimes of Grindlewald

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Sep 25, 2018.

1. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Didn't see a thread for the sequel, not a die hard fan of the Potterverse but figured some would be interested......

boomboom likes this.
  2. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Thanks for posting. I like all of the Potterverse movies. They're usually a fun ride and nice, short exit from reality.

Plus, Balls of Fury FTW!

GRENDEL likes this.
  3. Jontro

Jontro Member

looks good. hopefully dumbledore is a badass when he's young.

so is this movie why the marvel movies have b-level cgi? because all the good special effects people were hired for this?

4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Of course I first read the title.. Fantastic BREASTS

GRENDEL, Xerobull and boomboom like this.
  5. PhiSlammaJamma

The last movie went in the wrong direction. This looks a little darker. More interesting. The fat guy doesn't add anything. Cast is pretty good tho'. We'll see where it goes from here.

6. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Love the Harry Potter-verse and thoroughly enjoyed Fantastic Beasts. My only complaint is Johnny Depp. All I see right now is Johnny Depp, not Grindewald. And I just have Depp fatigue. Would have preferred Colin Farrell. Otherwise, the trailer definitely hits all the right notes.

fba34, GRENDEL and boomboom like this.
  7. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

8. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Yup! This is the big reveal.

9. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

bobmarley likes this.
  10. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Translation of article: Not enough Asian or Minority actors in Potter Verse.

Movie casts Asian actress.

New complaint: Asian actress cast in role that turns her into a snake and that's not right.

Celebrity Asian: That's racist to cast her as a snake.

*Nobody interviews are talks to Asian actress that probably really enjoyed the role as a chance of a lifetime.

hieuytran likes this.
  11. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Follow up: Nobody complained when white guys cast as guys that turn into rats and dogs in original movies.

12. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

Had Depp-fatigue for last few years running but now that he's in a bit of a dump stretch, am rooting for the rich dude to keep being rich.
    Also I liked how they're standing by Depp, especially Rowling, regarding stuff with his ex.

13. PhiSlammaJamma

I watched that Carson Dailey late show last night for no apparent reason. First, that guy Carson is getting paid to do nothing, But second, the Ruppert character was being interviewed by some chick Jamila Jamella who was off the rails. I kinda liked her actually, but she was really pushing Ruppert to do stuff he didn't want to do like rap and dance. He'd say no. And she'd say yes you are. The whole thing was bit uncomfortable, but the Ruppert kid I generally thought had grown up and I think he's going to be an decent actor. First time I seen him since Potter.

14. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Ronald Wesley...WHERE HAVE YOU BEAN?