1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

No, Tyus Jones but it would still be a ridiculously great work of the dark side of the force.

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

That would be because salary wise it would be impossible lol.

No it's J.Johson and Tyus Jones (who's IMO better then T.Johnson). Due to Johnsons contract, I don't think it's far off value wise.

luckyman76 likes this.
  3. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Interesting with Sac emerging as a possible 3rd team

lionaire likes this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

settle down Nostradamus...bet u said the same thing about OKC and Paul George...

Why not? likes this.
  5. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

That is a great damn trade. What if we excluded Miami altogether and included Sac.

Minny: Gordon, *Knight, *Koufos, Nene, 2 2nds
    Houston: Butler, *Teague, *Jones (TPE)
    Sac- *Dieng, *2 1sts,

*Second trade

We effectively replace Gordon in a person in the right role and have a backup PG and have the TP MLE for later for a frontcourt buyout. How does Minny value getting rid of Dieng? Miami's offer there beats ours if they don't. I would definitely want your trade if we failed on this one.

P.S. Dieng emoji tripped me up.

#1425 luckyman76, Sep 25, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
  6. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Every team has a smart GM. This is where I think Morey can separate himself. He has already discussed these deals with Sac. They were lined up for Ryno and they want to deal. The overwhelming key here is how badly Minny wants to get out of that Dieng contract. Who is willing to dump 1sts to do it other than us. We value our 1sts less than anyone else because we are not likely developing players. Our 1sts have less value than others so they are less likely to trade them. Sac is missing a 1st so there is a good bond there in offering something not many others can or will. Others can definitely beat our offer but are not offering anything earth shattering. I never believed and still don't this deal would work for us but this is the only shot it could where we are not outgunned. If dropping salary is important to Minny we can win in a truncated match. If it is at all possible we need to win this or at least follow ThatBoyNick's path to pulling something from this. I love converting assets. That Ryno trade freed us.

7. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Oh I agree with you he's better. That's even more impossible then lol

8. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

What???? Covington couldn't shoot when he was with us? there were videos of him on instagram hitting 20 straight threes in training camp. He had the form and the touch, he just didn't have the minutes to do it consistently.

Dude, we kept Francisco Garcia over him. At the time me and @Von Rafer (diff acc at the time) were on his dick and thought he was our future starting SF. When he started doing good with Philly we were not surprised in the slightest.

jcf and lionaire like this.
  9. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

Yea but will the Rockets even have anywhere near a max contract available?

10. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I think the best way to approach this Jimmy Butler situation is to abandon all hope of getting him so that if we do we're ecstatic and if we don't then no harm done. I didn't believe LeBron had any shot at coming here at all because, like now, it didn't really seem to make sense for the parties involved.

I only hope that being shopped so openly doesn't have a negative effect on Eric Gordon. It must hurt extra bad to hear that PJ can't be traded because he's "too valuable to the team" while Eric's just freely being dangled out there as bait. I'd be thinking "Well if he's so important then what am I?"

saleem and BigggReddd like this.
  11. gravityonme

gravityonme Member

Man, if Sac take Dieng that big man logjam is going to be disgusting.

lionaire likes this.
  12. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Not sure exactly how the trade would be structured but the kings could eat around 11 million. Looking at the trade machine we could do something like:

Rockets get Butler
    Kings get Dieng, 2019 first from hou
    Timberwolves get Gordon, Nene, Shumpert, Hou 2020 1st rd pick

This gives MASSIVE salary cap savings for next for twolves as well as a good player in Gordon to resign after they use cap space on another great player that fits wiggins/towns timeline.

I would do this if I were the wolves and the rockets...no clue why the kings would though. Lol

13. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

knight cant be traded combined with another player yet.

saleem likes this.
  14. jch1911

jch1911 Member

SAC: Gorgui Dieng (MN) + HOU 2021 2nd + HOU 2019 1st + rights to Gentille (HOU) + HOU 2020 2nd
    MN: Eric Gordon (HOU) + Willie Caulie-Stein (SAC) + Nene (HOU) + HOU 2021 1st (top 15 protected) + rights to Vince Edwards (HOU)
    HOU: Jimmy Butler (MN) + Tyus Jones (MN) into TPE

Right after that trade is consummated. Houston sends Marquese Chriss to MN in a one on one deal for Nene.

Sacramento picks up a reserve big man to let its youth shine. It gets a 1st and 2 2nds for doing so. Plus they dump malcontent WCS.

Minny gets KAT's running buddy (WCS) + floor spreader Gordon + up & coming defensive reserve (Chriss) + 1st round pick + possible depth at SF (Edwards). Plus saves about $10M.

HOU adds Buckets & Tyus Jones (so can move Knight after he is healed and shows what he is capable of). Also "gets the band back together" by trading Chriss for Nene. Although I can understand not reacquiring Nene, I think it makes for good optics with future free agents.

CP3 (30) - T. Jones (18) - Knight
    Beard (30) - GG3 (10) - MCW
    Buckets (30) - Menace (24) - Clark
    Melo (24) - Friar Tuck (24) - Heart&Soul (4)
    Capela (30) - Nene (10) - Qi (4)

Ship

minis9 likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dang. Minny potentially get raped again. What a messy situation.

16. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

That's why I starred it as a second trade conducted simultaneously. The only restriction on him is that his salary cannot be combined in trade until 10/31. The NBA doesn't care about multiple trades with the same teams as long as it meets the CBA requirements. You'll notice that I had Tyus Jones in there to us using the TPE. That also works because alone he meets the requirements.

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

We would have his Bird Rights, we could give him a max deal. The only issue is Tilman’s wallet.

John Harvey likes this.
  18. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

Well I love landing JB if we could, but JB isn't the only max. Melo is up for a new contract too. He's not a max guy but he's around 7 mils or more for 1 to 2 yrs.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Is the Tillman even ready/willing to pay Butler? Or is it acquire Butler, make one year run with him then whatever happens happens? @Carl Herrera @Codman

20. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

That's why I had Minny taking back Koufos. Randolph is expiring. That is how they plan to clear up their logjam. They know they cannot get stars to go there and just have to keep undoing the messes they have made while some of their players develop. They draft several players for a position, mainly front court, hoping one will pan out. They save their cap space so they can beg any player to take their money which mostly means they will have the frontcourt players and hope to buy a guard of wing. Basically, everyone else's plan not drafting talent. You can't make chicken salad out of chicken ****.

DonKnock likes this.