1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

If Jimmy demands a trade the teams willing to give up something significant for him should be:
    Houston. Lakers. Raptors. Celtics. Philly. Thunder. Pelicans. Blazers. Wizards.

He could probably elevate teams like Utah, Denver, Indiana into a higher tier but I think those teams are very comfortable with the direction they’re headed and would prefer to keep their young pieces. Golden State won’t trade anyone worthy. I’m pretty sure the rest of the teams in the league would have little interest in rolling the dice with a trade.

The Lakers’ incentive would be to pair another star with Lebron but since their roster are either young players they weren’t willing to surrender for a star they can pursue next summer or players they can’t trade until December, they’re out of the convo for now.

Celtics’ main incentive would be because he’s tight with Kyrie, which could mean they both re-sign. I don’t see them willing to part with Brown or Tatum for him though, in which case they probably don’t see enough minutes for him even if they can snag him with picks and filler.

Philly. They’d look to add a star. Their package would have to be picks and filler.

Pelicans. Help keep AD happy? They’d have to get him without losing anyone important so best part of their package would have to be their pick.

Blazers. Same as Pelicans. They want to add to their team, not replace. So since they won’t part with CJ or Dame their best asset is their pick.

Wizards. I have no idea how this team would approach this. Not that they can’t, just don’t know where the front office’s heads at.

Thunder. Scott Brooks will pretty much get rid of anyone besides Westbrook and PG13. Andre and Adams ages both suit Twolves’ team. Not the most ideal fit. They could also get a player like Huestis, Abrines or a draft pick.

Raptors. I think they’d be the favourites. Makes most sense. Jimmy and Kawhi may end up leading to each other staying in Toronto. Or they come off the books at the same time. Raps have assets like OG and Siakam, couple other young names.

Houston. After making that list it’s not as far off as I thought with a package revolving around EG. It’ll come down to what Minnesota really wants. A player that is in his prime and ready to contribute but will only be good for another 2 years, or assets to continue building your team with and mid first round to late lottery picks.

2. lionaire

lionaire Member

Knicks, Lakers, ?????

Bobsputin, joshuaao, Deuce and 11 others like this.
  3. BeardedWonder

BeardedWonder Member

He has requested!!!

DonKnock and BigMaloe like this.
  4. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

You wrote all that while I was typing mine. Haha. We’re close to being on the same page. Only I think the Raps makes sense

Moleb and saleem like this.
  5. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

One to three?!? But whoooooo......

DonKnock and JuNx like this.
  6. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Three teams!? Who??

7. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Shambomb.

DonKnock and BigMaloe like this.
  8. bawanyh

bawanyh Member

are we 1 of them?

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Rockets

[​IMG]

hakeem94, DonKnock, lionaire and 6 others like this.
  10. mrm32

mrm32 Member

DonKnock, BigMaloe, Moleb and 2 others like this.
  11. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

SLEEVES!

DonKnock likes this.
  12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Rockets, Lakers, Knicks?

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

This is the biggest point wrt the Lakers. Out of the primary players for Butler, Lakers (just like with Kawhi) don't need to give up anything...since they have the cap-space.
    1. Teams with capspace are not the teams who trade for rentals.

Second point not getting enough attention.

2. This is a cyberx thread. He's a Lakers fan. He isn't saying anything about LA pursuing Butler.

clutchdabear, hakeem94 and DonKnock like this.
  14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

15. bawanyh

bawanyh Member

I wonder who will b his priority 1

DonKnock and matchesmalone like this.
  16. bratna8

bratna8 Member

“It was Houston everything for me,” said Butler, who grew up in Tomball, roughly 30 miles from Houston’s city center. “Whatever sport I was in love with at the time, I wanted to be playing for the Houston Rockets, Houston Astros, Houston Texans. I was Houston to the death.”

17. Ericonomist

Ericonomist Member

Probably Celtics, Lakers, and Knicks. He's very close with Kyrie.

18. icewill36

icewill36 Member

im dying to know the teams.... im sure the lakers are one of them......celtics and knicks?

19. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Gotta be Lakers, rockets, and.......

This is looking like its gonna happen

#itshappening.gif

DonKnock and JuNx like this.
  20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Please please please be on the list!

DonKnock, matchesmalone and BigMaloe like this.