1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CBS Sports: Offseason Grade for Every Team. Rockets Are Worst at C-

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigBum, Sep 8, 2018.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This piece of story gets an F. That is where.

2. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Or somehow traded Ryan Anderson for Kevin Durant. That might have given Warriors and Rockets both B-.

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I think we are surprised by how violently the perception of Carmelo has swung to the gutter after one season with Russ. Melo was considered a big three player just one season ago! If you can't win with Westbrook, you are automatically considered trash.

I will be hate watching OKC again. can't wait.

Hui, slothy420, BigMaloe and 4 others like this.
  4. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

rocketsballin sports: offseason grade for every sports reporting groups. cbs sports are worst at F-

jeevinesh likes this.
  5. House Rockets

House Rockets Member

That story is Bull$#!+ with a capital "B". I will never understand how media members think that just because they open up their mouths and give a completely stupid and uninformed opinion about a team, that they obviously have a biased against, makes that opinion somehow valid simply because they say it is. I remember hearing when the Astros went on their championship run how every team we played was supposed to beat us handily. In the words of George Springer, "How did that work out?" The rockets just have to do the same thing and they will shut up, but I admit, it gets really annoying to hear the same narrative crap at the start of every season.

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

haha he is a terrible writer or at least a terrible thinker

7. hakeemthagreat

It's funny. Melo gets all the blame for the Thunder having a bad season, but how about Westbrook? It seems they're protecting WB more than anything. Next year the blame will be PG

jeevinesh likes this.
  8. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Westbrook hype never fails to baffle me. The guy sucks

slothy420, luckyman76 and topfive like this.
  9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Sounds like @hakeem94 needs to start an official thread for this:

[2019 Official] Watching Dreamshook hate-watch OKC again Thread

[edit] added the year for @napalm06

10. baubo

baubo Member

CBS prediction model had something like Melo dropping our win total by several games. If they’re using that at least they are consistent.

I prefer someone having actual opinions and sticking by them rather than ESPN which talks both sides and pretend they both like your team and hate your team so they get everyone riled up.

topfive likes this.
  11. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

That's so devastating a C-. Only Joey Dorsey would stick that report card on his refrigerator.

hakeem94, BigShasta and topfive like this.
  12. penny1magic

penny1magic Member

I actually like the negative view on the rockets every year cause we always prove them wrong...heck if we would have got lebron it would have been oh he is too old not enough balls in houston , lebron cant shoot, or if we got cousins it would have been he's to slow bad attitude curry is gonna have a field day on switches its a horrible fit, but the warriors get him and its OMG cousins is a superstar he's honna fit perfectly(till paul, or harden got him on a island isolating him)... Same old story with the outside world but i like it..ariza seriously? I love him no doubt just like I'll always love bev, scola, sura , hayes, but seriously! Ennis will do just fine taking his spot I'll go as far and say mcw will take on moutes role if given a chance.. Long and can give people fits... C- ok come march take that c- and c us taking first place again, and watching us pick from the buyout market ariza? Haha..not even mentioning what morey can add at the trade deadline..

Prediction
    Knight and chriss along with ennis will surprise everyone...melo will have the last laugh at the media and all the doubters..also clutchfans will love/hate mcw...

Law of attraction

don grahamleone and BigShasta like this.
  13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Whew, thanks.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Bulletin board this ish. They been hating for years, nothing new here

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Based on Ryan's presence on the court last season, cant really blame them.

16. StevieCrossover

Rockets loss:
    Ryan Anderson
    Trevor Ariza
    Melton

Rockets gainz:
    Ennis
    Carmelo Anthony
    Brandon Knight
    Marquese Chriss
    MCW

I think the gains are better than the loss. But we will see this season. B+ For me. Rockets didnt sign Lebron James so I cant give A+ Rating.

17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Because people are being delusional homers.

If Melo went to Lakers we would be saying the exact same thing the res of the country is saying about him and the Lakers.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I would give them a C.

As of today, this team is not better or even as good as last season's and Chris Paul is a year older.

19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

damn 2 A+ seasons in a row, just give them the championship already

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Capela went to a different level in the playoffs, so no reason not to believe he won't take another leap this year, simply by improving via the confidence that gave him. Also, Harden/Paul have a year under their belt, so no reason to think they won't play even better together this year. I'm sure they do, along with MDA.

You can look at Paul one year older being bad, or Paul/Harden in their 2nd year together being better.

#40 heypartner, Sep 8, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2018