1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade Ryan Anderson to Suns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Aug 30, 2018.

?

Do you like the Rockets trade of Anderson & Melton to Phoenix for Brandon Knight & Marquese Chriss?

Poll closed Sep 14, 2018.
  1. YES

663 vote(s)
    85.9%
  2. NO

109 vote(s)
    14.1%
  1. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

No,

actually he had a reputation of being a dirty player, which why l like him the most in this trade.

bmelo likes this.
  2. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Only Morey could trade the Anderson contract, without giving up a first, for a lottery pick on their rookie deal!

And that’s the second best player we got ;)

3. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I wonder if either of these guys are still going to be with the team when training camp starts

Bobsputin, Vivi and Nook like this.
  4. BackdoorHarden

The MELTON ERA is over???? WTF too sooon

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Actually don’t hate the deal.

Losing DAM sucks. But we don’t send out a first, which is arguably better going into mid-season. (If it were the other way around, losing a first while having the risk of DAM under/not performing gets us little powder going forward.)

Knight’s contract is not small, not expiring, but still only 3/4 of Ryno’s, has to be at least easier to move. We do keep our 1st. Many trade options going forward.

Like Knight as CP backup. Great hammy insurance. Chris’s was lottery pick, I’m sure Morey was not too low on him. Good back-up at 5 at times (filling the void of Black) and also fits into Morey’s system-change buy-low strategy.

We spared a portion of MLE without signing DAM, I think our GM gets some idea of what the buyout market will turn out to be.

At first glance quite lukewarm deal but not hurting the team at all. I tend to think that our variance is lower with the deal.

The only ongoing question mark is that defensive wing that everybody has been talking about.

amaru, slothy420 and D-rock like this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, he's really terrible offensively, but at least he doesn't play any defense whatsoever.

amaru, Vivi and Nook like this.
  7. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Wow Morey always gets the job done. And he almost always come out on top.

Great trade.

8. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Character don't win games.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Yep. I’d put $50 on it.

forchette49 likes this.
  10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Hate trading Melton for two known busts. We’ll see what Morey does.

Sad offseason.

Little Bit, Zboy and RudyTBag like this.
  11. eyhab27

eyhab27 Contributing Member

I trust you more...

UTKaluman597 likes this.
  12. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Phoenix is not a good organization to develop under right now.

Chriss will look awesome here.

D-rock, hakeem94, BigMaloe and 5 others like this.
  13. BackdoorHarden

Chriss Averaged over 17 points and 10 rebounds during the month of APRIL

UPSIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

luckyman76, D-rock, hakeem94 and 6 others like this.
  14. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

True! Very true. But this is the same mentality that morey has that keeps us from stealing players like kawhii. Hope it doesnt come back to bite us in the arse. Wouldnt have been so bad if we retained Deng Adel also. Morey is somethin else.

D-rock likes this.
  15. j@amc

j@amc Member

If the Rockets can point Chriss in the right direction, he can match what Bell was giving GS in the playoffs. No one outside of Clint could keep him off the glass. Chriss can match him athletically, and I think we can make the offensive choices for Chriss super simple.

Knight gives us a legitimate PG if healthy. He can get us into sets, score if need be, and cover on the perimeter.

Melton will be a fine rookie. And like others good in a few years (maybe),. Since we have Gordon and Green, the minutes would have been scarce.

D-rock, UTSA2step and Why not? like this.
  16. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

They gave on Chriss pretty fast, I like his potential especially with teams style.

Knight is low risk, high reward, if he can comeback from that injury the way that he played before.. he can be an exceptional back up. If not, it’s not like Ryno was playing.

Melton looked good, but he was a 46th pick. Let’s not over value him, we were talking about giving up Gordon to drop Ryno off, compared to that, this is magnificent.

Y2JT, BHannes2BHonest, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  17. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Chriss will be a mf'in beast with Harden/Paul at the point. Mark it down: This kid will look like the second coming of Amare next season

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Who wants to create a 20M Deadweight Salary Appreciation thread?

19. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

It was that or future first round picks... what I don’t like is that we still have a bad contract in Brandon Knight.

20. Bids9

Bids9 Member

This is pretty much what it comes down to for me. We have all our firsts available, we now have a more salary friendly / bad contract to trade in Knight, if not he can backup CP3 and we all know we need to give him some more rest.

On-trading Knight with 1sts in the future should be slightly easier than trying to trade Ryno.

Im bummed about losing Melton and wish him well, hopefully Chriss can get his **** together

Overall im ok with it

D-rock likes this.