1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Capela wants $100m/4yrs. Rockets offering $60m/4yrs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Jul 10, 2018.

1. eyhab27

eyhab27 Contributing Member

For KL I imagine you can't throw in RA. Others perhaps you could, especially in the Love trade scenario.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He will try...
    [​IMG]

3. HardenMvp

HardenMvp Member

So you’re basically telling him to shut up and play and be happy with the 60 million lmao yeh ok. I hope Capela gets 25 mill per year. It effects the owners not you. We are over the cap anyway.

4. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

It’s about timing. If he was a free agent when Anderson was, he would get 25 million easily. Problem is all the teams blew there money on sub par players due to a cap spike.

The market drives the price and he is in a rough market.

5. Fantasma Negro

What the whole ****?! To run the floor and catch lops?! He doesn't even have a jump shot but he want a hundred million dollars?! **** you Clint!! Lol. Its now painfully obvious that Clint's agent was the one that started the Phx max rumors smh. Zhou and Hartenstein come on down

mario_v, roslolian and hvic like this.
  6. hvic

hvic Member

I'm sure tickets and food prices will increase

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

This is most likely what is gonna happen, negotiations just started.

People here just have no idea how this works and think the first price you give is set in stone thats why they are overreacting.

8. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

Lesson for life: Never count a billionaire's money.

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The Rockets can try to move up the draft with any of our upcoming rookies to get a better player. I just don't think the Rockets should overpay him. This will make it
    even harder to trade him in the future. Everyone knows he is over dependent on Harden and Paul on offense.

Defensively, his shot blocking is very good and he can switch too. But I suspect part of the reason that he hasn't gotten a big contract are due to his limitations.

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Good article.

I'm not saying Clint would rank above many of these guys... BUT let's look at some of those names....

Gasol - OLD, pass. seriously, I don't want this guy at $10+ million. He'll be 34 next offseason. And already isn't the center you want against GSW.

Goran Dragic - pass. Went from underrated/paid to over very fast.

Kawhi - going to LA. Sure, maybe not....

KD - maybe he bolts?? Seems unlikely to me, but who knows.

Horford - Why wouldn't Boston resign him? Especially with the youth movement working, he's their most important player. It's only his age that is an issue as he'll be 32 next offseason.

Kyrie - If he can put together a healthy year, definitely a max top tier free agent.

Kevin Love - what can he bring?? It's so hard to tell his value at this point. Often injured. Will be 30.

---

Again, this is all how Clint's agent will present it to Clint. Klay is legit. Kemba is a solid get. If you can get KD or Kawhi or Kyrie (god dang what a run on "K" names), great. Butler is ok.

11. PatBev

PatBev Member

I'd rather have Zhou Qi cause at least he can pop a 3

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

**** that. This isn’t about Tilman, this is about Clint wanting more than he’s worth like Anderson.

We have the right to hate on him for being grossly overpaid. Anderson has hamstrung this team because of his awful deal.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

then you'd rather lose at this point

14. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

His real value was helping the Rockets get into the WCF by destroying KAT and Gobert.

Look, I know we all want only Warrior killers on this team but we also have to be realistic--Capela was a crucial part of the team's success last year. I can understand not wanting him at $25 million per but to conclude that the kid is easily replaceable.....that's a bit of a reach.

YOLO likes this.
  15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

The beginning of the end.

16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

They increase no matter what. Would you rather the money go to the player or the owner. Its not like when a player takes a paycut they cut the prices on the ticket, food, or drinks.

17. mario_v

mario_v Member

Take the $60 million. If he was worth $100 million, then some team would’ve offered it by now.

hvic likes this.
  18. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

Not sure it is abstract. Just think of it as 67% more. Everyone likes more. The more more the better.

I think most average people would not real notice a difference between 60M and 100M. Both are generational life changers.

19. HTM

HTM Member

Capela is not worth $25 million a season. Hard pass.

I'll take the "serviceable center" for the veterans minimum... Kosta Koufos come on down!

20. HardenMvp

HardenMvp Member

Then be mad that an injury prone cp3 is getting paid 40 million dollars per year