1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBATalk thinks Rockets will land C-Webb!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by gr8-1, Apr 10, 2001.

1. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

bad news.....very bad news. I hate those guys.

Do you have a link though ?
    ------------------
    "norm, would you like to buy an indian scalp ? This deal isn't gonna make or break me Norm, so don't jerk me around." Harry Carey "Norm, if I had a mohawk scalp, I wouldn't be sitting here talking to you."

[This message has been edited by gr8-1 (edited April 10, 2001).]

2. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

The above link is where you find the info at. You have to scroll down to where the Rockets are ranked at #14 and then read their comments just below the ranking.

------------------

3. Nadir

Nadir Member

I truly hope we land C-Webb, but NBA Talk is about as reliable as Shawn Kemp being a security guard at an all you can eat Chinese Buffet.

------------------
    ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

4. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

NBATalk is like the Star Magazine of the league - fun to read, but rarely has any truth to its information.

------------------
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

5. countingcrow

NBATalk is just giving their opinion on where they think Webber will end up. In no way are they saying that it for sure is going to happen. I just posted this to lift some spirits in the Rockets forum.

------------------

6. Prempeh

Prempeh Member

I don't know that NBAtalk's info is all that far-fetched, or at least, it's not like they're just pulling all this crap out of their arse...if you look closely, all their information comes from newspapers around the country, and that could mean they pick up an article by some beat hack that's dreamcasting about the team they're covering. Another thing to think about is that teams are always talking, but most of the time nothing comes of it, so people think some of these "rumors" are totally unfounded when, in fact, a deal that was actually being discussed simply never panned out.

------------------
    P.S. This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.

7. The Voice of Reason

My Balls Ache!!

I think its all this webber talk thats causing it.

------------------
    Hanta-Force Paintball
    www.hanta-force.com

8. haven

haven Member

Prempeh: The problem is that much of NBAtalk is nothing but idle speculation, or at best, something from a newspaper. They then imply to everyone else that they have the inside scoop, which they don't.

------------------
    I would believe only in a God who could dance. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Boston College - NCAA Hockey National Champions 2001

9. countingcrow