1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

It all comes down to What Would Melo Do (assuming Sam the Okieman stretches/cuts him, of course) and I believe he goes to LaLaLand.

Vivi and malakas like this.
  2. malakas

malakas Member

who says that?
    You think that Melo doesn't believe he will start over Ingram or Kuzma? In his mind he's a top player in this league.
    As for the Lakers themselves their moves so far have proved that they are stupid.

saleem likes this.
  3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Foregone conclusion? May be the conclusion but not forgone IMHO. (You're talking Ryno? If Melo then I agree.)

Why 'will' the Lakes' fans hate on Melo? He's an afterthought in their Summer-uv-KeBron.

4. malakas

malakas Member

No I meant Melo will be waived. It's a foregone conclusion at this point.
    Do you think that the Lakers fans or any fans, have a limited amount of hating capabillities? Let Melo play as he has been in the last few years in LAL and he will be one of the biggest scapegoats when they inevitably fail to do anything in the POs. If they even make them.

saleem likes this.
  5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

No way he starts over either of those players imo

6. malakas

malakas Member

We will see if he chooses LA.

I have noticed that Ingram is vastly overrated by most ppl lately. In fact he is a realllyy bad player. Only in tanking teams would he be a starter.

mockster, RasaqBoi and Hard_foul like this.
  7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I'd see Melo as a replacement for what some thought we might get out of Ryan Anderson; and in that context he would be an upgrade. But OKC knows this ...knows he likely would sign with Houston if they buy him out, and they certainly aren't interested in helping us out. So it will be interesting to see what OKC does here. Keeping him on the roster for that money with the lux tax looming is unthinkable. Other teams don't have the cap-space to absorb the contract and his no-trade clause complicates things. At the end of the day, they are going to have to come to some resolution which will make Melo a free agent.

jonasXV likes this.
  8. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

I love Morey as much as anyone, but every off season there’s a narrative that he has a move up his sleeve all the time “if anyone can do it Morey can” and that always makes me excited and retains hope but more often that not, not a lot happens. Last year was a great offseason other than Melo consuming us as the key to a champ formula, point is I’m remain optimistic for the hail mary miracle deal but just not sure.

Reeko and Aruba77 like this.
  9. malakas

malakas Member

10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Really not sure where the Lakes' fans' hate will be directed when they lose in Round II v GSW or TheGoodGuys. Perhaps there will be a 'JR-esque' moment by one of their fellas that will get the focus?

11. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

You know what i watched with my own eyes carmelo torch us earlier this season, if he teams up with cp3 And the Real MVP he can do that any given night X 2.

**** it! It might be a perfect match! Im in on Melo too. Unfortunately , Moreys anyltics might not be too fond of this move.

12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Seriously, in his (apparent) best interests, Ty Lue should negotiate an out of his contract and chill before the pressures kill him. He needs to step away in my psychobabble long-distance analysis.

justtxyank likes this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think they'd let him know that he's not even if he was delusional enough to think he would.

14. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Melo guaranteed to get at least 30 mins/game here and will start alongside Tucker and Capela.

Better situation than fighting Hart, Kuzma, Caldwell, and Ingram for minutes

15. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Buy-out + savings from minimum contact signed afterward will save the Thunderbloomers upwards from 50 mil; and despite Me7o's landing in LAL (likely) or H-town (not nearly so) SP would still be helping his team more than either of those two competitors.

16. 1234567

1234567 Member

The coach should just resign now.

Let the real GM of team pick his own coach as he will GM and coach the team.

But its the king, cannot be wrong right?

Who is going to tell the emperor he has no clothes on?

malakas likes this.
  17. ctry25

ctry25 Member

The thing with Melo is, both him and Ryan Anderson are a wash on defense. However, Melo has the ability to get his own shot off on the other end. Whether it’s by himself, or just launching. Playoff time is where Melo can be useful. Ryan was way too passive come playoff time.

Ryan_Success and jch1911 like this.
  18. BigO

BigO Member

Melo till i die.

19. rocketseagles07

All this ariza is overrated stuff is cool, and I’ll go with that on offense... but we almost beat the warriors because of defense.

I get why we didn’t sign ariza to 15 mil, but the switching everything defense is gonna be hard to replicate without him.

AXG likes this.
  20. BigO

BigO Member

If Luc is healthy? Dude was better on D then Ariza in regular season. Melo till i die.