1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tad brown: Calm the eff down

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 3, 2018.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It's supposed to make you feel just a tad better.:)

2. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

I don't want to read "run it back" from Tad. We need more pieces. Waiting for Morey New Math.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Calm at 1st seed lol.

BigShasta likes this.
  4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I've actually been down the Nile river. Fantastic scenery that is until I ran into a bunch of Rockets fans on an adjacent tour who kept going on and on about how our team keeps missing out on free agents as we sit on a wealth of nonexistent salary cap space

5. macan

macan Member

and also no luc tagged. we ain't running it back it seems..

6. steddinotayto

Luc wasn't ready to compete

macan likes this.
  7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Baghdad Brown: Everything is fine.

8. bozo

bozo Contributing Member

It's like the 80-20 rule. The closer to get to 100% the more difficult it is obtain the last few percentage points. We were arguably the second best team in the NBA last year, therefore there is not a lot out there that we can do to make us better. This would be tough to do even IF we had no NBA cap, and money was no object. Signing contracts and making trades for the sake of contracts and trades is not a good move. Mr Morey has always been aggressive in attempts to make this team a champion, most of the time it's worked, sometimes it doesnt. Patience, let it play out.
    And thanks to those who relentlessly follow every move, tweet, email, report, rumor and share with the rest of us.

9. pass_to_Hakeem

I didn’t ... I will when CC / Luc & hopefully 1 more athletic wing is signed!! Or RA is traded

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The Rockets still control his rights. It would not be tampering to mention him

11. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Doesn’t seem very hard for GS

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

No CP3 either lol

13. steddinotayto

He was the 2nd one mentioned

Vivi likes this.
  14. steddinotayto

Luxury of drafting/growing your own talent.

If I had to blame anyone I would blame the guy that didn't allow for the Rockets to tank when they should have to get better picks. We were on a treadmill of mediocrity for a while.

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

It's also true that in the last seasons, every summer the Rockets were basically "done" because:

- "they lost Parson"
    - "they lost Dwight"
    - "Paul and Harden will not work"

This time might be "they lost Ariza" who is an all star according to Skip.

Embrace the clutch and Patience like this.
  16. Vivi

Vivi Member

Welp, not sure how i missed that, i'm dumb lol, thanks

17. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

He's right, at the end of the day this has the potential to be a huge nothing.

If Boogie doesn't come back till January he still has to take time to work himself into shape and get used to the rotation. By Feb and March their in their stretch run to the playoffs. If Cousins has one set back he won't be with the team during the stretch run and maybe the playoffs.

Aside from that GS worst line-ups are when they actually roll out a true center. GS likes to play small so I'm not 100% how they plan to use him. Who are you going to take shots from to give Boogie touches in the post, or worst yet who is giving up perimeter shots so Boogie can jack 3's?

I can see he may be trying to repair his image as a locker room cancer, but if he gets a ring riding the pine will that change your view of him?

He's also leaving tens of millions on the table since GS won't have his bird right's to resign him next season. So even if he plays well he'll have to go somewhere else next season to cash in on his new found image.

Anyway, we're Rockets fans we should know better than anyone that banking on players coming off serious injuries is dicey at best.

Patience likes this.
  18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

The Rockets are fine. We need to be healthy and come out hot while winning games. 17 games. That's how many we lost with Paul missing 30 games and Harden actually going down for once.

8-2 in the playoffs until we met GS. Up 3-2 on GS.

Status quo was fine for Houston. What LA has done is nice, but they're still firmly below us at this point. We have a 1 year head start on them in the chemistry department.

With this being said, we gotta improve by the deadline and need a third all star caliber player.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Yeah that’s why we’re scared shitless about this CP3 contract

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

@steddinotayto @justtxyank I have cracked the cryptic code from Tad Brown's tweet.

Jontro, Cash Cam, joshuaao and 9 others like this.