1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CONFIRMED] LeBron to Lakers 4 year deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayfree, Jul 1, 2018.

1. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

This was a strange move, LBJ must be banking on someone coming this year or next.

2. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

its the best move for lebron. even if they are not contenders this year, i don't think it will be hard for them to attract star power to play with him.

jayfree, hakeem94 and daywalker02 like this.
  3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

*** Lebitch. *** LA.

I wish him postseason failure here on out until he retires with fewer rings than Kobe and MJ.

Look forward to beating the Fakers

He will forever be known as "LEBITCH" to me.

Sadly- if it comes to Warriors vs Lakers- I will root for Warriors.

4. topfive

topfive CF OG

So as a GM, you'd work a trade with another team knowing that the trade would probably move them ahead of you in the standings for this year AND every year in the next half decade?

Buford won't do that. Especially if it rewards the player who's causing the problem in the first place. Kawhi will go to Philly or Boston. Maybe Toronto. Maybe even the Clippers. He won't be going to the Lakers, though.

5. biina

biina Member

It is almost certain that Kawhi will be playing in LA latest by 2019 when he can join as a FA. This he has made pretty clear. Thus any other team who signs Kawhi are looking at a 1yr rental.

If you are the spurs, you do what is best for your team and get the most trade value for him. Boston,Philly and anybody else are unlikely to offer much for a 1yr rental while the Lakers would probably give more in an S&T.

6. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Wanna bet a beer. I think the decide thing is to far. At some point lbj gets old. Plus u wasnt beating gsw anyway. U get ypunger unyil their window is closed. It isnt really about not being better then the lakers. U draft good. U yurn ingram into a star. In 2 years u will be better lots better pop is a good coach. He can work with those young guys. U can get kuzma. No matter what the lakers say he off limits. They wont kwahi more thrn any other team. Meaning they will pay more. If ima a gm i want the best i can get for him. Now i agree if boston gives more...which i think where i takes go different. Cause i dont think they wpuld. Thier hand is to good. Why split 10's n philly wont can they really dont have anything to give. I wouldnt tkae fultz. Thats the only piece they have

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

They said exactly the same thing about Paul George last year. LA native, definitely going to go there when he's a FA, etc. The Sixers are supposedly confident they can convince him to stay. Surround him with all that raw talent, get him into the ECF or the NBA Finals and who knows? Plus the Sixers could acquire him without giving up Embiid or Simmons. Not nearly as long a shot as some seem to think, plus if they can't convince him to stay, they haven't sold out their future.

Bottom line, though, is if Buford doesn't want to trade him to LA, he's not going there this year.

8. FartWaffles

FartWaffles Member

Would be willing to be that he doesn't win a single championship with the Lakers and that this move actually tarnishes his career as far as it goes from a basketball perspective. He'll do well though in post-career and endorsements.

9. biina

biina Member

I don't remember PG13 saying he is only interested in playing in LA but simply that LA was rumored to be his preferred choicet. Also it's a different scenario with LeBron in LA vs some rookies, and PG13 case didn't have all the messy drama of Kawhi.

Kawhi seems to be doing all he can by fair or foul means to get to LA.

Like I said before, I expect Buford to get as much as he can for him. Spur are heading towards rebuilding so it's young talents and draft picks.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

11. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

**** Lebron not even giving us a meeting out of respect and **** LA for always being lucky. I'm glad their taxes are sky high.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  12. topfive

topfive CF OG

Looking like it was the Lakers all along, with no real consideration given to anyone else. Only the Cavs got so much as a polite meeting. Not surprising, since he wants to line up his post-NBA career right now.

Still, we can all take solace in watching his acting career go south faster than a drunken prom date.

13. Clutchster

Clutchster Member

I am aware of that, but I can't believe that's what LeBron settled with.

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

yep many females have remarked to me "he's really ugly" on lebron. gonna be hard to make it in showbiz

15. igotwhipscollectingdust

You aren’t a real Rockets fan if you would root for those smug b****es under any circumstances.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Are we going to stoop to that level after Lebron not considering us?

There are all kinds of guys in show biz. The Rock Johnson, Kevin Hart, all not the typical 'leading man'.

Who says he will 'only' do show biz after retirement? He could do business and partner up with the Silicon Valley for all we care.

So Lebron's choices boil down to 'many females'? Way to go.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'm already on record here multiple times going back a month that i didn't even care if he signed with us. what i posted just now is what 5-6 different girls have told me and has nothing to do with where lebron plays

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I like it... NBA will be more fun with lakers having any hope to contend however false or elusive

BamBam likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Alright, then you should know that Lebron does not need to get into acting, he can if he wants.

But he will be a millionaire - close to a billionaire because he is Lebron, he has a brand.

He can get commercials wherever he wants.

It is just lazy argumentation to attack someone's looks. (to those females). Just mah humble opinion.

He looks way better than his mom. Gloria isn't known for her beauty.

[​IMG]

BamBam likes this.
  20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the girls who said this don't really follow basketball, they probably just saw his commercials and based their opinions off that. but let's not kid ourselves, in showbusiness, politics, etc looks definitely matter. and judging by that old pic you posted, lebron definitely has not aged well

daywalker02 likes this.