1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Spot on here. I don't know if the Rockets will get LeBron. I am not expecting it. BUT, one is being naive if you don't think Morey has trades lined up to make things work. And he has plan A, B, C, D. And he had CP3's contract situation mapped out LAST summer.

When you see posts where a person has an "A-ha" moment and wonder if Morey can do something or contemplated something.....just know...HE HAS.

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Nope, guarantee date is later on.

This is exactly like the Kendrick Perkins option the Cavs exercised. It gives us the option to keep him, waive him or trade him at a later date. Waiving him would have been pointless at this time.

Bobsputin likes this.
  3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i trust that Morey will make the best out the situation that's presented to us. if there's a deal to be had, he'll get it done. and if not, i'm excited for plans B, C, D and E. I have total faith in our GM.

mikol13, hongxingli, BigMaloe and 6 others like this.
  4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

True, except for "A-ha" moments of cfnet contemplating whether we should sign Dwight Howard if he gets a buyout.

5. Nachobar

Nachobar Where’s my chips?

A REAL Burt Alert from earlier this month...

Fingers are still very crossed.

D-rock and BigMaloe like this.
  6. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

It depends on whether the player has a "Player Option" or an "Early Termination Option".

Lebron has a player option. That means he has the right to add an additional year to his contract (i.e. opt-in). You are correct, a player with a "Player Option" doesn't have to do anything to become a free agent (opt-out). Doing nothing makes him a free agent. He has to notify the team that he is exercising his option in order to "opt-in".

If a player had an "ETO", then it would be reversed. They would have to exercise their option to termination the final year of their contract and become a FA. If they did nothing then the final year of the contract would be in effect.

DonKnock, Richie_Rich, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  7. justtxyank

The problem is that the excuses have been used from every angle and they contradict each other.

8. itsoktobealone

People actually think here Koby Altman is gonna trade LeBron James for Eric Gordon and Ryan Anderson and picks (that are gonna be in high 20's). ROFL

9. aelliott

Not necessarily. He could opt in but not be traded for weeks or more. I

If he doesn't opt in then we're not likely getting him. If he opts in, it just means that we still have a chance.

Opting in doesn't eliminate any potential destinations for him. If he's worked it out with CLE and they want to get something back, opting in could buy him additional time and not eliminate anyone yet.

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

???

11. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Burt Steele is dead to me.

D-rock likes this.
  12. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

This has been mentioned a gazillion times...It's better than the Cavs getting nothing if he opts out and joins your fakers.

13. SS0101

SS0101 Member

And you think Lonzo Ball is Jason Kidd. Much more stupid imo.

D-rock likes this.
  14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Dude, they literally traded him when he was in his prime to the Heat for two shitty 1st rounders and two 2nd rounders.

D-rock likes this.
  15. Rocketrik

Rocketrik Member

I'm 99.9% sure LeBron isn't coming here and I'm not getting my hopes up. But if morey gets it done he's the goat gm

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

That's not people, that's Burt F-ing Steele!

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

Well, at least we're at the right date, 50/50 chance he's right on that lol

18. justtxyank

Who does that guy think he is to doubt Burt Steele?

D-rock likes this.
  19. aelliott

No, it would most defniitely be a 3 team deal. Cleveland would only want picks and young players.

If it came down to it, CLE will take any picks that they can get rather than getting nothing in return for Lebron. Why wouldn't they? If Lebron leaves, it won't be as bad as the last time. That was ugly. Gilbert went off in his public letter to Lebron but at the end of the day he still did a sign and trade to Miami in order to at least get something back. He ended up getting 3 low first rounders and a big trade exception. If Lebron wants to be traded that's the likely net to Cleveland again this time.

D-rock likes this.
  20. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

My theory is that Burt Steele is Morey’s burner account. But he uses it for notes and reminders to himself rather than PR purposes. That’s why you see transaction concepts and actual times like 5:46 pm on a Tuesday. He uses the handle Burt Steele because he met the actual Burt Steele at an NFL-sponsored fundraiser. Morey was impressed by Burt’s DGAF-I-say-what-I-want-with-no-care personality. Morey envied him. So he figured he’d be Burt in the digital world. Burt makes the perfect disguise too because the trade concepts and reminders are so outlandish that it blends in with Burt’s normal personality.

Bobsputin likes this.