1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Lmao....

The Lakers are being used as leverage so hard, they are making Sacremento jealous...

Lulz...

DonKnock likes this.
  2. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Really need to explore what leverage LeBron has by threatening to opt in to find your answer. Really the only thing he can do is put a soft deadline on Magic to produce a trade for a superstar. I don’t exactly agree with the logic, but one could argue he is just doing everything he can to put pressure on the Lakers to make a deal, where the threat of just running it back with Cleveland (post opt out) isn’t as plausible as forcing a trade to Houston.

It’s a stretch, but that’s my best guess if he’s not actually considering Houston.

3. aroundtheblock2

Which may or may not have nothing to do with LeBron. The Cavs might be maneuvering for picks in preparation for working to trade for another star such as Kemba Walker. Although I don't think adding Kemba Walker does much of anything.

Cavs could trade for Kemba and add Dwight Howard for cheap I guess? And they just drafted Sexton, so maybe they can put a decent squad together to get through the east again, but that isn't winning the title. Celtics still might be a better squad than that when its all said and done.

4. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

kinda surprised clutch still allows holic pretend to be an insider.

Rocketrik, DonKnock, el gnomo and 5 others like this.
  5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Oh boy, here we go again @Bobbythegreat

Articles explaining how players (even The King) should just want to go to the Lakers, as some schpecial argument for the Lakers free agency prospects. :D

DonKnock likes this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

Lakers now talking about going after a different star? Bron, stop this nonsense and come where u belong...Lakers ain’t got their sh*t together

lionaire likes this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Those types of articles are tradition at this point.

DonKnock likes this.
  8. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I know this is your schtick, but you have no more information, or connections with the people involved in the NBA than anybody else does. If you are saying "Everything is good" in the sense that the Rockets will be a contender, cool. If you are sticking to LeBron is coming to Houston as a high probability? Nope.

There. Is. Nothing. To. Indicate. LeBron. Has. Ever. Considered. Houston. We cannot wish it were so because it makes sense to us as Rockets fans.

el gnomo and J.R. like this.
  9. itsoktobealone

Preach.

10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

remind me again . . . what exactly is it that's going to go down?

11. lionaire

lionaire Member

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's not really true, his relationship with CP3 and the fact that his ONLY chance at a championship next year or in the foreseeable future is if he forces a trade to Houston is enough to indicate that he's at least considered the possibility.

D-rock likes this.
  13. 50/fifty

50/fifty Member

There's been multiple reports that the Rockets are in play.

14. 50/fifty

50/fifty Member

IT

heypartner likes this.
  15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'll take a bottle too.

16. xaos

xaos Member

Fun fact: I was a lurker for yeeeears (been a fan since our championship years). I signed up to block him.

D-rock, Rocketrik, SWTsig and 14 others like this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

• This game of opt-in chicken could go all the way until 11:59 p.m. on Friday. Do the Lakers really believe LeBron might opt in with Cleveland, and cede at least some control of his free agency back to Dan Gilbert? Does LeBron want to make L.A. believe it? Would he dare opt in without a prearranged trade?
    • The Clippers dealt Austin Rivers for Marcin Gortat in part to tilt leverage with DeAndre Jordan (and perhaps the Mavericks, among his suitors) back in their favor. If Jordan opts out of his $24 million deal for next season, LA has a starting center. If he opts in, the Clippers with one stroke of the pen regain some control of his destiny. They'd be fine keeping even a disgruntled Jordan, and using Gortat as a backup, sources say. If they trade him, they can do so without worrying about acquiring a center.
    • The legacy of the 2016 cap spike and resulting spending orgy: Only a half-dozen or so teams have pathways to meaningful cap space, and three of them -- Atlanta, Chicago and Sacramento -- are signaling they plan to use it to take on bad salary, and extract draft picks as the price, sources say.
    • If they miss out on the big stars, the Rockets may approach Eric Gordon for extension talks once they are allowed to do so in July, sources say. I would still bet on Houston offering Chris Paul something less than his full five-year max, especially given the tax advantage of Texas living.

D-rock, DonKnock, Vivi and 1 other person like this.
  18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I’m down to celebrate. Drinks on me. Too bad that’s it ain’t happening

19. skenney1993

skenney1993 Member

There have been 2 reports from credible people: Woj saying CP3 is heavily recruiting LeBron and Windy today saying Houston is in play if LeBron opts in. That's not much smoke to start a fire.

SWTsig, joshuaao, malakas and 2 others like this.
  20. TheresTheDagger

Yule C