1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. itsoktobealone

Cause 28 teams don't have Kawhi saying he's not gonna play for them if they are not called the LA Lakers. We really don't need to sell our farm for him. But I do understand what's going on. He's probably the first domino needed to fall to get the rest.

P.S: Holy ****, I just watched the 2nd part of Paul George thing. That ****er is staying in OKC :eek:

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I wasn't suggesting that the actual deadline was tonight, just that if we don't hear about an opt in and trade tonight I don't believe it will happen. I think if they were planning on going that route they'd give themselves a bit more time to get it done.

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

helps pass the time anyway ;)

heypartner and justtxyank like this.
  4. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

More money, I’d say. Not a ton more, but still more. He is on record that he’ll never play for less than the max.

He’s trying to own a team and catch Buffett someday.

5. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Paul George opting out......that's literally it

tmactoyao likes this.
  6. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

7. BigDikNENE

BigDikNENE Member

if Lebron wants to play with stars badly why cant he force a trade to Houston??? Instead he has to hope for one before he joins...

adw and DonKnock like this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Also there's talk of a Suns trade in the works with a mystery team that is most likely the Cavs

tmactoyao likes this.
  9. TheresTheDagger

The "Opt in" is essentially our deadline. It's definitely not Lebron's. I personally think he's opting out to keep his own options open although obviously almost closing the door on Houston.

There will ALWAYS be a place for him no matter what team he chooses....so from his perspective, why rush things?

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well because when he loses the Houston option, he loses the only chance at a championship next season. That's why there would be pressure to make the decision now.

11. rhinomft

rhinomft Member

Jimmy or Warren? :cool:

12. TheresTheDagger

If that were all it was to it, I'm pretty sure Lebron would already be a Rocket. The fact he isn't already is pretty telling. Sucks but true.

Nelly likes this.
  13. 50/fifty

50/fifty Member

Maybe they have been talking about it. Maybe that's why they were shopping Gordon on draft night. They've been shopping rino so u know thats been happening. Maybe ariza is talking bout other teams because he knows LeBron is coming. Maybe we haven't extended a offer to capela yet because he's a piece the Cavs want in a sign n trade deal....

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  14. jman255

jman255 Member

D
    ont forget about Kanter and Thaddeus Young opting IN!

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Oh boy, here we go again @justtxyank

He may or may not like/want to play in the City of Houston
    He may or may not want to play with Harden
    He wants to be the lead dog & build his own super team instead of joining one. Don't you already see him trying to play GM of the Lakers?

https://thebiglead.com/2018/06/28/lakers-lebron-james-kawhi-leonard-free-agency-trade/

Here’s the problem: if James is essentially making demands that the Lakers shape their roster to accommodate his wishes, the franchise should walk away. If he truly wants to be in LA, wear the purple and gold and play under Magic Johnson, he should go and trust the organization to build him a contender. Johnson and general manager Rob Pelinka have built this current squad wisely and done so while saving up a ton of cap space to help it. If James wants to blow that up for another shot or two at the Golden State Warriors, the Lakers should say “thanks, but no thanks.”

This is what LeBron does, he goes to an organization, makes demands and basically takes over.

In Miami he won two titles in four years back when three-man super teams could work. And one of those titles only came thanks to a miracle shot by Ray Allen. Those Heat rosters were wildly unbalanced because of salary cap constraints and relied heavily on aging bench players. It was an awful formula and the Heat have yet to recover from how awful the roster was when James left.

During his second run in Cleveland, LeBron won a title in 2016 after being down 3-1 in the finals. But do the Cavs even get that chance if Draymond Green isn’t suspended for a key game? His team — built around Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love and a ton of bad contracts — never truly worked. James was the only reason the Cavs made it as far as they did regularly.

Thanks to LeBron’s influence, guys like Tristan Thompson, J.R. Smith, Kyle Korver and Iman Shumpert were given ridiculous contracts that virtually no one would touch. Even Love’s max deal looks awful now.

The lesson? LeBron James is a great basketball player but a terrible general manager. If he wants to make a run at another title, a quick fix his way isn’t going to cut it. He’s failed repeatedly at trying to build a roster he likes. LeBron needs to focus on what he does best: playing basketball. Leave the roster building to the front office.

The Lakers aren’t winning a title in 2018-19 no matter who they add. Throwing it all in this year just to appease LeBron James would be an incredibly short-sighted move and the height of stupidity.

LeBron James is a great basketball player, but Magic Johnson, Rob Pelinka and Jeanie Buss are in charge of the Lakers. They can’t give that up just to get him to town. If he wants to be in Los Angeles, he needs to do things their way, not his.

16. basketballholic

Not hardly. I've got much better ones.

Hard_foul and heypartner like this.
  17. HP3

HP3 Member

I wonder how Zhou Qi feels about all of this.

18. basketballholic

There has already been plenty of smoke. And fire. Stay at 1%. And be happy, smashed, and thrilled crazy when it goes down. Everything is good.

Peace bro.

19. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Don’t worry, wait until he realizes how many finals Magic has been in and that he’s Magic Johnson.

BigMaloe, Vivi, Plowman and 2 others like this.
  20. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I had it higher.. time just isn’t our friend atm

@basketballholic I’ll buy you a bottle of something if this happens. Def on your side

#4920 sammy, Jun 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2018