1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Lakers. Dodgers.

The absolute worst, I have a bunch of LA friends and anytime I spew some sense of common sense (stats, etc.) they just gloat on the past.

"How many rings y'all got?", "Back when we had Kobe...", "Rockets only won rings when Jordan was out of the league", "Darvish is such a great pick-up! (Astros own him, tried warning them)", "Warriors in 4, maybe 5".

It's sad when I know more about their team than they do... And the sports talk out here is absolutely dreadful. The homerism on Kawhi being a Laker July 1 is so dumb. Nothing logical is ever spoken of, I can't take it seriously.

It's really bad. That one poster who keep posting is the exact replica of the Doyer blue and Laker contingent... I really hope Lebron goes to Lakers. It'll make beating them even better.

Richie_Rich, SLRokJok and Bobsputin like this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

I agree and what is really annoying is that a lot of Lakers fans just smoothly transitioned into being Warriors fans...... and will be Lakers fans again if the Lakers become pertinent again.

slothy420 and BigMaloe like this.
  3. itsoktobealone

I feel that Magic Johnson wouldn't say that unless he was already sure he's getting someone this year. This type of thing is what got (among other reasons) Mitch and Jim fired. But we'll see what happens.

justtxyank and Bobsputin like this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. Nemospl

Nemospl Member

If LeBron were going to LA then it's not a 2 summer thing. It's a this summer thing. To me his comments are preparing LA fans for disappointment this summer.

6. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Now I get why that Lakers weirdo is here. A "win" over Houston in NBA free agency is supposed to make up for this?

I guess... o_O

7. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Might be referring to Kawhi's free agency next summer.

DonKnock and justtxyank like this.
  8. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Let's say they both go there..It would take 1 year minimum to make them even in the same stratosphere as us, or the worriers. Even then, it would be brutal for them, as we are and will be loaded. LBJ's clock is ticking away. He, likely hasn't the time nor inclination for that.

The one codicil to this -

[​IMG]

xiki, sammy and Bobsputin like this.
  9. Nemospl

Nemospl Member

Yes but LeBron isn't going there to wait a year to compete. It's not a 2 summer thing with him.

10. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

That was probably the agreement when he took the position.

11. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Man.... I still get chills to do this day. Was at a LA bar crying tears of joy. Doyers fans were in shock...

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.cleveland.com/expo/spor...1dc596224/lebron_james_four_likely_landi.html

https://www.101sports.com/audio/bri...are-inviting-lebron-to-move-on-and-hes-aware/

Windhorst:

Chances he stays in Cleveland & what will it take it to entice him to stay?

Cavs have kinda been moving on, believing he won't be there for the last year. Knowing once LeBron walks out the door, they could go 50-75 years without having a player like that. I would continue to sell my soul & future for every year I can get him to stay. ... For whatever reasons, Cavs have decided that they should trade their players like Kyrie Irving for draft picks. GM Koby Altman, after drafting Collin Sexton, said we're back into player development business & looking forward to developing players. I think they've been moving on. They're basically inviting LeBron to go elsewhere & he's very aware of that. I think they're running 2nd to the Lakers right now. As of right now, I think the Cavs are running 2nd.

4 landing spots - LA, Houston, SA & Philadelphia? Does LeBron fit in Philly?

I would love to hear the Sixers pitch & how they envision playing together. It took a long time to figure out what kind of team you needed around LeBron. They finally got it in Miami, which is you need a big man who can get out of the way, rebound, defend, get the heck out of the way on offense.(Bosh/Love) Then you need a guard who is OK with running point sometimes but is effective off the ball. In Miami, that was Mario Chalmers. He upgraded to Kyrie Irving. I look at Philly & see two number one picks in a row who are guards who need the ball & can't play off the ball because they can't shoot. I don't see a match there. I haven't heard Joel Embiid volunteering to move to the corner. I don't think San Antonio & Houston are really that legitimate either. I think it's LA & Cleveland. Philly is in the game if only because LeBron would like to hear what their plan might be. I think it's LA or Cleveland and LA in the lead.

Foregone Paul George is going with him?

Not sure there's a endless desire for Kawhi & LeBron to play together. They don't have any relationship. Basketball wise, it'd be amazing. They'd be great together but I don't see a burning desire. Also, it's been made clear by the Spurs they don't intend to trade him to the Lakers. I don't think LeBron can wait for Kawhi. As for Paul George, I don't know what he'll do. It's between Lakers & Thunder there. He has incentives to stay in OKC. If you're LeBron, you'd love to walk into a team & be the last piece. That's what happened in Miami. They had Bosh, had Wade, lined up Mike Miller, had Udonis Haslem on the roster. Not the way it'll work this time around. He might have to go to some place & feel like let's see how it's built. Back to Cleveland vs. LA, do you believe in LA's future or in Cleveland's future? That's what it may come down to. LA has the better young talent base, more cap space, LA as a draw. I see LA in the lead. Not done but in the lead.​

Marc Spears

https://www.mighty1090.com/episode/marc-spears-kawhis-story-is-the-elephant-in-the-room-in-the-nba/

... I'm hearing more & more Paul George is probably staying.

Deuce, BigMaloe, DonKnock and 4 others like this.
  13. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

To me his comments are to avoid tampering charges...

So will we all be shocked when he goes to the Bulls??? (lol)

DonKnock and motleydeflep6 like this.
  14. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

Magic’s comments are just to avoid tampering

itsoktobealone and xiki like this.
  15. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

WTH? Capela? Harden? Paul? ​

DonKnock and jch1911 like this.
  16. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

and this guys still claims Houston is not a realistic destination

BigMaloe, hakeem94 and DonKnock like this.
  17. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

If you're LeBron, you'd love to walk into a team & be the last piece. That's what happened in Miami. They had Bosh, had Wade, lined up Mike Miller, had Udonis Haslem on the roster. Not the way it'll work this time around. He might have to go to some place & feel like let's see how it's built. Back to Cleveland vs. LA, do you believe in LA's future or in Cleveland's future? That's what it may come down to. LA has the better young talent base, more cap space, LA as a draw. I see LA in the lead. Not done but in the lead.​

This guy is on drugs (So i guess HArden + Chris Paul doesnt count as 2 of the pieces.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Bronny is making a lifestyle/family decision first and a basketball decision about tenth or so. "Championship mode" ... ignore what he said.

19. izeroi

izeroi Member

Some of these analyst have their heads in the sky (to put nicely). We literally have the team/recipe to win . Not the Lakers, not the Cavs, not Philly.

It's like they all have blinders on. I get majority of media wants him to land in LA because it's LA but to act like we don't have anything to offer or shouldn't be considered is ridiculous.

20. izeroi

izeroi Member

To me you're just telling the world with what years you have left in the league you're now ok with losing as long as the fam and your business is thriving.

DonKnock likes this.