1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2017-18

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Any trade involving Ryno for Parsons is not realistic. How is that not a lateral move after all the Ryno bashing we’ve done on this forum?
    Sure Memphis would love EG, but he is not worth the #4 pick, or rather they could get a lot more for that #4 pick.

saleem and luckyman76 like this.
  2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

#862 zeeshan2, Jun 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    D-rock and JamalP. like this.
  3. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

An absolutely terrible trade idea made worse with this laughable claim that WCS is 3x the player Capela is.

4. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

I've always liked Schroder. Seems like every time we played them, he has a good game. Also gets him away from floppy hair dude. I end up watching his hair just as much as the game.

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

of all the teams in the lottery, the Hawks strike me as a team that will be going "all in" on the 76ers "tank process", but just be more quiet about it.

luckyman76, BigMaloe and JamalP. like this.
  6. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I don't agree WCS is better than Capela on this team and you saw his value in the playoffs and he is an APPRECIATING asset in play and the same age as WCS. His contract will not be great but you are trading down to do the same with WCS who will not be worth the money either. Our team is in a win now position and even if your assessments were correct they detracts from that strategy. I think the misunderstanding comes from the CBA or what we are doing. We are operating above the cap so this is throwing away assets we cannot replace to use imaginary cap space. We can do all the things we currently want to do WITHOUT cap space. Doing the regressive moves cripples us and gains us nothing.

7. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

delete[​IMG]

#867 DM'sVP, Jun 19, 2018
  8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Wizards trade: Otto Porter, Markieff Morris

Rockets trade: Ryan Anderson, PJ Tucker, C. Onuaku, Zhou Qi and their 2020 first rounder.

Then acquire Lebron somehow.
    CP3, Harden, Porter, Lebron, Capela with Gordon, Morris and Green off the bench.

Why do the Wizards do this?? For a change of pace?? Tucker is probably more valuable than Morris. Ryan's contract isn't as "bad" as Porter's (I like Porter, just overpaid).

#868 JayZ750, Jun 19, 2018
  9. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

Markieff Morris

saleem and JayZ750 like this.
  10. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

HOU in: LeBron and Korver
    ATL in: Anderson
    CLE in: Bazemore and Thad Young
    IND in: Gordon, Nene and Onuku

CLE can get 2 first and a couple players that can either be flipped for draft picks later or Young could replace Love. And, they save a bit by ditching Korver.
    ATL gets rid of a small headache in Bazemore and could possibly get a first for taking on Anderson. I think that they settle for a couple 2nds instead of a 1st seeing that they are shipping out salary as well.
    IND is probably willing to give up a first for Gordon. Sebonis is better than Young and Young is creating a bit of a log jam for them.
    HOU gets LeBron and Korver who could get very wide open looks with the Rockets.

luckyman76 likes this.
  11. JamalP.

JamalP. Member

If we could get Otto P. That would be a win his game mesh well with what we do. Would hate to lose Pj tho

12. Erbnwarfare

Erbnwarfare Member

In Asik
    Felicio
    Out Ryhno
    First and second
    Buyout Asik
    Get rid of Felicio

13. faraza84

faraza84 Member

rockets out. Ego and Anderson to Portland
    Xi to Cleveland
    Rockets in. Lebron and swanigan (Portland)

Cavs out. Lebron
    Cavs in. Cj McCollum, xi, Evan turner

Portland out. Swanigan Evan turner and cj
    Portland in. Jr Smith ego and Anderson

My reasoning is I think Cleveland wants to be competitive if Lebron leaves and that ego would be great but they don’t want Anderson as they already have love. Cleveland opts to get rid of jr and take in cj who is a star and turner and Ohio state product who can get some time at the 3 spot. It keeps ppl in the seats and prob makes them an 8th seed with potential to get slightly better until they could possibly flip love for a younger star. Also xi is just a sweetener. Cavs as I recall have a large Chinese investors so why not. He’s not playing here.

For Portland they have too much money at the 1 and 2 position with dame and cj so they can break cjs 25 million into 2 players ego and Gordon while shedding Evan turner and get jr as a backup at the 2-3 spot. It helps Portland be more complete and utilize their cash in diff positions. It’s not perfect but a team with bad contracts and having been swept this is a way to get better quicker.

Rockets. Well we get Lebron enough said. Pipe dream possibly but I couldn’t think of a team that would take Anderson out right and then the only option in my mind was packaging him with ego and I could only think of Portland. I’m sure there is another team but can’t think of one willing to take much salary to actually get better.

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Dwayne Dedmon opted into his 6.3 mil contract.

Nene(buyout or retire), Onuaku, Qi, cash + 2 seconds

Would be a great get for relatively no significant assets. The addition of Dedmon + our MLE could really help bolster the team.

joshuaao likes this.
  15. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

and Portland won't take Lebron for themselves in this proposal why...

16. vonbock

vonbock Member

Here is an idea. Paul is just going to be injured for half the year every year so it it would be waste paying him. I think we should just gather assets and bring the most hyped combo over here and everyone would be watching. We do a sign a trade with the Lakers, CP for Lonzo Ball and their 1st round draft pick. Then sign LiAngelo. Then when Lamelo comes out, we draft him. We would have all 3 Ball brothers , Harden and a guaranteed championship per dad. This would be much more exciting than CP on the DL for 1-2 months at a time.

17. musketoon

musketoon Member

Well because Lebron would veto the **** out of that if he didnt want to go?

18. lionaire

lionaire Member

If we had to do a bad contract for bad contract trade with Ryan, what are some options out there? Batum has that extra year with a player option. Allen Crabbe maybe?

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Anderson, Onuaku, 2 future 1st for DAJ + 2nd

Then

S&T Capela to Mavs for a 2019 or 2020 top 7 protected 1st that keeps pushing back until it conveys.

Mavs 1st, 3 Houston 2nds, Qi to (Cavs/OKC/Minny)

One of LBJ/PG/Butler to Houston

bratna8 likes this.
  20. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

Rockets Trade:
    @itsoktobealone

Warriors Trade:
    Klay Thompson Chocolate Milk Commercial VHS tapes